There are 237 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
although the presser for gsp announcement is in about an hour, the news is already breaking up here that hes walking away for a bit and giving up the belt. not an outright retirement though.

official, he just stepped down and vacated the belt.
official, he just stepped down and vacated the belt.

and when he decides to come back, he won't be as good as he was before and just blame it on how he left to take that break..
listened to a bit more of the conference and im starting to agree with where he's coming from. says that he's unbelievably stressed with everything he has to go through during the build up of a fight. all the meetings, interviews, traveling. not to mention all the training he has committed himself to.

lots of responsibilities as champ.
hendricks and lawler for vacant welterweight title dana just announced. i think he said cowboys stadium
hendricks and lawler for vacant welterweight title dana just announced. i think he said cowboys stadium

oh man...great fight and should be a brawl, but i thought Jones/Glover was set in Cowboy stadium.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
listened to a bit more of the conference and im starting to agree with where he's coming from. says that he's unbelievably stressed with everything he has to go through during the build up of a fight. all the meetings, interviews, traveling. not to mention all the training he has committed himself to.

lots of responsibilities as champ.

the guy has fought everyone in the division, only thing you can hang on him is not fighting silva. lots of hungry dogs coming after his title and he fended them off (except hendricks). i just imagine the mental toll is massive, like gsp refering to added wieght on his shoulders every fight.

oh man...great fight and should be a brawl, but i thought Jones/Glover was set in Cowboy stadium.

i think i heard him say it, not 100% sure. we do have a card in 2 weeks with 2 title bouts on it. so it does happen.

am excite.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

am excite.

dana is also trying to get condit a fight on the same card. said he is looking in a different direction than waiting for matt brown to get healthy.

i think i heard him say it, not 100% sure. we do have a card in 2 weeks with 2 title bouts on it. so it does happen.

superbowl weekend card also has two belts on the line.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Dec 13, 2013 at 12:11 PM ]

am excite.

dana is also trying to get condit a fight on the same card. said he is looking in a different direction than waiting for matt brown to get healthy.

Condit vs. Woodley

make it happen.

am excite.

Condit vs. Woodley

make it happen.

might see this....
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani7m
Just got this text from Jake Ellenberger: "I want Ellenberger vs. Condit 2. The first fight was 13 days notice for me."

dana said he hopes to be able to announce it (condits next opponent) tomorrow or monday
Dana White ‏@danawhite1m
Sorry I misspoke on the conf call. Hendricks vs Lawler will be main event in Dallas and Jones vs Teixeira will headline UFC 172
Dana White ‏@danawhite1m
Sorry I misspoke on the conf call. Hendricks vs Lawler will be main event in Dallas and Jones vs Teixeira will headline UFC 172

BOO!

excited for the fight, but if you're gonna have an event in that arena, it has to be HUGE
Share 49ersWebzone