LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Very warriors like style of play from the Lakers tonight. The team looks like their having fun and buying into Luke's philosophy. I hope they can keep it up and keep burying shots.

ya good ball movement last night and using screens effectively. it really nice to see that pick n roll game back in our playbook. but i don't get why Lou is starting at SG, he's even small for a PG lol. he really does seem your prototypical 6th man, and that's where he belongs.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Very warriors like style of play from the Lakers tonight. The team looks like their having fun and buying into Luke's philosophy. I hope they can keep it up and keep burying shots.

ya good ball movement last night and using screens effectively. it really nice to see that pick n roll game back in our playbook. but i don't get why Lou is starting at SG, he's even small for a PG lol. he really does seem your prototypical 6th man, and that's where he belongs.

I don't think we should read too much into what the starting line up is and what the rotations are until late preseason and early regular season. Luke has said he's gonna be switching things up a lot to see different lineups and how different guys work with each other.
It's hard not to get excited about these young guys through three preseason games so far. I think we're all on the same page here, though. This team's ceiling is 30-35 games. But I would be ecstatic to see them hit 30 games along with be competitive in the majority of the losses and see some quality development from the youths.

Love everything I'm hearing and reading about Luke, especially his relationship with D-Lo. This team might quietly keep us subdued this year boys as we have to force down a brutal Niners season. Expectations are low but hopes are high.

Time to pony up, youngins!
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

I don't think we should read too much into what the starting line up is and what the rotations are until late preseason and early regular season. Luke has said he's gonna be switching things up a lot to see different lineups and how different guys work with each other.

Agree with Stoney here. I can't see a situation where JC doesn't start, I think he is our best player.

I am still pissed Nick Young and Lou are both on this team. There is ABSOLUTELY no need to have both.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 11, 2016 at 6:26 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
When Nick Young is on he can hit, but if he is cold he'll shoot us out of the game.
Originally posted by titan:
When Nick Young is on he can hit, but if he is cold he'll shoot us out of the game.

but I doubt he gets more than 15 min a game. he's also good to have in case Deng has to miss some time or Ingram has to miss time.
A good thing about Lou and Nick is that they arent integral parts of the team. At SF and PG they have multiple options, i think Luke can manage those guys.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Game on tonight vs GS!!! Go Lakers!!! Ingram Time.

He's starting to look a little more comfortable out there. Hopefully he can hit the ground running when the season starts.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Someone please buy Ingram a cheeseburger.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

He's starting to look a little more comfortable out there. Hopefully he can hit the ground running when the season starts.

Only watched 4th quarter today...but Ingram looks as advertised.
Originally posted by 4ML:

I thought he looked really good. Nick Young did too.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 4ML:

I thought he looked really good. Nick Young did too.

Night and day from how he started to how he looks now. He just needs to be more consistent. And unbelievably, Young has looked more like a real player than Swaggy-P lately. Word is he really has taken to Luke as the coach and some of that stupid s**t he's famous for just hasn't been showing up on the court.
I don't want Lou on this team. Guy is just a black hole. We finally are starting to run offenses and he is just either trying to look for an and 1 or not making the right pass.Esp w the way Nick is starting to adjust to this new system, Lou is more than expendable. We need D more than we need his scoring IMO....
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 20, 2016 at 9:16 AM ]
Nance needs to show more improvement. He doesn't really impacting the game the way you would hope.

His offensive game is very limited: he can't shoot and isn't a creative finisher around the rim. His defense game doesn't seem good enough to impact NBA level talent (its rare to have a player good enough to do that).

Based on playing time and the eyeball test, it seems Randle has separated himself from Nance.

I wonder if a package of Lou + Nance can get us a good stretch 4. It would be a really nice compliment to Randle and Ingram in the front court, if we can get a guy with similar size to Nance, but a better shooter to help with spacing on offense and rebounding on defense.
Share 49ersWebzone