There are 203 users in the forums

2017-18 season Los Angeles Lakers thread (and now offseason)

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I really have to question how much of him you have seen.

He likes to shoot from long distance, and he is good at it. He is an excellent finisher at the rim with either hand. He has elite handles. He also has very good vision and is a great passer.

And he is 16 years old. You seem to be forgetting that. Because compared to his peers, there are very few better than him.

I was going to ask you the same thing to be honest. I somehow doubt you have seen him play a lot unless you live in So Cal and went to his games. I havent seen him play in person but have watched a couple of games he has played on TV. Yes, a limited sample but I wasnt impressed at all. I didnt see anythying elite about him.

I have seen one full game from him, and highlights. I think the kid could be good, but he is getting bad coaching from his pops. He's undisciplined and this will hurt him. If he received real coaching, and was held accountable, his trajectory could be different.

SteveWallace, have you seen full games or just highlights?
Hey guys - love the enthusiasm for 2 guys not currently in the United States, the NBA or any of the leagues affiliated with them,. and I am happy for Lavar that his plan of talking about 2 completely irrelevant bball players has worked on yall especially.

Neither Melo or Angelo are associated with the Lakers, or the NBA. So please, move all discussion to a big baller brand thread, or whatever you deem to be the right name.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Feb 14, 2018 at 11:21 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Hey guys - love the enthusiasm for 2 guys not currently in the United States, the NBA or any of the leagues affiliated with them,. and I am happy for Lavar that his plan of talking about 2 completely irrelevant bball players has worked on yall especially.

Neither Melo or Angelo are associated with the Lakers, or the NBA. So please, move all discussion to a big baller brand thread, or whatever you deem to be the right name.

LMAO!!!
defense? wtf happened to it.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Originally posted by Jiks:

it's easy to blame IT, but team gave up 40+ points in the 1st QT before IT even stepped foot on the floor.
Originally posted by Jiks:

Lol.

Although he aint going to help, these past couple games haven't necessarily been on IT (he got ejected in the first 5 mins he was plying last night).

Nance was a huge part of what we did on defense, specifically the 2nd unit. Gaping hole there, and after watching channing frye for the first time in 5 years (didn't know he was in the NBA still), he is atrocious. Brook is soft, at best on D, leaving really only Randle as the only presence at 5'9. If Randle isn't 100% locked in, our interior D is pathetic.

Also - Josh Hart has been brutal on D for some reason. Which Luke and co did not expect. He was a big reason they thought clarkson expendable, and he has been a total let down since being thrown in to a larger role.
Nance leaving has had a big affect on the D. He was the rim protector out there. Not just in what he did, but the influence he had when he wasn't making the play. Now the opposition just walks in the lane with smiles and confidence.
Man f**k IT, taking minutes away from Kuzma down the stretch. I don't care if Kyle was having a bad shooting night, Thomas was having a worse one. I can't stand this little f**ker and now he's getting in the way of our best shooter.
Just drop IT. Just cut the dude. He is garbage.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We are the new sacramento kings
25-34

Looking at the schedule, 23 games left. Could very easily go 11-12 in that stretch to get us to 36 wins. Winnable games looking like: Hawks, Heat (twice), Magic, Memphis, New Orleans, Dallas, Sac, Utah (twice), Clips.

A 36 win season honestly would be a solid success all things considered. That plus we've set ourselves up for great flexibility this offseason. If we can grab just Paul George and keep our core (including Randle), this could be a 45 win bottom of the playoff fodder team presuming continued growth and development of our young guys and that Randle didn't just get hyped because it was a contract year and keeps up his play. Then throw in more prayers for potentially Kawhi or someone in 2019, and hey! We might be contenders just in time for the Warriors to age and it'll be us and the Celtics all over again.
man IT has clearly lost a step. his explosiveness and speed isn't where it used to be at all. he can still shoot well, and is still crafty in the paint and can pass, but he's not gonna average 29 ppg anymore.
man IT has clearly lost a step. his explosiveness and speed isn't where it used to be at all. he can still shoot well, and is still crafty in the paint and can pass, but he's not gonna average 29 ppg anymore.

no. But his opposing PG might.
Thomas is a FA After this season. Lakers not gona bring him back. I just hope Rob and Magic dont go with all this dumb Trade Rumors!!Give up BI,Kuzma,Randle,
Share 49ersWebzone