LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

US Men's Soccer fails to Qualify for 2018 World Cup

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
f**k Arenas and his b******t rosters. Sitting our best players to teach them a lesson and look where it got us. They fire arenas because he sucks and then hire klinnsman, he sucks. So they go right back to arenas. Wtf did you think was gonna happen?

klinnsman had us relevant last world cup. he goes on a small losing streak and he's fired just like that? why?

I think he lost his way. He was doing stupid s**t with the roster and the team was playing like s**t. These guys get in the hot seat and instead playing your best guys in the important stuff and giving the younger guys a shot in the friendlies, they trot out all these guys that aren't ready for prime time and then this happens.
f**k Arenas and his b******t rosters. Sitting our best players to teach them a lesson and look where it got us. They fire arenas because he sucks and then hire klinnsman, he sucks. So they go right back to arenas. Wtf did you think was gonna happen?

klinnsman had us relevant last world cup. he goes on a small losing streak and he's fired just like that? why?

I think he lost his way. He was doing stupid s**t with the roster and the team was playing like s**t. These guys get in the hot seat and instead playing your best guys in the important stuff and giving the younger guys a shot in the friendlies, they trot out all these guys that aren't ready for prime time and then this happens.

ya really s**tty that this happened. i don't follow soccer a lot, but i do follow USMNT and do get into those games. rehiring Arenas was just plain stupid.

but from what I understand and have been hearing about, we lack good coaches in this country. i guess it costs a lot of money to get licensed as a coach and that is one of the big issues.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Oct 12, 2017 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

ya really s**tty that this happened. i don't follow soccer a lot, but i do follow USMNT and do get into those games. rehiring Arenas was just plain stupid.

but from what I understand and have been hearing about, we lack good coaches in this country. i guess it costs a lot of money to get licensed as a coach and that is one of the big issues.

MLS owners have alot to do with it. They're primary goal is to make money, so they push to keep the best US players in the MLS rather than competing against better talent in Europe. They dont invest in developing youth programs, instead they spend it on flashy signings of big name European players on their retirement tour.

Klinsmann had a very short leash because he openly criticized the MLS system, and pushed for players to join European clubs. Instead they replaced him with a moron like Arena who said stupid things like only American born players should be allowed to play on the national team. The US/MLS got exactly as it deserved, an embarrassment. Hopefully it leads to some changes in the system, but with idiots like
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We own track and field.

nope da Jamaicans do
Originally posted by dmax:
We own track and field.

nope da Jamaicans do

No, they own the sprints. Track and field is way more than just sprints.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by dmax:
We own track and field.

nope da Jamaicans do

No, they own the sprints. Track and field is way more than just sprints.

dat bobsled team doe
Originally posted by Arminini:

MLS owners have alot to do with it. They're primary goal is to make money, so they push to keep the best US players in the MLS rather than competing against better talent in Europe. They dont invest in developing youth programs, instead they spend it on flashy signings of big name European players on their retirement tour.

Klinsmann had a very short leash because he openly criticized the MLS system, and pushed for players to join European clubs. Instead they replaced him with a moron like Arena who said stupid things like only American born players should be allowed to play on the national team. The US/MLS got exactly as it deserved, an embarrassment. Hopefully it leads to some changes in the system, but with idiots like

Arena's comment post loss that they shouldn't change anything is so bad.
wait wtf bruce arians also moonlights as the US soccer head coach?

that's why klinnsman had us playing well in the last WC. European coach

I dont feel as bad after reading this. f**king karma

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Arena's comment post loss that they shouldn't change anything is so bad.

mother f**ker resigned

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2017/10/13/bruce-arena-resigns-head-coach-u-s-mens-national-soccer-team/761251001/
So who are considered to be top candidates to take the job now?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So who are considered to be top candidates to take the job now?

lets hire away Pep Guardiola from Man City. Tiki Taka in America

Doooo ittttt
Cost too much for kids to join youth soccer is what I heard. Only the non poor kids can play. That cuts out so many good players/athletes, aka mostly minorities like Latinos and blacks. Need to open it up to all kids that can play not just the ones that can afford it.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It won't matter who coaches or what scheme they run. If there are zero of our top 100 athletes on the USMNT roster we will continue to be a middling soccer nation.

The US would be a soccer superpower if they could simply convert its most elite athletes into soccer careers at an early age. Change needs to start at the bottom, at a grassroots level. Coaches and scheme can literally change within a week. Talent takes decades.
Share 49ersWebzone