There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by crabman82:
potential snag in the aldo-pettis fight

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/5/5382826/jose-aldo-vs-anthony-pettis-fight-already-in-danger

not even worried. aldo's coach is being stupid. aldo has already said that he's ready to move up to 155 to fight for the title. dunno why his coach suddenly comes out wanting to keep the featherweight title. it's stupid, considering aldo has been having difficult times dropping down to 145.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/5/5382826/jose-aldo-vs-anthony-pettis-fight-already-in-danger

not even worried. aldo's coach is being stupid. aldo has already said that he's ready to move up to 155 to fight for the title. dunno why his coach suddenly comes out wanting to keep the featherweight title. it's stupid, considering aldo has been having difficult times dropping down to 145.

yeah i assume it still happens. just want to see pettis get healthy and defend the belt a few times. hes great but he seems to get hurt a lot and miss time and in the deepest division in the ufc, it just clogs things up.

yeah i assume it still happens. just want to see pettis get healthy and defend the belt a few times. hes great but he seems to get hurt a lot and miss time and in the deepest division in the ufc, it just clogs things up.

even though i feel like the fight will be official, for some reason i see Pettis getting ANOTHER injury

even though i feel like the fight will be official, for some reason i see Pettis getting ANOTHER injury

i could see a scenario where henderson and/or melendez continue to beat every contender while pettis fights once a year and has injury after injury. hes a great fighter who finishes fights but i dont know if him being the champ is the best for the division given his injury history.

i could see a scenario where henderson and/or melendez continue to beat every contender while pettis fights once a year and has injury after injury. hes a great fighter who finishes fights but i dont know if him being the champ is the best for the division given his injury history.

agreed. love watching Pettis fight, but he needs to stay healthy.

"We're interested in Anthony defending his belt against the top guys at 155," Roberts said. "If Aldo doesn't want to fight for the belt, we'll fight someone else."

Roberts, who also manages Chad Mendes, said if Aldo refuses to fight Pettis at lightweight, he hopes the UFC will book a rematch between Aldo and Mendes at featherweight.

hasn't alpha male run out of guys to throw at the Nova Uniao camp yet???

Aldo probably don't want to vacate the 145 title...................
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

"We're interested in Anthony defending his belt against the top guys at 155," Roberts said. "If Aldo doesn't want to fight for the belt, we'll fight someone else."

Roberts, who also manages Chad Mendes, said if Aldo refuses to fight Pettis at lightweight, he hopes the UFC will book a rematch between Aldo and Mendes at featherweight.

hasn't alpha male run out of guys to throw at the Nova Uniao camp yet???

still awaiting dillashaws destruction by barao
Next Fight Card - UFC Fight Night - Saturday, Feb 15, 2014 - Live Fox Sports 1 (non-ppv)

Lyoto Machida vs Gegard Mousasi
Ronaldo "Jacarae" Souza vs Francis Carmont
Erick Silva vs Takenori Sato
Viscardi Andrade vs Nicholas Musoke
Thiago Tavares vs Zubaira Tukhogov

two very important fights for a now wide open 185 division.

i'm assuming if souza and machida both win (likely), they fight each other in the early summer for the #1 contender. weidman vs vitor is on UFC 173 (May 24). weidman/Vitor vs Souza/Machida probably in the fall.

i like mousasi, but he's not fast enough to go against Machida.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Feb 5, 2014 at 5:41 PM ]
BTW... i case anyone hadn't seen this:

Jacarae vs Mousasi (Dream)
dos anjos and nurmagomedov set for ufc on fox 11 in orlando. thats the werdum-browne card which also has tate-carmouche
still awaiting dillashaws destruction by barao

true this.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
BTW... i case anyone hadn't seen this:

Jacarae vs Mousasi (Dream)

Jacare has improved his standup a lot since then, looked like he didn't want to stand with Mousasi. I didn't know they fought before, nice video
Next Fight Card - UFC Fight Night - Saturday, Feb 15, 2014 - Live Fox Sports 1 (non-ppv)

Lyoto Machida vs Gegard Mousasi
Ronaldo "Jacarae" Souza vs Francis Carmont
Erick Silva vs Takenori Sato
Viscardi Andrade vs Nicholas Musoke
Thiago Tavares vs Zubaira Tukhogov

two very important fights for a now wide open 185 division.

i'm assuming if souza and machida both win (likely), they fight each other in the early summer for the #1 contender. weidman vs vitor is on UFC 173 (May 24). weidman/Vitor vs Souza/Machida probably in the fall.

i like mousasi, but he's not fast enough to go against Machida.

can't wait for this card! big fan of Mousasi and Jacare. I think Mousasi wins by KO!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Kuperstein ‏@AdamNBC6

Police standoff in Ft. Lauderdale happening at a home owned by MMA fighter Thiago Silva.