LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Lakers signed a sponsorship deal with Wish to wear their patch on their jerseys. It's an app/site that you buy all this cheap sh!t on from China. I've had the app for a while. Cool gadgets and stuff. Sorta surprising that they actually have enough money to spend on a big deal like this. lol

I'm f**king livid. This is outrageous. What the f**k.

For an organization that's CONSTANTLY pitched and prided itself in its history and name, to taint that with a logo on the jersey is extremely disappointing. Not like we are some super data oriented organization. We are a brand driven organization. And this is a slap in the face to what the purple and gold stands for.

I'm truly disappointed by this. f**king f**k.
Originally posted by GameOver:
Lakers signed a sponsorship deal with Wish to wear their patch on their jerseys. It's an app/site that you buy all this cheap sh!t on from China. I've had the app for a while. Cool gadgets and stuff. Sorta surprising that they actually have enough money to spend on a big deal like this. lol

For an organization that's CONSTANTLY pitched and prided itself in its history and name, to taint that with a logo on the jersey is extremely disappointing. Not like we are some super data oriented organization. We are a brand driven organization. And this is a slap in the face to what the purple and gold stands for.

lol come on now it's not a big deal. plus, the league already said that if it moves in this direction we will see less commercials. you won't even notice it in a couple years. i guarantee you soccer fans rather take the 45 min of non stop action without commercials then remove the patches and coca cola ads next to the score board. also, Lakers ownership, is one of the few in basketball that make their money just off their NBA team. the Lakers is a business for the Buss's, always has been.

You're livid over this?

Originally posted by Arminini:

You're livid over this?

Kind of funny that fans will now pay for merchandise in order to advertise for some random company.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

You're livid over this?

Kind of funny that fans will now pay for merchandise in order to advertise for some random company.

It's a business advertising another business. Like I'm already a walking ad when I wear a Lakers jersey. Sports is the one thing that somehow blinds us all, myself included, to the fact that we are walking billboards for businesses. Imagine wearing a shirt that said Walmart or Target on it. Yet we do that and MUCH more for sports.

And now they do this.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

lol come on now it's not a big deal. plus, the league already said that if it moves in this direction we will see less commercials. you won't even notice it in a couple years. i guarantee you soccer fans rather take the 45 min of non stop action without commercials then remove the patches and coca cola ads next to the score board. also, Lakers ownership, is one of the few in basketball that make their money just off their NBA team. the Lakers is a business for the Buss's, always has been.

I'm not naive enough to think this will lead to shorter commercials. If anything, this is the gateway to getting to full European jerseys where they have more logos or larger logos of sponsors on the jersey or elsewhere. I'm sick and tired of the constant pushing of consumerism and of other multi-national corporations down my throat. Sports are still a for profit ran business - I get that. But it's been under the veil of a game. But the more and more you commercialize it the less and less you can fool yourself into it being about the game.

Also, with someone like the Buss family who've constantly said things about the history of the organization and what it means to be a Laker, they've made it clear they care about the brand. This is a move that tarnishes the brand. So it's all very upsetting.
[ Edited by GameOver on Sep 21, 2017 at 11:19 PM ]
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

There is absolutely zero comparison between bball and soccer.

Soccer is 45 minutes straight, zero commercials. You can literally watch a commercial free game from 2:00PM to 2:47PM, take an exact 15 minute s**t, come back to the tube and watch commercial free sports action from 3:02PM to 3:47PM.

That is why you have to have advertisements all over the field, and more importantly all over the jersey, There is zero air time to have commercials in soccer.

Basketball? Lol. The entire game is a commercial. The amount of timeouts, stoppages, amount of space on scoreboard on screen everything. The fact NBA thinks they need to do this is absurd. Its fkn b******t if you ask me.

You're livid over this?

The NBA announced the all jerseys will be available with and without sponsorship patches.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol wish for some wins ? amiright

You're livid over this?

The NBA announced the all jerseys will be available with and without sponsorship patches.

That's good.

Stil absurd that the actual on the court product will have more advertising. Extremely disappointed by this.

Albeit I was also at the Niners game last night and am livid over letting Goff look like the second coming of Jesus Christ. f**k everything.

Originally posted by susweel:
lol wish for some wins ? amiright

Kim Jong un is tight with china and Dennis Rodman, he could be next
Originally posted by Viperboy:

Kim could sponsor the Rockets.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Viperboy:

Kim could sponsor the Rockets.

Perfect.
Originally posted by Bluesbro: