LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

2017-18 season Los Angeles Lakers thread (and now offseason)

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by 4ML:
I mean...I know that wasn't the only incident, but come on. You can say a lot of negative things about Kob, and you'd be right. Making him out to be a drama queen, thats a tough one even for thaaa haters. Agree to disagree !

The point is - if you're under a microscope as best players are - you'll be scrutinized- especially in this era.

Lebron's worst mistake is Decision. He also subtweets every once in a while and media goes into frenzy. P

So you prefer lebrons way of totally jumping ship and picking out the best opportunity possible where he almost guarantees a championship....to Kobe's way of staying loyal to one team and fanbase and making threats and doing anything possible (calling out FO and getting s**t coaches fired) to get back to championship level after a 3 peat? Good to know.

Lol staying loyal? You seem to have very selective memory. None of these guys are saints. They make decisions what they believe to be best for them.

Kobe forced his way to the Lakers in the draft (best NBA franchise of all time = best opportunity) and asked to be traded in multiple interviews because his team wasn't good enough. Plenty of coaches were fired in LA during Kobe's tenure and GM was criticized.

I'm gonna say - Kobe did what he believed was his best opportunity to win titles and make most money and I've 0 problem with that. That's what he should do. Kobe did his way and Lebron is doing it his way. Nothing wrong with either way. Btw...Jordan also demanded trade and berated the FO.

They all did what was best for themselves and imo will be f**king dumb to not do that. If Kobe was drafted by Grizzlies instead of Lakers (yes I know he was "drafted" by Hornets) - he'd be out of there and to the Lakers as soon as he could have left.

I don't know why ppl have a problem with these players doing what is best for them. Teams do it all the time but when players do it - it's criticized. Makes no sense to me.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 16, 2018 at 1:28 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Anyway - hope Lakers land two stars this summer. A good Lakers team is better for the league. I'm glad Magic is making decisions not fans. That's all.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 16, 2018 at 2:51 PM ]
Lol staying loyal? You seem to have very selective memory. None of these guys are saints. They make decisions what they believe to be best for them.

Kobe forced his way to the Lakers in the draft (best NBA franchise of all time = best opportunity) and asked to be traded in multiple interviews because his team wasn't good enough. Plenty of coaches were fired in LA during Kobe's tenure and GM was criticized.

I'm gonna say - Kobe did what he believed was his best opportunity to win titles and make most money and I've 0 problem with that. That's what he should do. Kobe did his way and Lebron is doing it his way. Nothing wrong with either way. Btw...Jordan also demanded trade and berated the FO.

They all did what was best for themselves and imo will be f**king dumb to not do that. If Kobe was drafted by Grizzlies instead of Lakers (yes I know he was "drafted" by Hornets) - he'd be out of there and to the Lakers as soon as he could have left.

I don't know why ppl have a problem with these players doing what is best for them. Teams do it all the time but when players do it - it's criticized. Makes no sense to me.

Not sure how you flipped this convo so quickly. I was making an argument Kobe is not a drama queen....Anyone can do what's best for them sure, but they can still be drama queens about it. Lebron loves the drama and everyone wondering where he is going to go.
Anyway - hope Lakers land two stars this summer. A good Lakers team is better for the league. I'm glad Magic is making decisions not fans. That's all.

If PG13 and LBJ wanted to sign here, you would be stupid to say no. But I understand what Chile is saying, but for different reasons. It's much better to grow your team like GS did, or the 76ers are doing now. I rather keep our young core and let them grow, but add a superstar that's still young and can be part of the future. As a fan, I rather watch 10 years of a competitive Lakers team, than a 2-3 year competitive stint where we might win a chip.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

If PG13 and LBJ wanted to sign here, you would be stupid to say no. But I understand what Chile is saying, but for different reasons. It's much better to grow your team like GS did, or the 76ers are doing now. I rather keep our young core and let them grow, but add a superstar that's still young and can be part of the future. As a fan, I rather watch 10 years of a competitive Lakers team, than a 2-3 year competitive stint where we might win a chip.

That's completely understandable and organic growth is more satisfying. I get that. That's a perfectly good reason and I respect that.

But, the way salary cap is structured - you're pretty much have to go after max FAs while your young guy are on their rookie scale contracts.

Sixers will try to do this this offseason. Warriors already did it. Celtics did this. If you don't do it while rookies are on their first contract - you just lose that cap place when you've to extend them.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 17, 2018 at 7:22 PM ]

That's completely understandable and organic growth is more satisfying. I get that. That's a perfectly good reason and I respect that.

But, the way salary cap is structured - you're pretty much have to go after max FAs while your young guy are on their rookie scale contracts.

Sixers will try to do this this offseason. Warriors already did it. Celtics did this. If you don't do it while rookies are on their first contract - you just lose that cap place when you've to extend them.

Agree with all of this. I just think that Randle for 12 years is better than lebron or PG for 3 or 5. Guy has games where he is dominant already, and he's only 23. He isn't athletic, he is only going to get better as his body fills in. By the time he is 26-30 years old sky is the limit. I do not want to lose him

Agree with all of this. I just think that Randle for 12 years is better than lebron or PG for 3 or 5. Guy has games where he is dominant already, and he's only 23. He isn't athletic, he is only going to get better as his body fills in. By the time he is 26-30 years old sky is the limit. I do not want to lose him

I agree. Randle, Ingram, Lonzo, and Kuzma will be a force in a few years. Keep that core intact and add a few star free agents and that's a much better plan than move all this young talent for a win now plan with max deal free agents.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I agree. Randle, Ingram, Lonzo, and Kuzma will be a force in a few years. Keep that core intact and add a few star free agents and that's a much better plan than move all this young talent for a win now plan with max deal free agents.

Hell yeah. Let nature take its course i say. I love me some Josh Hart too..(Hope they dont Trade him) Reminds me of a D.Fish kinda player
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

Hell yeah. Let nature take its course i say. I love me some Josh Hart too..(Hope they dont Trade him) Reminds me of a D.Fish kinda player

Have you heard Magic talk about Josh Hart? He might as well join Ingram under the 'untouchable' category lol
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Apr 19, 2018 at 5:42 AM ]

As OKC is about to get beat in round 1.....

As OKC is about to get beat in round 1.....

And so is perhaps Cleveland?
Does Metu from USC seem like a Clint Capela type player? I haven't seen much of Metu just reading scouting reports..

Also - shake milton SMU intriguing guy we brought in. Can really shoot
Does Metu from USC seem like a Clint Capela type player? I haven't seen much of Metu just reading scouting reports..

i hope we give T. Bryant some playing time this year. he reminds me a lot of Capela as well, athletic, can run, defend, and he can even hit the 3, and he's pretty thick. i bet he surprises a lot of people this year.
Rumors heating up on Paul George signing with us and signing quick.

i hope we give T. Bryant some playing time this year. he reminds me a lot of Capela as well, athletic, can run, defend, and he can even hit the 3, and he's pretty thick. i bet he surprises a lot of people this year.

Cant be worse than Zubac. Guy hasn't made a stride since I first saw his jump hook.
Share 49ersWebzone