LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Pretend you're Harbaugh this week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What do you work on in practice this week? In what areas do you concentrate the most to improve upon and get ready for the next game? We all agree Harbaugh is a smart guy and will take what he saw tonight, make adjustments, and emphasize these changes in practice. What will those changes be?

There are a lot of things we need to work on, but, my God, the o-line was atrocious. I think he will work on picking up the blitz for sure and working the same group together to form some cohesion.

What say you?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Firing squad to the offensive line
Fire Solari, which should have been done 6 months ago.
I noticed Gore was the only one who was able to pick up blitzers. This is why he is one of, if not the best all-around RB in the league. If we had 5 more Frank Gores (with added height and weight, obviously) on the line, we'd have a hall of fame O-Line.

By the way, why the F*(& is Chilo still in the starting lineup? He was getting abused by 2nd-string DLinemen.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Aug 12, 2011 at 9:47 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
I noticed Gore was the only one who was able to pick up blitzers. This is why he is one of, if not the best all-around RB in the league. If we had 5 more Frank Gores (with added height and weight, obviously) on the line, we'd have a hall of fame O-Line.

By the way, why the F*(& is Chilo still in the starting lineup? He was getting abused by 2nd-string DLinemen.

Rachal was getting raped all game long!

I work Baalke's ear in attempt to get a real quarterback in here.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

IMO, has nothing to do with the QB play thus far. The line did not give him anything to work with.

Why is it our offensive line struggles year in and year out? Seriously think of teams like Seattle last year. They had a patch work offensive line last year and their oline coach quit 3 weeks before the season. Now they had their issues here and there but they were also able to play fairly decent. I attributed this to coaching. Our offensive line just sucks all the time. Davis is way too f**king slow. Staley gets beat. Chilo sucks. Goodwin and Synder were also suspect. The only guy who played well was Mike.

When we hired Solari I thought he came from a great background. Wasn't he with the Chiefs for years?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I say "Ok, we know what we're working on now. Let's get to it."
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

IMO, has nothing to do with the QB play thus far. The line did not give him anything to work with.

IMO, the line played awful. But once again, our quarterbacks made them look worse than they are. When Alex was given time to throw today, he made me remember why I think he will never be good (misses a wide open Vernon by throwing the ball into the ground, throwing a pass badly behind braylon, etc).

Fix the oline
Fix the oline
Fix the oline

that is all

Just keep coaching guys up, breaking bad habits, and making changes if we don't see improvement by the end of pre-season play. We still have a long road in front of us fellas, this is a turtle race.
On offense I'd like to see Goodwin installed as the starting center immediately and start building o-line cohesion. Obviously the blitz pick-ups need to improve, but I doubt they're even done installing everything yet.
Fix the o-line.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Is there any Guards or tackles available?
Share 49ersWebzone