LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by NickV:
Anyone gonna watch the Mma world series tonight? It's on the nbc sports network. I know Mike Kyle personally. Kinda weird seeing him on tv.

Watching it right now, some guy just got disqualified backstage because some lady official witnessed him taking medication with 5 different pills in the bottle lol

Just saw that also "maybe she should pay attention better and check her own medication" lol

LOL
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Ah b******t. Mike was better.
FIGHT WEEK!

Originally posted by KRS-1:
1- Tell me how is BJ going to make 145 ?

2- The original plan was Edgar vs Faber but neither guy wanted to move to the other's weight class. Why wouldn't they just fight at a catch weight of 140 then ?

3- Faber vs MacDonald is the co main event for the FOX show in Sacramento. They are hoping that Pettis vs TJ Grant is the main event.

Kolohe : http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/the_ultimate_fighter/season_18.html

isn't Faber naturally 145? or is trying to avoid fighting his teammate? (Mendez)
looks like the Penn/Edgar rematch will be at lightweight via an interview from Edgar. I hope not...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
looks like the Penn/Edgar rematch will be at lightweight via an interview from Edgar. I hope not...

Light Weight WTF??
Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne announced.
Nate Diaz vs. Grey Maynard announced.
Anthony Pettis vs. Josh "Punk" Thompson announced (since TJ Grant is still recovering from surgery.)
Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne announced.
Nate Diaz vs. Grey Maynard announced.
Anthony Pettis vs. Josh "Punk" Thompson announced (since TJ Grant is still recovering from surgery.)

thought he had a concussion?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
isn't Faber naturally 145? or is trying to avoid fighting his teammate? (Mendez)

He has fought at both 135 and 145. Edgar said in an interview he didn't want to go to 135, he wanted it at 145 but was possibly open to a catch weight (140?). Faber should have just went up to 145, it's less of a weight cut and a win over Frankie puts him in a good spot for a title shot at 135 even if he win came in a higher weight class. A loss to Frankie doesn't hurt Uriah that much IMO.

Sounds like 145 to me, perhaps you misunderstood ?

"I was willing to do it against Urijah [Faber], it would have been a good show, I just didn't want to go all the way down to 135. I thought maybe possibly get it at a catchweight or at 145," Edgar said in an interview with BleacherReport.com. "I guess Dana was milling that around, and somehow or another B.J. called him and said he wanted to fight [Benson] Henderson because he eventually wants to get to me, so Dana saw the opportunity to make it bigger with both coaches at 145 and it kind of works out that way."

From this source
  • evil
  • Veteran
Wow FOX 9 in Sacramento is shaping up nicely.

Anthony Pettis vs Josh Thompson
Urijah Faber vs Micheal Macdonald
Carlos Condit vs Matt Brown

yup, check out the other fights, too

Nik Lentz vs. Chad Mendes
Mac Danzig vs. Joe Lauzon
Scott Jorgensen vs. Ian McCall
Alexandra Albu, from Russia, brings her 5-0 record to the UFC

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Alexandra Albu, from Russia, brings her 5-0 record to the UFC

Any Youtube clips?

yup, check out the other fights, too

Nik Lentz vs. Chad Mendes
Mac Danzig vs. Joe Lauzon
Scott Jorgensen vs. Ian McCall

all of the final three listed can be called "the best fight no one will talk about"
I know this nicca wasn't sparring with Miesha Tate to help him in his standup.

Share 49ersWebzone