• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

who this joto?

Is he going to be fast enough on his feet to hang with Rashad?

Fight is off, Evans is hurt lol

Eww. I bet you they move Machida and Mousasi to this card. Well, it maybe too late, but you never know.

Sucks, I was looking forward to this fight

who this joto?

Daniel Cormier. but like the rest of the guys noted, his LHW debut is gonna be delayed since Suga Rashad got hurt.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wtf? does that dude even lift?

who this joto?

Is he going to be fast enough on his feet to hang with Rashad?

Fight is off, Evans is hurt lol

Eww. I bet you they move Machida and Mousasi to this card. Well, it maybe too late, but you never know.

Sucks, I was looking forward to this fight

Chael offered to step in...... DC said he's fight chael or whoever wants to step up, doesn't want 10 weeks of training to go to waste.
probably just posturing but who knows....

http://www.bjpenn.com/dana-white-tells-gilbert-melendez-to-start-looking-elsewhere-after-contract-negotiations/
negotiations between dana white and gilbert melendez's management seem to have stalled. dana white has told melendez that he "should also probably start looking elsewhere."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1958368-gilbert-melendezs-contract-status-has-ufc-future-in-doubt

sounds like a lot of fighters aren't happy with their contract. i'm wondering if a fighters union will start to be formed soon......
i hope Gil stays. just looks like he wants to stay but his manager is holding back for more
looks like Dana was able to find a fighter that will face Cormier in 9 days notice: undefeated fighter, Patrick Cummings

looks like Dana was able to find a fighter that will face Cormier in 9 days notice: undefeated fighter, Patrick Cummings

thank god......

i was hoping for anyone but chael. nothing against chael, but based on his fight against rashad........

• evil
  • Veteran
"I heard about this kid Patrick Cummins before," UFC president Dana White told MMAFighting.com. "The thing that's interesting about this kid is that he was the training partner of Daniel Cormier and claims that he made Cormier cry when they would train together. Not only did he say that, he said he broke him every time, and he said he would break him again next Saturday."
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Feb 13, 2014 at 5:34 PM ]
for all the firstrowsports'ers and vipbox'ers.......

UFC has successfully sued at least one person for watching streams

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/11/5402548/ufc-won-steaming-lawsuit-individual

the UFC lawyers appear to have decided to take a slightly different route, instead suing under Title 47 of the United States Code, §§ 553 and 605.

Section 553 prohibits persons from intercepting or receiving "any communications service offered over a cable system, unless specifically authorized to do so..." Section 605 proscribes the unauthorized interception and publication of any "radio communication."
What this essentially means is instead of suing for copyright infringement, they sued the streamer for intercepting or receiving their Pay-Per-View signal without having the authorization to do so.
He was ordered to pay $2,000 in statutory damages ($1,000 per event streamed, the minimum damages allowed by law), $4,000 in enhanced damages and $5,948.70 in attorney's fees and costs. All in all streaming two Pay-Per-View events cost him $11,948.70.

just say'n
This is what one commenter said:

The UFC "won" but it was a default judgment.The only reason they won is because the defendant failed to respond to the complaint. The UFC didnt win on the merits of its complaint.
It wouldve been much more difficult for the UFC to win if the guy just retained a lawyer and responded to the suit.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
"I heard about this kid Patrick Cummins before," UFC president Dana White told MMAFighting.com. "The thing that's interesting about this kid is that he was the training partner of Daniel Cormier and claims that he made Cormier cry when they would train together. Not only did he say that, he said he broke him every time, and he said he would break him again next Saturday."

Dana sure knows how to promote a fight

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
for all the firstrowsports'ers and vipbox'ers.......

UFC has successfully sued at least one person for watching streams

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/11/5402548/ufc-won-steaming-lawsuit-individual

the UFC lawyers appear to have decided to take a slightly different route, instead suing under Title 47 of the United States Code, §§ 553 and 605.

Section 553 prohibits persons from intercepting or receiving "any communications service offered over a cable system, unless specifically authorized to do so..." Section 605 proscribes the unauthorized interception and publication of any "radio communication."
What this essentially means is instead of suing for copyright infringement, they sued the streamer for intercepting or receiving their Pay-Per-View signal without having the authorization to do so.
He was ordered to pay $2,000 in statutory damages ($1,000 per event streamed, the minimum damages allowed by law), $4,000 in enhanced damages and $5,948.70 in attorney's fees and costs. All in all streaming two Pay-Per-View events cost him $11,948.70.

just say'n

saw that. i am now too nervous to watch on firstrow lol
Wanderlei vs. Chael has been moved a UFC Fight Night main event. so glad. didn't wanna have to pay for that.
Share 49ersWebzone