LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers thread

First preseason game is tomorrow night. This should be interesting.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Nov 13, 2016 at 3:43 PM ]
Very interested to see what kind of lineups luke throws out there. Can go very long and defensive with Deng, Mosgov, Randle, Ingram, Russell...or small and fast with russel-clarkson-deng-randle-nance etc. This team healthy looks to be at least 7-10 games better than last years. I will be watching a lot how Druss has matured...guy needs to grow up quickkk
Over/under for Lakers is 24.5 wins. I would take the over and go 28-30.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Over/under for Lakers is 24.5 wins. I would take the over and go 28-30.

if we don't have any big injuries, 30 is reasonable.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Very interested to see what kind of lineups luke throws out there. Can go very long and defensive with Deng, Mosgov, Randle, Ingram, Russell...or small and fast with russel-clarkson-deng-randle-nance etc. This team healthy looks to be at least 7-10 games better than last years. I will be watching a lot how Druss has matured...guy needs to grow up quickkk

can't wait!
We have a longggg way to go. Ingram looks even skinnier then i thought. When he tried to D up Rudy Gay on the block it was really, really sad. used his length for a couple blocks tho. Randle needs to figure his sh*t out.
We have a longggg way to go. Ingram looks even skinnier then i thought. When he tried to D up Rudy Gay on the block it was really, really sad. used his length for a couple blocks tho. Randle needs to figure his sh*t out.

Luke said the first few games are just gonna be to see what works. Throwing a lot of different lineups out there. The slow start on the shots was reminiscent of last season. Ingram went 0-for, but some jitters are to be expected. The game got away from the kings in the 4th when all the scrubs came in. I think we went on like a 20-1 run to pull ahead. Not that it matters this early in the preseason but that's what happened. lol
Nance looked good and hopefully Black/Brown can be somewhat consistent throughout the year. But yea Ingram is gonna get put on the post a lot :(
I really liked Clarkson and Nance's defensive intensity and athleticism on the floor together. I'd be very tempted to bring them off the bench together to lead the second unit. They'll speed the game up and get teams on their heels. You can have them close out games, but that punch off the bench would be great.

Randle looks like the same player he was. I'm hoping it was Boogie that made him look so out of control, but I was disappointed with his lack of poise.

Russell looked like the best Laker on the floor. I was pleasantly surprised by his defense, and his offensive decision making was pretty solid for the first game of preseason.

Luke has seemingly changed the culture already. There was excitement and energy on offense and alot of effort on defense.

At the very least, this team is going to be fun to watch.
Originally posted by Arminini:
I really liked Clarkson and Nance's defensive intensity and athleticism on the floor together. I'd be very tempted to bring them off the bench together to lead the second unit. They'll speed the game up and get teams on their heels. You can have them close out games, but that punch off the bench would be great.

Randle looks like the same player he was. I'm hoping it was Boogie that made him look so out of control, but I was disappointed with his lack of poise.

Russell looked like the best Laker on the floor. I was pleasantly surprised by his defense, and his offensive decision making was pretty solid for the first game of preseason.

Luke has seemingly changed the culture already. There was excitement and energy on offense and alot of effort on defense.

Idk...Russell still continuing to turn the ball over too much. He needs to cut down on that. Nance had a great game. If Randle continues to play this inconsistently, won't be long until Nance starts getting more of his minutes.

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

Idk...Russell still continuing to turn the ball over too much. He needs to cut down on that. Nance had a great game. If Randle continues to play this inconsistently, won't be long until Nance starts getting more of his minutes.

It was he first preseason game. Let's not panic yet. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

It was he first preseason game. Let's not panic yet. lol

No one's panicking, no harm in saying he needs to cut down on TOs. I think he needs to be more assertive with the ball. Does a lot of excess hesitation dribble and pump fakes instead of just gettign rid of it.

Nance is better than Randle, at least right now, and I don't think its very close.
This ...

reminds me of this ...

can't wait!

They should be 7-10 games better just for the fact of having the aging ball hog gone.
I can't tell if blueshoe is just trying to fish for reactions or if he's really that ignorant about the game of basketball
Share 49ersWebzone