LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

2017-2018College Basketball

• DaBum
  • Veteran
Purdue wins again. Best Boiler team I've seen.
So the next Curry is a homeless El Debarge looking dude from Oklahoma?
[ Edited by DickWedgie on Feb 5, 2018 at 6:13 PM ]
Originally posted by DickWedgie:
So the next Curry is a homeless El Debarge looking dude from Oklahoma?

Poor guy is gonna be bald by the draft. Thin ass hair having mofo
Poor guy is going to have a do like Larry from the 3 stooges.....# shave that s**t
  • Jiks
Dude reminds me of Trey Burke. His games not going to translate to the NBA.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jiks:

Burke wasn't the athlete, wasn't the scorer nor was he particularly good at beating people off the dribble. Not a good comparison. Burke could shoot and was a good enough athlete and handler to create some opportunities in college.

30 and 10 is unheard of in a big conference. He's a freak athlete who can shoot and drive. That is the entire pro game. Drive and kick. I wouldn't bet against Young.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wonder if Porter Jr is gonna come back this year or not
Originally posted by Jcool:

My Kansas dudes are probably gonna get hit since they are an Adidas school. I hope it's Duke and their flopping asses
Originally posted by jrg:

Missouri isn't gonna do anything if they make the tourney so no reason for him to rush back and ruin his nba career

Originally posted by DaBum:

Burke wasn't the athlete, wasn't the scorer nor was he particularly good at beating people off the dribble. Not a good comparison. Burke could shoot and was a good enough athlete and handler to create some opportunities in college.

30 and 10 is unheard of in a big conference. He's a freak athlete who can shoot and drive. That is the entire pro game. Drive and kick. I wouldn't bet against Young.

He's a lot like Curry, plays below the rim, but really good quickness, shooting, and able to get off any shot and pass. But, he's listed at 6'2, so he's probably 6'1. Curry having those extra couple of inches does help him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jrg:

Missouri isn't gonna do anything if they make the tourney so no reason for him to rush back and ruin his nba career

They'll win a game. Maybe 2 if he comes back in the tournament, but I feel ya.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

He's a lot like Curry, plays below the rim, but really good quickness, shooting, and able to get off any shot and pass. But, he's listed at 6'2, so he's probably 6'1. Curry having those extra couple of inches does help him.

So has the kid been figured out or will Oklahoma continue to slide and people say he doesn't make his teammates better?
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DickWedgie:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

So has the kid been figured out or will Oklahoma continue to slide and people say he doesn't make his teammates better?

I'd say the team has. The kid gets 2 and sometimes 3 defenders flocking to him but the rest of the team can't hit open shots. It's the Ben Simmons problem again. Young isn't perfect, don't get me wrong, but they aren't losing because of him.
https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

Documents and bank records obtained in discovery during the federal investigation into the underbelly of college basketball detail in meticulous fashion the expenditures of prominent former NBA agent Andy Miller, his former associate Christian Dawkins and his agency, ASM Sports. They include expense reports and balance sheets that list cash advances, as well as entertainment and travel expenses for high school and college prospects and their families.
Yahoo Sports viewed hundreds of pages of documents from the years-long probe that had federal authorities monitoring multiple targets and intercepting more than 4,000 calls across 330 days, providing a clear-eyed view into the pervasive nature of the game's underground economy.
While three criminal cases tied to the investigation may take years to play out, the documents viewed by Yahoo revealed the extent of the potential NCAA ramifications from the case. The documents show an underground recruiting operation that could create NCAA rules issues – both current and retroactive – for at least 20 Division I basketball programs and more than 25 players.
Miles Bridges, Alabama's Collin Sexton and Duke's Wendell Carter – to specific potential extra benefits for either the athletes or their family members. The amounts tied to players in the case range from basic meals to tens of thousands of dollars." data-reactid="34">The documents tie some of the biggest names and programs in the sport to activity that appears to violate the NCAA's amateurism rules. This could end up casting a pall over the NCAA tournament because of eligibility issues. (NCAA officials declined a request for comment.) There's potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families of players at Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools. The documents link some of the sport's biggest current stars – Michigan State's Miles Bridges, Alabama's Collin Sexton and Duke's Wendell Carter – to specific potential extra benefits for either the athletes or their family members. The amounts tied to players in the case range from basic meals to tens of thousands of dollars.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 23, 2018 at 6:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone