There are 212 users in the forums

2017-18 season Los Angeles Lakers thread (and now offseason)

I mean this very lightly but Kuz might just end up being the best player on this roster lol

He's been very impressive these first two preseason games
We have zero go-to scorers. The most aggressive guys on the team last night were Kuzma and Randle. We need Ingram to be more assertive.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
We have zero go-to scorers. The most aggressive guys on the team last night were Kuzma and Randle. We need Ingram to be more assertive.

ingram still needs to add some weight. i still see his head snapping back constantly when he's driving and there's contact on him, he stares the at the ceiling when he attempts a shot inside lol. his outside shot looks much better though, even though the results aren't there yet. he's a 2nd year player who's still very young and has a lot work to do in the weight room. i do expect him to average 15ppg a game though, he has the talent to do that much right now.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

ingram still needs to add some weight. i still see his head snapping back constantly when he's driving and there's contact on him, he stares the at the ceiling when he attempts a shot inside lol. his outside shot looks much better though, even though the results aren't there yet. he's a 2nd year player who's still very young and has a lot work to do in the weight room. i do expect him to average 15ppg a game though, he has the talent to do that much right now.

Team spacing is also an issue. Players, including Ingram, dont have much room to operate and end up driving into a crowd. I also think Ingram needs more of a mid-range game because hes not big or fast enough to get past his defender and to the rim yet, and isnt a knock down 3 pt shooter where he can put his defender at a disadvantage with his long first step.
Originally posted by Arminini:

Team spacing is also an issue. Players, including Ingram, dont have much room to operate and end up driving into a crowd. I also think Ingram needs more of a mid-range game because hes not big or fast enough to get past his defender and to the rim yet, and isnt a knock down 3 pt shooter where he can put his defender at a disadvantage with his long first step.

spacing has nothing do with him still being weak

So you dont think more space means more room to avoid contact with his defender, or contact with a secondary help defender?

So you dont think more space means more room to avoid contact with his defender, or contact with a secondary help defender?

that's not the point i was making...reading isn't this hard man.
Who would you rather have, Ball or Fox?
Originally posted by sacniner:
Who would you rather have, Ball or Fox?

i don't really think anything has changed between the draft and 2nd preseason game lol
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Oct 4, 2017 at 5:07 PM ]
F*cking Kuzma, man. He makes it look so easy. I'm really curious if he can keep this up when the regular season starts.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
F*cking Kuzma, man. He makes it look so easy. I'm really curious if he can keep this up when the regular season starts.

I don't see anything in his game that won't translate to the big boys. He is making heavily contested shots, great footwork, great screen and rolls to hoop...questions are all on D but on the offensive end that ceiling is sky high. Hes huge!
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

I don't see anything in his game that won't translate to the big boys. He is making heavily contested shots, great footwork, great screen and rolls to hoop...questions are all on D but on the offensive end that ceiling is sky high. Hes huge!

ya defense and rebounding are probably gonna keep him from getting a lot of minutes
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Oct 5, 2017 at 10:44 AM ]

ya defense and rebounding are probably gonna keep him from getting a lot of minutes

Well...It isn't like Randle is a great defender. Who is going to be stealing minutes from him?

Well...It isn't like Randle is a great defender. Who is going to be stealing minutes from him?

he's a better defender and is actually a good rebounder. something this team will need on the interior with Brook being the starter. that dude averages like 5 rebounds a game as a center lol.

he's a better defender and is actually a good rebounder. something this team will need on the interior with Brook being the starter. that dude averages like 5 rebounds a game as a center lol.

I just dont see him being a 4. Looks more like a 3 to me? I don't know. We have just a ton of guys in that range of 3s stretch 4s and 4s. Randle, Ingram, Nance, Deng, Kuzma. All seem good but are any gonna be great?
Share 49ersWebzone