There are 157 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Overeem outstruck Mir 139-5

It was a pretty sorry showing for Mir. I think he needs to hang them up because that was pathetic. It's not even as if Overeem fought some great fight.

Overeem played it safe and didn't even throw a kick. Then he called out Brock Lesnar why would you call out a fighter that you already dominated?
Donald Cerrone vs. Edson Barboza on UFC on Fox, 4/19

This could be a crazy kickboxing war, or Cerrone takes the fight to the ground.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
That frickin sucked!!!! That's all I gotta say, I'm out!!!

What happened? I missed the fights. I read that the Mir/Overeem fight was a bloody good mess.

it was 'aight.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Feb 3, 2014 at 5:35 PM ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Aldo is getting bored at 145.

that's the worst division in the UFC.

I think Flyweight is the worst due to it having zero depth. Bantam is below Featherweight for me because it is a 4 fighter division. Aldo and Barao both should move up (Aldo to 155, Renan to 145). Barao has fresh matchups with all the top FW's (Edgar, Swanson, Mendes, Poirier, Zombie, Lamas), and I'm all in on seeing Edgar vs Barao

i agree, but i give that division a pass since it's new. i guess we'll might have to wait for Barao/Faber 3 before he moves up................ i'm assuming there could be a part 3 upcoming because of the herb dean stoppage.

Edgar/Barao and Edgar/Mendez and Mendez/Barao are all great potential match-ups....... LOL @ mendez hyping up TJ Dillashaw to fight barao next (post fight show)
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Herb Dean asked Faber to do something when Barao was standing over him throwing hammer fist. Faber then gave Dean the thumbs up, then seconds later Dean stopped it. On top of all that, Faber was blocking Baraos hammer fist. They need give Herb Dean the boot from being a ref in any kind of sport, hes frickin horrible.
u think he saw his tiny ass thumb behind Barao's leg??? He should've screamed "I"M GOOD!!!"

I don't think it should've been stopped but rules are rules.

this. whether he saw it or not, Faber got dropped twice in the first and was well on his way to getting demolished.

i remember in the faber/aldo fight faber was face down covering his head with aldo mounted on his back dropping bombs and the ref let faber ride it out for the ENTIRE last minute of the fourth (?). i don't think herb was gonna have any of that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

I was just wondering when Barboza was gonna fight again. that dude is the next champ. book it.

I was just wondering when Barboza was gonna fight again. that dude is the next champ. book it.

Big fan of Barboza and Cerrone, but unless Barboza can keep the fight standing, I see Cerrone winning by submission

i was thinking maybe they'd do cerrone/hernderson 3. now with aldo getting that title shot i guess we're gonna see henderson/melendez 2 or henderson/nurmagomedov

lets see him beat a top 10 guy first. he had some momentum but jamie varner ended that hype train quickly. simply put he has talent but i dont see that signature win. beating terry etim doesnt cut it for me.
Originally posted by crabman82:

lets see him beat a top 10 guy first. he had some momentum but jamie varner ended that hype train quickly. simply put he has talent but i dont see that signature win. beating terry etim doesnt cut it for me.

its a great highlight. i understand ppl will see that and think theres your next champ. once you peel back the layers you see what varner did to him and realize he hasnt beaten anyone. cerrone will be by far the best guy he has fought.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Feb 4, 2014 at 8:35 AM ]
its a great highlight. i understand ppl will see that and think theres your next champ. once you peel back the layers you see what varner did to him and realize he hasnt beaten anyone. cerrone will be by far the best guy he has fought.

it's not just who he fought, but i think it's his elite standup and ability to defend the takedowns well. his muay thai is probably one of the best in the UFC. beating guys like Terry Etim (once pegged as one of the top prospects in MMA), Ross Pearson (who is no joke in the division, either), and a fight of the night against Danny Castillo aren't terrible for someone that's only 26. the loss vs. Varner, IMO, was a huge surprise, but that's what i love about MMA

it's not just who he fought, but i think it's his elite standup and ability to defend the takedowns well. his muay thai is probably one of the best in the UFC. beating guys like Terry Etim (once pegged as one of the top prospects in MMA), Ross Pearson (who is no joke in the division, either), and a fight of the night against Danny Castillo aren't terrible for someone that's only 26. the loss vs. Varner, IMO, was a huge surprise, but that's what i love about MMA

i dont think he sucks, nor do i the names you listed who he has beat. but when we're talking about being a champ, in a div with aldo, pettis, bendo, gil, nate, grant, thomson (if he hangs around). hes a middle of the pack guy, i rate dos anjos and khabib better than him. i dont even know if he'd get past jim miller or pat healy.

i dont think he sucks, nor do i the names you listed who he has beat. but when we're talking about being a champ, in a div with aldo, pettis, bendo, gil, nate, grant, thomson (if he hangs around). hes a middle of the pack guy, i rate dos anjos and khabib better than him. i dont even know if he'd get past jim miller or pat healy.

i see where you're coming from. it's a super deep division, but i see the progress he's making, especially with the ground game. Cerrone is going to be a tough matchup
Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is back with the UFC and will be slotted vs. Phil Davis at 205 at UFC 172.

Also, Shogun vs. Henderson 2 on 3/23, UFC Fight Night.

[ Edited by LaMichaelJeff on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone