LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
If it really is memory loss, and I certainly hope not, then I would agree to retirement. GSP has accomplished a lot in the UFC and dominated the division. Unfortunately for him, the welterweight division is even MORE stacked now, with fighters that are stronger and more explosive than before. He's taken a beating in three straight fights. I hope his brain is ok.

No kidding.

UFC.com's current top 10 welterweights:

Champ: Georges St. Pierre
1. Johny Hendricks
(or however you wanna put those two)
2. Carlos Condit
3. Robbie Lawler (up 7 spots from 10th)
4. Rory McDonald
5. Jake Ellenberger
6. Demian Maia
7. Jake Shields
8. Matt Brown
9. Martin Kampman
10. Nick Diaz

not to mention Tyron Woodley's performance should get him in the discussion very soon.................. esp. if Diaz stays "retired"

and yeah..... before they finalize anything with that rematch, they need to seriously look into GSP's health first. for his sake, also or else the UFC will find themselves in the same position as the NFL.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by crabman82:
If gsp does retire, Lawler v hendricks would be an awesome fight to determine champion

i'd like a little 4 man tourney. matt brown and carlos condit are already fighting on the 14th.

I would like that idea also. A tourney could bring diaz out of retirement also...

Tournament is the right idea. Though Diaz is coming off a loss thus is not exactly deserving of being awarded a spot in a 4 man tourney.

I'd say Hendricks and Lawler have punched their tickets, and the winner of Condit/Brown would be deserving of the 3rd spot. As for the 4th...looking at the top fighters who have strung together at least 2 wins in a row I think it comes down to Saffiedine and DHK with Tarec slightly ahead IMO as he was the last Strikeforce WW champ. If he wins on January 4th I'd put him in.

Hendricks vs Saffiedine/DHK
Lawler vs Condit/Brown

IMHO it means the finals are Hendricks vs Condit/Lawler so either way a great scrap. Oh and can we get this done Pride tourney style with the 3 fights happening on the same night

how a hypothetical four man bracket lays out based on current UFC rankings:

1. Hendricks
4. McDonald

2. Condit
3. Lawler

8 man bracket:

1. Hendricks
8. Brown

3. Lawler
6. Maia

4. McDonald
5. Ellenberger

2. Condit
7. Shields
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Just saw this. To answer your #2 question, it is because the sport is rigged. Think about it. He lightly taps GSP and GSP lets go yet continues to fight. This was a "I am in a little pain here, let go so I don't tap out early" tap.

Clearly a rigged fight.

this is a potato post. look at GSP's face after the fight. that s**t ain't rigged.

Rigged doesn't mean that the participants don't get beat up.

But GSP could have ended it right there but for some reason just decided to get up off the guy.

Jeff is right...potato post.

He lets go of the choke before Johny's hand touched or tapped on him...he lets go as soon as he feels Johny's arm come under the leg, which JH does to put himself in a position to try and push GSP off and escape the choke. GSP senses this and lets go of the choke in hopes of maintaining top position, as opposed to holding onto that guillotine because his body was not positioned to obtain good leverage to effectively sink that choke in deep.

excellent explanation. with Hendricks in position to reverse GSP over into his guard, there is no point in GSP even holding on and wasting energy.

No kidding.

UFC.com's current top 10 welterweights:

Champ: Georges St. Pierre
1. Johny Hendricks
(or however you wanna put those two)
2. Carlos Condit
3. Robbie Lawler (up 7 spots from 10th)
4. Rory McDonald
5. Jake Ellenberger
6. Demian Maia
7. Jake Shields
8. Matt Brown
9. Martin Kampman
10. Nick Diaz

not to mention Tyron Woodley's performance should get him in the discussion very soon.................. esp. if Diaz stays "retired"

and yeah..... before they finalize anything with that rematch, they need to seriously look into GSP's health first. for his sake, also or else the UFC will find themselves in the same position as the NFL.

awesome. let's not forget the potential rise of Hector Lombard. Dong Hyun Kim, although not as exciting, is still a contender at 170, too.
who watched TUF last night? another f**ker didnt make weight and was kicked off, ironically it was the same dude who got a bye to the semi's because his opponent couldnt make weight. english dude got a bye through the semi's to the finale.
  • evil
  • Veteran
who watched TUF last night? another f**ker didnt make weight and was kicked off, ironically it was the same dude who got a bye to the semi's because his opponent couldnt make weight. english dude got a bye through the semi's to the finale.

All the way down

All the way down

yeah that was good too LOL
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/rashad-evans-eyes-daniel-cormier-next-ufc-fight-134018006--mma.html

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans told UFC Tonight Wednesday night that he has heard undefeated heavyweight and former two-time Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier could be his next opponent.

That Anthony cut his max but was eating Bbq and beer a day earlier.He was either scared or just a cocky jackdick.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Rousey is a fkn c**t. She comes off as a whiney, sore loser with some major anger issues that probably stem from her hiding her love for p***y all these years. I know it won't happen since Rousey will just go to her armbar, but I hope tate beats her ass in their fight.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
That Anthony cut his max but was eating Bbq and beer a day earlier.He was either scared or just a cocky jackdick.

I'm glad he didn't make weight. Fkn idiot would go around all day talking about how he can eat whatever he wants and still make weight.
Btw Sybers lady Julienne Pena looks like Asap Rocky.

But then again Asap looks like a girl.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Rousey is a fkn c**t. She comes off as a whiney, sore loser with some major anger issues that probably stem from her hiding her love for p***y all these years. I know it won't happen since Rousey will just go to her armbar, but I hope tate beats her ass in their fight.

1st off you're right, shes a total sore loser, but its all about the lens you view it through. for example our football coach is kinda like that is revered around here for it.

1st off you're right, shes a total sore loser, but its all about the lens you view it through. for example our football coach is kinda like that is revered around here for it.

there's a certain kinda crazy you need to be to want to be a fighter for a living. that applies to the rousey, tate, and the rest of the women also.

Tate is lucky to be on the show..... lost to Cat Zingano..... most likely will lose to rousey again.

there's a certain kinda crazy you need to be to want to be a fighter for a living. that applies to the rousey, tate, and the rest of the women also.

Tate is lucky to be on the show..... lost to Cat Zingano..... most likely will lose to rousey again.

yeah i dont see tate winning the fight, i was kinda disappointed when zingano went down. i get the ronda rivalry with tate but i dont think a fighter coming off of a loss should get a title shot.
Share 49ersWebzone