LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

2017-2018College Basketball

• Shifty
  • Veteran
As John said not a lot of talent here. Bummer about all the fouls which ruined any flow in the game. Clearly some guys crumbled under the pressure but hard to blame these kids.
Originally posted by MuggD:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Really disappointing game

The lack of talent in this game is shocking for an NCAA finals game. I think Collins is the only guy who has any shot at being a good NBA player and he will need 2-3 years of great coaching. NC has a couple of guys who could be 2nd rd picks perhaps but they will be lucky to make an NBA team.

Isn't Jackson #44 on NC supposed to be a 1st rounder? But yeah I agree these guys all kinda suck.

Jackson is a legit lottery talent, he played terrible tonight tho. Sloppy game in general, and the refs were a joke
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Jackson is a legit lottery talent, he played terrible tonight tho. Sloppy game in general, and the refs were a joke

Dude was 0/9 from three, yikes.
f**k this one hurts. Really thought it was our year too.

No way that kid goes in the lottery. You either have to be a freshman or an international player these days to be a top 14 pick. Seriously though, I dont see the athletic talent or the shooting ability for him to be picked that high.
Two less than great teams with refs not letting them play made for a game with no rhythm. The bearded center for the Zags missed too many point blank shots. The majority of these players will play professionally overseas.
lol at all the NBA players complaining about refs

No way that kid goes in the lottery. You either have to be a freshman or an international player these days to be a top 14 pick. Seriously though, I dont see the athletic talent or the shooting ability for him to be picked that high.

Is that your only time watching him play last night? He's usually a very solid shooter. In many mocks he's in the 10-15 range.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

It is just clear to me that basketball has the worst officials out of any sport.

NCAA basketball is hard to watch man. This tournament was BRUTAL. I dont see how anyone could say they prefer college to NBA. From the officiating, to the lack of skilled players, etc.

Is that your only time watching him play last night? He's usually a very solid shooter. In many mocks he's in the 10-15 range.

Ive watched him play 3 or 4 times. I doubt he will be an impact player in the NBA as I just dont see a kid who is super athletic or a great 1 on 1 player. Chad Ford's mock which just came out put him at 21 to OKC. That is probably about right.

I havent watched Jackson play probably as much as you have and maybe he is better than what I have seen.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

It is just clear to me that basketball has the worst officials out of any sport.

NCAA basketball is hard to watch man. This tournament was BRUTAL. I dont see how anyone could say they prefer college to NBA. From the officiating, to the lack of skilled players, etc.
Probably due to the fact that most of these players are playing for the love of the game and not for a paycheck. Sure, some of these players are aiming for the NBA, but most of these players are playing it because they love it. (or because they have a scholarship ).

thats my 2 cents. I much prefer NBA.
Well now we know why UCLA lost to Kentucky. It had nothing to do with Lonzo Ball getting dominated by De'Aaron Fox and not be able to guard him. It was because, according to Lavar Ball, because you "cant win no championship with three white guys.

I think Lonzo will be a very good - not great player in the NBA ,but I hope he struggles just because of his idiot father.
Well now we know why UCLA lost to Kentucky. It had nothing to do with Lonzo Ball getting dominated by De'Aaron Fox and not be able to guard him. It was because, according to Lavar Ball, because you "cant win no championship with three white guys.

I think Lonzo will be a very good - not great player in the NBA ,but I hope he struggles just because of his idiot father.

Yep, I was rooting for Gonzaga/Pac-12, except found myself not really caring about UCLA because of crazy gravy train attention whore dad, and that was before he went full-tilt Al Campanis.

And just think what would happen if the dad of a prominent white athlete had said something similar of black teammates...there'd be protests, demands the white kid lose his scholarship or get expelled, dad get fired from his job or boycott his clothing line if he had one like Lavar Ball, ESPN would be in full meltdown mode. But in this case it'll be a minor topic for a couple days then go away.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Yep, I was rooting for Gonzaga/Pac-12, except found myself not really caring about UCLA because of crazy gravy train attention whore dad, and that was before he went full-tilt Al Campanis.

And just think what would happen if the dad of a prominent white athlete had said something similar of black teammates...there'd be protests, demands the white kid lose his scholarship or get expelled, dad get fired from his job or boycott his clothing line if he had one like Lavar Ball, ESPN would be in full meltdown mode. But in this case it'll be a minor topic for a couple days then go away.

lol Lavar is not a prominent athelete anymore, he is just a dad voicing his opinion because people are putting a mic in his face. and if a white dad said that his black teamates were slow, that would be a huge deal?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Could be the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft next summer. Just committed to Duke.

[ Edited by Jcool on Aug 14, 2017 at 9:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone