There are 586 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

That cowboy hat makes for a pretty nice stepping stone, no?
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Wednesday, 1/15
UFC Fight Night
- Costa Phillippou vs. Luke Rockhold
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Brad Tavares
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton
- Derek Brunson vs. Yoel Romero
- Cole Miller vs. Sam Sicilia
- John Moraga vs. Dustin Ortiz

Don't forget to set your DVR's for tomorow!!!!
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Wednesday, 1/15
UFC Fight Night

pretty sure Mike Easton is gonna eat Dillashaw alive.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Wednesday, 1/15
UFC Fight Night

pretty sure Mike Easton is gonna eat Dillashaw alive.

Dillashaw is gonna get eaten alive huh??
Originally posted by jimrat:
Dillashaw is gonna get eaten alive huh??

that surprised me Dillashaw looked like he was in another league!

props to my boy Brad Tavares. and damn, Rockhold's liver kick was nasty!
808 fighters coming up strong in 2014.
"seattle's own ben henderson"

....let's go thompson.
posted this in the boxing thread, too, but Dana White and his TUF producer, Craig Piligian, are launching a boxing reality show, "The Fighter", premiers tonight on Discovery.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
posted this in the boxing thread, too, but Dana White and his TUF producer, Craig Piligian, are launching a boxing reality show, "The Fighter", premiers tonight on Discovery.

I didn't doubt Dana White to do something like that. After all Dana White was a Golden Glove Boxer, I think this was his way to pay his respects back to boxing after all the boxing vs. MMA drama.

Good luck to the show I hope its successful.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
"seattle's own ben henderson"

....let's go thompson.

No wonder I never liked that clown...........Go Thompson!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like Ben Henderson and all, but he did NOT win that fight. Thompson was robbed IMO, all I saw Thompson controlling fight with takedowns the whole time. I'd have to say Thompson 4-1 rounds.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I like Ben Henderson and all, but he did NOT win that fight. Thompson was robbed IMO, all I saw Thompson controlling fight with takedowns the whole time. I'd have to say Thompson 4-1 rounds.

i agree that Thomson got robbed. i gave it to him 3-2, but i can see how Henderson could have won it by being aggressive, and it didn't help that Thomson's striking had to be controlled due to his hand.

glad my dudes Cerrone and Cruickshank won!

i agree that Thomson got robbed. i gave it to him 3-2, but i can see how Henderson could have won it by being aggressive, and it didn't help that Thomson's striking had to be controlled due to his hand.

i had Hendeson winning just based on how MMA judges are. not saying i agree with the decision, you can pretty much steal fights nowdays by looking like you're winning....... (attacking without necessarily scoring, controling position)

i had Thompson winning 1 & 4, Henderson winning 2 & 3, 5 was the swing round

i had Hendeson winning just based on how MMA judges are. not saying i agree with the decision, you can pretty much steal fights nowdays by looking like you're winning....... (attacking without necessarily scoring, controling position)

it was close in my mind, henderson is my fav fighter so i am a bit biased, but i feel the decider was bendo controlling the octagon for the most part, he had josh close to or up against the cage a lot of the fight when it was standing. i went back and watched it for a 2nd time, if ppl think thomson won the fight i could see where people would think that. but he didnt get robbed. that term gets thrown around too much these days. gsp over hendricks was a robbery.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jan 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

it was close in my mind, henderson is my fav fighter so i am a bit biased, but i feel the decider was bendo controlling the octagon for the most part, he had josh close to or up against the cage a lot of the fight when it was standing. i went back and watched it for a 2nd time, if ppl think thomson won the fight i could see where people would think that. but he didnt get robbed. that term gets thrown around too much these days. gsp over hendricks was a robbery.

oh yeah for sure this one wasn't as bad as that fight. no where close.

the broken hand was unfortunate.