LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Chip Kelly

So now that he has a 5 year 23 million dollar deal with UCLA, do we save on any of the money we still owe him over the next 2 years?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/160205-jed-york-thread/
no one curr
i wonder if this gives an incentive for Rosen to stay at UCLA. i know Chip's college QBs have been pretty mobile and Rosen is a statue but Chip Kelly did favor non-mobile QBs in the NFL. Rosen's accuracy and timing could be deadly in Chip's system
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
So now that he has a 5 year 23 million dollar deal with UCLA, do we save on any of the money we still owe him over the next 2 years?

I don't think so, but I could be mistaken on that. It was my understanding that as the NFL and the NCAA are two different entities Kelly can double dip if an NFL owner was dumb enough to give him a four year contract and fire him after one season. That being said I wish Kelly all the best at UCLA. He is right back where he should be. We have our long term answer at HC in Shanahan.
Good for him. It's weird he's replacing Jim Mora Jr.
"The 49ers currently owe Kelly approximately $15 million, sources told ESPN's Darren Rovell. What Kelly makes at UCLA will offset that and reduce what the 49ers owe him."
So basically we owe Tomsula for 1 more year, and then chump change to Chip over the next 2 years. Not like it changes anything, but it keeps a little extra coin in the owners pocket.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
He should be happy, just being able to live in LA is worth it.
the Yorks are happier about Chip getting this job than anyone else, they just saved themselves millions.

Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
So basically we owe Tomsula for 1 more year, and then chump change to Chip over the next 2 years. Not like it changes anything, but it keeps a little extra coin in the owners pocket.

thank god. we don't want poor Jed to lose any money. he's been such a great owner.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Go Bruins
Go Stanford
Chip was thrown under the bus in SF and had no chance to succeed thanks to Baalke and the Yorks. He'll revive the Bruins program and have them on the National radar in short order.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by reno9er:
Go Stanford

What a weird thing to say in a Chip Kelly thread.
Share 49ersWebzone