There are 138 users in the forums

Worst franchise in sports?

Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Obviously the 49ers suck right now, but anyone who thinks the 49ers are worst franchise needs to understand what it feels like to never win. Almost every team would trade their success for the 5 championships the 49ers won.

This sounds like a jrg post. Stop living in the past. This thread is about the current state of franchises. Yeah I'm sure the Lions fans are just glad they won a couple ships in the 50s before the SB was a thing.

But seriously Jed killed the 49ers. RIP

At least Niners fans have the memories of 6 SB appearances and 5 SB wins. Cleveland and Detroit have nothing and still suck. When the Giants and Warriors weren't very good in the 80s the 49ers gave us a lot of great times. Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, and Ronnie Lott.... possibly the greatest EVER at their positions. That will always be special and it puts them ahead of s**t franchises that have never won a thing and really have never even contended.

But yes... they are f**king awful now and it will be many years before they are good again I am afraid. If we just go by 2016 they have the worst roster, the worst ownership, and worst management in sports.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Obviously the 49ers suck right now, but anyone who thinks the 49ers are worst franchise needs to understand what it feels like to never win. Almost every team would trade their success for the 5 championships the 49ers won.

This sounds like a jrg post. Stop living in the past. This thread is about the current state of franchises. Yeah I'm sure the Lions fans are just glad they won a couple ships in the 50s before the SB was a thing.

At least Niners fans have the memories of 6 SB appearances and 5 SB wins. Cleveland and Detroit have nothing and still suck. When the Giants and Warriors weren't very good in the 80s the 49ers gave us a lot of great times. Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, and Ronnie Lott.... possibly the greatest EVER at their positions. That will always be special and it puts them ahead of s**t franchises that have never won a thing and really have never even contended.

But yes... they are f**king awful now and it will be many years before they are good again I am afraid. If we just go by 2016 they have the worst roster, the worst ownership, and worst management in sports.

Well I was joking with Rubs. But wtf r u talking about? Lions won back to back championships '52-'53 and again in '57. I'm sure Lions fans your age remember the good years.

Well I was joking with Rubs. But wtf r u talking about? Lions won back to back championships '52-'53 and again in '57. I'm sure Lions fans your age remember the good years.

just a bit before my time and anything before the SB era doesnt count anyway. Also.. screw detroit. lol
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

just a bit before my time and anything before the SB era doesnt count anyway. Also.. screw detroit. lol

Well that was my original point if you actually read what I wrote. lol
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I am for real full on Championships. Giants won 3 Niners won 5. 4 of which I was aware of. Kangz need to get me one now. I have probably 30-40 years lol.
[ Edited by MuggD on Oct 24, 2016 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by MuggD:
I am for real full on Championships. Giants won 3 Niners won 5. 4 of which I was aware of. Kangz need to get me one now. I have probably 30-40 years lol.

Convert my son. We will give you credit for 14-15 season. You know you want to.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Why? Because he's right? Lulz
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by jrg:

Why? Because he's right? Lulz

Point being the only people who remember the Lions ever being good are the 80 year old fans who seent it. Just like we will be the only fans 40 years from now to remember when the 49ers were good. Thanks York.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MuggD:

Convert my son. We will give you credit for 14-15 season. You know you want to.

Not a chance in hell lol. I actually pulled for the Warriors through all the years tho. Kind of like I pull for the A's to do well. This does not extend to the Raiders though lol.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Point being the only people who remember the Lions ever being good are the 80 year old fans who seent it. Just like we will be the only fans 40 years from now to remember when the 49ers were good. Thanks York.

the different with the Browns and the 9ers right now.... the brown are trying to win but don't know how....... right now the 9ers just don't want to win and no one wants to help them win.
Share 49ersWebzone