There are 206 users in the forums

MotoGP

2017 MotoGP season is almost upon us! Schedule as follows.

Date Location
Mar 26 Qatar (Losail)
Apr 09 Argentina (Río Hondo)
Apr 23 Americas (Circuit of the Americas)
May 07 Spain (Jerez)
May 21 France (Le Mans)
Jun 04 Italy (Mugello)
Jun 11 Catalunya (Barcelona)
Jun 25 Netherlands (Assen)
Jul 02 Germany (Sachsenring)
Aug 06 Czech Republic (Brno)
Aug 13 Austria (Red Bull Ring)
Aug 27 Great Britain (Silverstone)
Sep 10 San Marino (Misano)
Sep 24 Aragon (MotorLand)
Oct 15 Japan (Motegi)
Oct 22 Australia (Phillip Island)
Oct 29 Malaysia (Sepang)
Nov 12 Valencia (Ricardo Tormo)

If the two rounds of testing are any indication, Maverick Viñales is shaping up as a major threat in 2017, posting the fastest time at both the Sepang and Phillip Island events.
spam
[ Edited by thl408 on Jun 15, 2017 at 3:56 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:
2017 MotoGP season is almost upon us! Schedule as follows.

Date Location
Mar 26 Qatar (Losail)
Apr 09 Argentina (Río Hondo)
Apr 23 Americas (Circuit of the Americas)
May 07 Spain (Jerez)
May 21 France (Le Mans)
Jun 04 Italy (Mugello)
Jun 11 Catalunya (Barcelona)
Jun 25 Netherlands (Assen)
Jul 02 Germany (Sachsenring)
Aug 06 Czech Republic (Brno)
Aug 13 Austria (Red Bull Ring)
Aug 27 Great Britain (Silverstone)
Sep 10 San Marino (Misano)
Sep 24 Aragon (MotorLand)
Oct 15 Japan (Motegi)
Oct 22 Australia (Phillip Island)
Oct 29 Malaysia (Sepang)
Nov 12 Valencia (Ricardo Tormo)

If the two rounds of testing are any indication, Maverick Viñales is shaping up as a major threat in 2017, posting the fastest time at both the Sepang and Phillip Island events.

Dovi two wins in two weeks on the Ducati.... Awesome effort
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Jack Miller is leaving Marc VDS and will be riding with Pramac Ducati. It will be formally announced after the Suzuka 8 Hour Race.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
It is now confirmed that Jack Miller will be riding with Pramac Ducati in 2018 on a Ducati Factory Contract,
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Dovi has now won 3 this year for Ducati. He is the quiet achiever this year and would be my bet to take out the championship. Marquez is a little wild and the Honda is not the class bike this year.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Dovi has now won 3 this year for Ducati. He is the quiet achiever this year and would be my bet to take out the championship. Marquez is a little wild and the Honda is not the class bike this year.

I've been pretty slack with my MotoGP watching this year.

Dovi has now won 4 and is leading the championship. Really hope he can hold it together and take out the title on the Duc!

Also read that Rossi broke his leg the other day riding motocross, which takes him out of contention for the MotoGP championship, barring a miracle. Isn't this the second time he's had a serious injury doing this? Bloke should give the dirt bike riding away, haha.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
I've been pretty slack with my MotoGP watching this year.

Dovi has now won 4 and is leading the championship. Really hope he can hold it together and take out the title on the Duc!

Also read that Rossi broke his leg the other day riding motocross, which takes him out of contention for the MotoGP championship, barring a miracle. Isn't this the second time he's had a serious injury doing this? Bloke should give the dirt bike riding away, haha.

It is the second time Rossi has broken his tib and fib but the first one was on the track in practice. This is the first time on a dirt bike. It was actually doing endure training which in the Auzzie language means bush bashing. I am a little surprised about the injury. I train on a dirt bike all the time bush bashing and it doesn't have to be a risky thing. You can still get bike fit and not have to push it to the ragged edge. When I was racing I found it essential to train on a dirt bike because you just cannot get bike fit in a gym or running around the block. There are just muscles you need to get fit that you cant find in the gym.

Yes Dovi is going really well. I sure hope he wins. However, it wont be easy. Marquez is riding brilliantly and would be leading now but for his Honda blowing an engine recently in a race. Vinalez is also a serious contender. So it will be edge of the seat stuff in the lounge room watching the last 5 races to see who comes out on top.

By the way I just picked up a new dirt bike for a bargain
Looks like a goer mate.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Looks like a goer mate.

It goes well. I have just put on a two tooth bigger rear sprocket and I am going to test it tomorrow. Should hoot.

Jack Miller is out of Motogp Japan as he broke his leg last week training on a trials bike. He is on the mend and may well race in Australia at Phillip Island in two weeks.

Jack Miller is out of Motogp Japan as he broke his leg last week training on a trials bike. He is on the mend and may well race in Australia at Phillip Island in two weeks.

Dovi takes Japan! Really hope he can take the title. Go son!
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

Dovi takes Japan! Really hope he can take the title. Go son!

I am backing Dovi. He as smarter than Marquez in Motegii but I think Marquez is the best naturally talented rider out there. He has reflexes like a cat. The last race was pretty awesome especially the last three laps.

If either of these guys win the championship they will deserve it.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Marquez wins it.

Though he almost lost it after almost crashing but pulled off the most awesome save on his knee in a fast turn. He is like a cat and well deserved Motogp World Champ.

Bad luck Dovi but what a good effort
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Marquez has totally dominated MotoGP this year. He is around 100 points ahead of his next rival Dovi.

Jack Miller has now had three third podiums and is improving. All going well next year I guess he will be on a factory Ducati.

Unfortunately, there are no riders from the US this year. They seem to be slacking off on motorcycle racing.

Next round is this week in Thailand. I was going to go and watch but Missus started freaking out and has grounded me.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Exciting finish at Phillip Island
Marquez patient till last lap /gets past Maverick who then crashes trying to get back the lead
Rossi 9th or something , always up there somewhere
Share 49ersWebzone