LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

World Champion Golden State Warriors 2016-17

Couple of points...

1. FUK Matt Barnes. He might be the last player in the NBA I would want coming to the Warriors. Punk and thug all in one
  2. Bob Myers to the Lakers. LMAO.

That is all
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Its times like this where im glad im a dubs fan and not a kings fan lol. I remember when we were in the same position as them not too long ago...

When did we trade away a top player at his position?

Webber?

No. Chris Webber was NOT a top player at his position when we traded him. Remember, some of the All Time Greats were still playing at this time (Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, etc).

Didn't warriors trade wilt Chamberlin snd robert parish?

Yes they did. They traded Robert Parish and the 3rd pick in the draft for the 1st pick in the draft. That trade turned out to be Robert Parish and Kevin McHale for Joe Barry Carroll. Quite possibly the worst trade ever. In one trade the Warriors basically gave the Celtics the front court to go with Larry Bird and win multiple titles.

Joe Barely Cares is #5 on this laziest player in NBA history list.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/02/laziest-players-in-nba-history/joe-barry-carroll

This teams list of FO mistakes goes on for miles. Draft Todd Fuller when Kobe, Steve Nash and Jermaine O'Neil were still on the board. Russell Cross when Clyde the Glide was still available. Ike Diogu, Joe Smith (at #1), Adonal Foyle, and last but far from least ... Chris 'freaking' Washburn.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Its times like this where im glad im a dubs fan and not a kings fan lol. I remember when we were in the same position as them not too long ago...

Webber?

No. Chris Webber was NOT a top player at his position when we traded him. Remember, some of the All Time Greats were still playing at this time (Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, etc).

Yes they did. They traded Robert Parish and the 3rd pick in the draft for the 1st pick in the draft. That trade turned out to be Robert Parish and Kevin McHale for Joe Barry Carroll. Quite possibly the worst trade ever. In one trade the Warriors basically gave the Celtics the front court to go with Larry Bird and win multiple titles.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/02/laziest-players-in-nba-history/joe-barry-carroll

This teams list of FO mistakes goes on for miles. Draft Todd Fuller when Kobe, Steve Nash and Jermaine O'Neil were still on the board. Russell Cross when Clyde the Glide was still available. Ike Diogu, Joe Smith (at #1), Adonal Foyle, and last but far from least ... Chris 'freaking' Washburn.

Probably the best (or should I say worst) was the Warriors drafting a heroin addict in the first round of the hardship draft in 1971. Look up the name Cyril Baptiste. The Warriors selected him one pick ahead of Phil Chenier being taken by the Bullets. He failed his physical and never played a game in the NBA.
Couple of points...

1. FUK Matt Barnes. He might be the last player in the NBA I would want coming to the Warriors. Punk and thug all in one
That is all

I agree.. but a part of me still thinks he wouldn't be bad a few minutes off the bench w/ us

Webber?

Draft Vince Carter

Trade him 5 mins later for Antawn Jamison
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Webber?

Draft Vince Carter

That deal isnt close to being as bad as the rest of these. Actually, at the time that trade made a lot of sense for the Warriors as they needed a bigger front court player and got the College Baskeball Player of the Year in Jamison. Who can ever forget his back to back 50 pt games!
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Couple of points...

That is all

I agree.. but a part of me still thinks he wouldn't be bad a few minutes off the bench w/ us

He would be actually good pairing with Igyy, clark, west or Mcgee, and Livingston the problem is that he is a punk @ss. Kerr or Myers has a history of signing high character guys so not sure how he would fit.

Webber?

Draft Vince Carter

That deal isnt close to being as bad as the rest of these. Actually, at the time that trade made a lot of sense for the Warriors as they needed a bigger front court player and got the College Baskeball Player of the Year in Jamison. Who can ever forget his back to back 50 pt games!

We've all read it but occasionally you have to reread this article to appreciate what the Ws are currently doing:

http://grantland.com/features/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps/
Draft Vince Carter

When I saw that, I thought Toronto was stupid. Then, it turned out St. Jean got played.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Couple of points...

That is all

He would be actually good pairing with Igyy, clark, west or Mcgee, and Livingston the problem is that he is a punk @ss. Kerr or Myers has a history of signing high character guys so not sure how he would fit.

I dont see him being a good pairing at all with that group. Small lineup with very little firepower and Barnes wouldnt add much at all. You think he would be a power forward because that would be his role with this group? I dont see it at all.

Probably the best (or should I say worst) was the Warriors drafting a heroin addict in the first round of the hardship draft in 1971. Look up the name Cyril Baptiste. The Warriors selected him one pick ahead of Phil Chenier being taken by the Bullets. He failed his physical and never played a game in the NBA.

Underclassmen were put in the hardship draft then I believe. Would have been interesting to see where he would have been selected in the regular draft (maybe a team besides the W's would have nabbed him). I looked up the 1971 draft and Spencer Heywood was taken late in the 2nd (can you say Draymond). Artis Gilmore in the 3rd round but that may be because he had already opted for the ABA? None of the other players selected in the hardship draft amounted to anything that year except Chenier.

Underclassmen were put in the hardship draft then I believe. Would have been interesting to see where he would have been selected in the regular draft (maybe a team besides the W's would have nabbed him). I looked up the 1971 draft and Spencer Heywood was taken late in the 2nd (can you say Draymond). Artis Gilmore in the 3rd round but that may be because he had already opted for the ABA? None of the other players selected in the hardship draft amounted to anything that year except Chenier.

Yes, the reason Gilmore wasnt a top pick was because of the ABA. I just think its hillarious that the Warriors didnt know their top pick was a heroin addict. Times were certainly a lot different then.
We sign bogut yet?

We sign bogut yet?

lol
gameday finally!!

close to full squad? I heard zaza might play.. sup with west though?
Share 49ersWebzone