LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by crabman82:
yeah i'm in canada and the 4 top fights on the card were on tv for me. the rest was on fight pass though.

how were they? how was the guillard/johnson fight?

the fights were pretty good. guillard/johnson was kind of boring a bit, johnson was stalking him but it looked a little bit like guillard was kind of running away a bit in that fight. the tough part was that the announcers were british (including dan hardy doing commentary) and the ring announcer was absolutley brutal. makes you appreciate bruce buffer.
yeah i'm in canada and the 4 top fights on the card were on tv for me. the rest was on fight pass though.

how were they? how was the guillard/johnson fight?

the fights were pretty good. guillard/johnson was kind of boring a bit, johnson was stalking him but it looked a little bit like guillard was kind of running away a bit in that fight. the tough part was that the announcers were british (including dan hardy doing commentary) and the ring announcer was absolutley brutal. makes you appreciate bruce buffer.

no one can top bruce buffer

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that fayget has sure become a character. his voice sux doe.
oh snap! just realized that the Hendricks/Lawler fight is this weekend. don't know who to root for. been a fan of Lawlor's ever since he made his UFC debut. been a fan of Hendrick's ever since he whooped Sadollah.

not to mention two of my other favorite welterweights are goin at it in the co-main event: Condit/Woodley

love watching both these dudes. both deserve it. but going hendricks only because i think he should already be the one with it.
via Dana White

"The whole Fight Pass thing was confusing to people. I think we did a bad job of messaging it, not only to our fans, but also to our fighters. I heard Gustafsson said yesterday 'I'm a little bummed out – I went from PPV to Fight Pass.'

"First of all, the fight is being distributed to 350 million possible viewers throughout the world. This fight is available in Canada, in Brazil, Mexico, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, The Dominican Republic, Venezuela, The Phillipines, Australia, Mongolia, India, New Zealand, The UAE- Abu Dhabi and all this countries down there. In the UK, the entire will be on BT Sport, and the main event for the first time ever here will be on Channel 5, open TV to everybody. We're in Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Croatia, and Israel. All of those countries in Israel, 350 million homes.

The A m e r i c a n s have to pay for it on Fight Pass. So the reason that this happened is, we added 10 more fights, we went to FOX and try to see if FOX would pick up these 10 more fights, and they didn't. So that's why we put these on Fight Pass."

"They create their budgets at the beginning of the year and it wasn't in their budget to pick up these fights. You know, not to say they don't pick them up later, or whatever could happen with the deal, but that's what happened. So, it's either no onebody gets to see them or you put them on Fight Pass.

"So, I hope that clears up some of the questions about Fight Pass. And anybody else and the rest of the world and countries I didn't call, that I didn't say a minute ago, they get it on Fight Pass too. Which of course all these people in other countries are pumped to pay for it on Fight Pass, whereas the Americans who are used to getting these fights for free, some of them are a little twisted, but whatever, what are you going to do."

- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/white-fight-pass-started-when-fox-turned-down-broadcasting-of-10-ufc-fights/#sthash.8u4AoimJ.dpuf

the UFC Gym shows all the fights, but they weren't playing this card. makes me even more confused.
  • Jiks

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
via Dana White

"The whole Fight Pass thing was confusing to people. I think we did a bad job of messaging it, not only to our fans, but also to our fighters. I heard Gustafsson said yesterday 'I'm a little bummed out – I went from PPV to Fight Pass.'

"First of all, the fight is being distributed to 350 million possible viewers throughout the world. This fight is available in Canada, in Brazil, Mexico, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, The Dominican Republic, Venezuela, The Phillipines, Australia, Mongolia, India, New Zealand, The UAE- Abu Dhabi and all this countries down there. In the UK, the entire will be on BT Sport, and the main event for the first time ever here will be on Channel 5, open TV to everybody. We're in Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Croatia, and Israel. All of those countries in Israel, 350 million homes.

The A m e r i c a n s have to pay for it on Fight Pass. So the reason that this happened is, we added 10 more fights, we went to FOX and try to see if FOX would pick up these 10 more fights, and they didn't. So that's why we put these on Fight Pass."

"They create their budgets at the beginning of the year and it wasn't in their budget to pick up these fights. You know, not to say they don't pick them up later, or whatever could happen with the deal, but that's what happened. So, it's either no onebody gets to see them or you put them on Fight Pass.

"So, I hope that clears up some of the questions about Fight Pass. And anybody else and the rest of the world and countries I didn't call, that I didn't say a minute ago, they get it on Fight Pass too. Which of course all these people in other countries are pumped to pay for it on Fight Pass, whereas the Americans who are used to getting these fights for free, some of them are a little twisted, but whatever, what are you going to do."

It's a way to get you to n Firstrowsports their ppvs.

- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/white-fight-pass-started-when-fox-turned-down-broadcasting-of-10-ufc-fights/#sthash.8u4AoimJ.dpuf

the UFC Gym shows all the fights, but they weren't playing this card. makes me even more confused.

It's Ufc trying to get you to not Firstrowsports their ppvs.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
via Dana White

but they arent going to be showing ppv with the fight pass regardless.
^^ that's gay as fuvk den. What a greedy bastrd Dana is.
^^ that's gay as fuvk den. What a greedy bastrd Dana is.

he admitted that it was a mistake and they fcked up. he thought they were gonna be televised with fox, but fox dropped 10 cards that they planned to show. dana didn't sound happy about it.

MMAFighting.com ‏@MMAFighting 4m
Quinton Jackson, Muhammed Lawal to be co-main event in Bellator's inaugural PPV http://sbn.to/1oJ3zEq ;
via Dana White

PPV event is separate from the fight pass.

it's the UFC brand gym not broadcasting a UFC event............. got all dressed up to half ass workout for nothing.
MMAFighting.com ‏@MMAFighting 4m
Quinton Jackson, Muhammed Lawal to be co-main event in Bellator's inaugural PPV http://sbn.to/1oJ3zEq ;

so...... is Bellator suing guys for streaming yet?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Disqualifartation.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

That's messed up, he almost had that Omoplata though.
Share 49ersWebzone