There are 258 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

You guys ready for tomorrow? UFC 166! The Heavyweight championship rubber match! JDS had an effin cut above the eye about a month ago -- stitches were just removed.

JDS will need to get his hands going early to have any chance -- and I really don't know if he can do so. Cain is just so much more consistent. Although I want JDS to win I gotta go with the Mexican American by TKO in the 3rd.

Cormier vs. Nelson? This only goes to the ground if Nelson can somehow rock Cormier on his feet. But for the first time in ages, maybe even ever, Nelson will be fighting someone shorter than his 6ft frame so I think he misses badly with his overhand rights. I think Cormier wins by KO mainly due to the fact that all those punches Nelson has absorbed over the years will finally catch up to him.

Melendez vs. Sanchez @ 155: Melendez by unanimous decision

Jordan vs. Gonzaga: flip a coin? Someone by KO though.

Dodson vs. Montague: No idea who Montague is and this will be his UFC debut. Gotta go with Dodson giving him a rude welcome.

Boetsch vs. Dolloway: Boetsch has lost two in a row while I haven't seen Dolloway fight in ages. No idea.

Marquadt vs. Lombard: Intriguing matchup. This one stays on the feet. I think Lombard tags Marquadt in the 3rd and puts him down.

And:

vs

Sarah Kauffmann
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
You guys ready for tomorrow? UFC 166! The Heavyweight championship rubber match! JDS had an effin cut above the eye about a month ago -- stitches were just removed.

JDS will need to get his hands going early to have any chance -- and I really don't know if he can do so. Cain is just so much more consistent. Although I want JDS to win I gotta go with the Mexican American by TKO in the 3rd.

Cormier vs. Nelson? This only goes to the ground if Nelson can somehow rock Cormier on his feet. But for the first time in ages, maybe even ever, Nelson will be fighting someone shorter than his 6ft frame so I think he misses badly with his overhand rights. I think Cormier wins by KO mainly due to the fact that all those punches Nelson has absorbed over the years will finally catch up to him.

Melendez vs. Sanchez @ 155: Melendez by unanimous decision

Jordan vs. Gonzaga: flip a coin? Someone by KO though.

Dodson vs. Montague: No idea who Montague is and this will be his UFC debut. Gotta go with Dodson giving him a rude welcome.

Boetsch vs. Dolloway: Boetsch has lost two in a row while I haven't seen Dolloway fight in ages. No idea.

Marquadt vs. Lombard: Intriguing matchup. This one stays on the feet. I think Lombard tags Marquadt in the 3rd and puts him down.

And:

vs

Sarah Kauffmann

I think Cormier vs Nelson is going to the ground. DC won't take the risk & stand and trade for long with Roy IMO...he'll take him down and try to control and G'N'P him out.

I think Gonzaga is also going to look to take Jordan down and sub him with his far superior grappling, though Jordan can knock him out.

And I really REALLY hope the old Diego shows up, if he does we'll get a great scrap.
anyone catch Glory 11 on Spike last Saturday? Pretty good event and I'm glad Spike was able to make a deal with them and start televising their fights. Tyrone Spong avenges his loss against Corbett:

Originally posted by KRS-1:
I think Cormier vs Nelson is going to the ground. DC won't take the risk & stand and trade for long with Roy IMO...he'll take him down and try to control and G'N'P him out.

I think Gonzaga is also going to look to take Jordan down and sub him with his far superior grappling, though Jordan can knock him out.

And I really REALLY hope the old Diego shows up, if he does we'll get a great scrap.

dude used to be one of my favotie fighters to watch. but at least Diego always has some kind of entertainment value.

sometimes good....

sometimes........

Any video of cains tko victory over dos santos
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
That Melendez vs Sanchez fight was insane!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Any video of cains tko victory over dos santos

And here is the highlights to the FOTN and possibly FOTY between Sanchez and Melendez :

Originally posted by jimrat:

Crazy ass Mexican American fight. The look on Melendez's face when Diego tagged him with that uppercut, even though, it was out of his control, was priceless :)

I don't know why Rogan was so excited, after the fact, about Cain vs. JDS. That was as one-sided as it gets. Another 5 rounds of hell for JDS, 10 in a row now, and he wants to come back for more? Who the heck is going to challenge Cain now? White said Werdum? I guess he might be able to make Cain think twice about smothering him with a clinch.

Did you guys see that Dodson KO? Talk about a delayed reaction with the KO of the night.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by jimrat:

Crazy ass Mexican American fight. The look on Melendez's face when Diego tagged him with that uppercut, even though, it was out of his control, was priceless :)

I don't know why Rogan was so excited, after the fact, about Cain vs. JDS. That was as one-sided as it gets. Another 5 rounds of hell for JDS, 10 in a row now, and he wants to come back for more? Who the heck is going to challenge Cain now? White said Werdum? I guess he might be able to make Cain think twice about smothering him with a clinch.

Did you guys see that Dodson KO? Talk about a delayed reaction with the KO of the night.

I don't know if JDS can or would but I would love to see him move to LHW and challenge Bones Jones.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Diego Sanchez vs Gilbert Melendez = Fight of the night!!!

Those two were frickin warriors.

But after Deigo drops Gilbert with an upper cut he immediately tries to get his back.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Sanchez vs Melendez fight video
http://tapnapsnap.com/video-ufc-166-gilbert-melendez-vs-diego-sanchez-fight-millennium/
UFC delivered with great fights.

Cain once again dominated JDS. But I guess will never see Cain vs Cormier fight. Cormier planning to drop @ 205 (he wants bones).
YES! YES! YES! hands down Fight of the Year!!! Melendez vs Diego....maybe 1 more fight for Melendez (maybe TJ Grant) for #1 title shot???
What about Hector Lombard @ 170lbs, that dude looks scary in the WW division. 1st rd TKO on Nate Not So Great Marquat......
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Diego Sanchez vs Gilbert Melendez = Fight of the night!!!

Those two were frickin warriors.

But after Deigo drops Gilbert with an upper cut he immediately tries to get his back.

I agree, Diego would've had a way better chance of winning had he went for a tko instead of a submission. I think they should have a rematch but have it 5 rounds.
I wonna see Jones vs Cain.

Hopefully Cain doesn't Roberto Duran it and get fat and party being alone at the top. I doubt it doe.

SAN JOSE IN DA HAAAAUS
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I wonna see Jones vs Cain.

Hopefully Cain doesn't Roberto Duran it and get fat and party being alone at the top. I doubt it doe.

SAN JOSE IN DA HAAAAUS

Cain would maul Jones like any other of his foos. Jones is not big or strong enough to hang with the champ even if he moved up to HW.
Share 49ersWebzone