There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
I wanna see Woodley fight Lombard. Both guys are heavy handed, and Woodley has great wrestling vs Lombard's high level bjj/judo.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Nov 18, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
TMZ reporting that GSP looking for time off due to father not being in good health and may be dying. Also, apparently GSP got a chick preggo and he doesn't want her to have the baby, but she wants to have it (to get the $$$).

I still say tri stars plan was for gsp to step aside for rory........ So much for that.

Hopefully it isnt his dad though
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Nov 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Seen this on mma junkie...........Did Hendricks tap?
[ Edited by jimrat on Nov 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM ]
Originally posted by jimrat:

Saw this too.... Imo:

1. Gsp is in jh's half guard where you don't normally finish guillotine chokes
2. If gsp felt a tap (i know a lot of guys are saying he let go because of the "tap")why did both keep fighting?
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Nov 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:
I wanna see Woodley fight Lombard. Both guys are heavy handed, and Woodley has great wrestling vs Lombard's high level bjj/judo.

woodley and lombard train together along with robbie lawler, they'd probably fight if forced to but i'd imagine would rather fight other dudes
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by jimrat:

Saw this too.... Imo:

1. Gsp is in jh's half guard where you don't normally finish guillotine chokes
2. If gsp felt a tap (i know a lot of guys are saying he let go because of the "tap")why did both keep fighting?

Just saw this. To answer your #2 question, it is because the sport is rigged. Think about it. He lightly taps GSP and GSP lets go yet continues to fight. This was a "I am in a little pain here, let go so I don't tap out early" tap.

Clearly a rigged fight.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
TMZ reporting that GSP looking for time off due to father not being in good health and may be dying. Also, apparently GSP got a chick preggo and he doesn't want her to have the baby, but she wants to have it (to get the $$$).

Well then I can understand now why GSP would wanna take time off like that. As for that chick, I don't blame her hahaha!!!!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Chael tapped out lol.

only time that dude was good was when he was on the juice. GTFO of the UFC.

I have a lot of respect for him as a coach, but dude should not be fighting anymore. Too old, wayyyyy too many fights, and simply outmatched by most anyone right now.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
I didn't give him a pass for the Ellenberger fight. He could have done more to win that fight instead of fighting not to lose it. He did lay a little too much on Robbie, but Rogan called that right...he was waiting for him to try and explode and get up though he waited too much and could have done more damage. He ended the fight on a high note but it was too little too late.

That was not a worse decision ever that honor goes to Machida vs Shogun. And I don't think it was 100% clear Johny won that fight. Hendricks took 2 & 4 while GSP took 3 & 5, no debating that...it comes down to round 1 and how one scored it. The stats were almost identical for both and the round was close, which can often favor the champ. No denying Hendricks had a helluva performance, and has a strong case for winning the fight but it isn't BS given the rules in place for scoring the fight.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Well apparently damage doesn't guarantee a win.

Nor should it because visible damage is not an accurate way to determine a winner. Some people bruise and cut easier than others. Also damage is not part of the judging criteria under the unified rules of MMA, though those rules need to be modified.

thats my problem, he is saving it until the end. why not try to rain down elbows with that typoe of force when you were on top of him in rounds 1 and 2? its a way too conservative style for my liking.

The one thing i will say is he should not have let GSP off the mat. Had he kept him there that entire round its likely he finishes GSP. He was f**king him up, then decided to let him up. That was his biggest, and probably only mistake of the fight.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Chael tapped out lol.

only time that dude was good was when he was on the juice. GTFO of the UFC.

I have a lot of respect for him as a coach, but dude should not be fighting anymore. Too old, wayyyyy too many fights, and simply outmatched by most anyone right now.

besides losing to Rashad, Bones, and Anderson Silva, he's beaten Shogun, Bisping, Stann, Marquardt and Okami. like i said, he's a different animal at 185.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Well then I can understand now why GSP would wanna take time off like that. As for that chick, I don't blame her hahaha!!!!

looks like the whole "ill dad" story isn't true. probably the chick one, then.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Just saw this. To answer your #2 question, it is because the sport is rigged. Think about it. He lightly taps GSP and GSP lets go yet continues to fight. This was a "I am in a little pain here, let go so I don't tap out early" tap.

Clearly a rigged fight.

this is a potato post. look at GSP's face after the fight. that s**t ain't rigged.
as much hate as Chael gets, he's a better 185er than he is at 205.

True. Would love to see him fight Wandy though.

they WILL be fighting!! both are gonna be coaches on the next season of TUF Brazil. gonna be crazy