There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by jimrat:

Frank Mir vs Jon Jones

wtf is this legit?

just read that they were just messing around. that gif is sped up. in the video they are fighting with the speed of 2 old men

I think they are totally screwing around. Their friends are filming it and it looks like Jones is laughing
http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/georges-st-pierre-to-announce-future-at-friday-press-conference-in-montreal/

GSP is going to have an announcement regarding his future on Friday....................
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/georges-st-pierre-to-announce-future-at-friday-press-conference-in-montreal/

GSP is going to have an announcement regarding his future on Friday....................

Let me guess hes finally gonna fight for a title in another weight class......that's good news, Rhonda Rousey will finally get some real competition!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Let me guess hes finally gonna fight for a title in another weight class......that's good news, Rhonda Rousey will finally get some real competition!!!

Do you give Silva, or other fighters this much grief for not fighting for titles in other weight classes?. GSP has fought every and any major contender out there in his weight class and has cleaned house. Hard to get on the guy for not moving up a class. I don't see a lot of champs jumping up classes to fight for titles.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Do you give Silva, or other fighters this much grief for not fighting for titles in other weight classes?. GSP has fought every and any major contender out there in his weight class and has cleaned house. Hard to get on the guy for not moving up a class. I don't see a lot of champs jumping up classes to fight for titles.

Only thing, Anderson has jumped to another class and fought well there, Penn, Edgar have iether moved up or down in weight and even Bones Jones is willing to make the move to HW. With that said, I'm kidding about GSP, I respect him he really put it out there fighting Hendricks. Hard to hate GSP when that dude is so humble and would love to train with him.
although the presser for gsp announcement is in about an hour, the news is already breaking up here that hes walking away for a bit and giving up the belt. not an outright retirement though.
Originally posted by crabman82:
although the presser for gsp announcement is in about an hour, the news is already breaking up here that hes walking away for a bit and giving up the belt. not an outright retirement though.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

official, he just stepped down and vacated the belt.
official, he just stepped down and vacated the belt.

and when he decides to come back, he won't be as good as he was before and just blame it on how he left to take that break..
listened to a bit more of the conference and im starting to agree with where he's coming from. says that he's unbelievably stressed with everything he has to go through during the build up of a fight. all the meetings, interviews, traveling. not to mention all the training he has committed himself to.

lots of responsibilities as champ.
hendricks and lawler for vacant welterweight title dana just announced. i think he said cowboys stadium
hendricks and lawler for vacant welterweight title dana just announced. i think he said cowboys stadium

oh man...great fight and should be a brawl, but i thought Jones/Glover was set in Cowboy stadium.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
listened to a bit more of the conference and im starting to agree with where he's coming from. says that he's unbelievably stressed with everything he has to go through during the build up of a fight. all the meetings, interviews, traveling. not to mention all the training he has committed himself to.

lots of responsibilities as champ.

the guy has fought everyone in the division, only thing you can hang on him is not fighting silva. lots of hungry dogs coming after his title and he fended them off (except hendricks). i just imagine the mental toll is massive, like gsp refering to added wieght on his shoulders every fight.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

oh man...great fight and should be a brawl, but i thought Jones/Glover was set in Cowboy stadium.

i think i heard him say it, not 100% sure. we do have a card in 2 weeks with 2 title bouts on it. so it does happen.