There are 250 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh: Still the same warm, friendly guy.

Originally posted by Jiks:
Good coach, but his inability to act as an adult, even a pre-teen, will always be his demise. I give him another 3 games before his bridges are totally burnt and he wants out.

And for those who say this is "no biggie, you're a hater", google Harbaugh temper tantrums, and you'll see even though you should remember. You don't see many grown men act like this when things don't go their way. Once or twice, I get it. But acting childish approximately every 34 minutes(I've time it out), shows he's an immature temper tantrum "that's mine" toddler. That's why him and Bobby Knight are best friends tbh. They get together for sleep overs and play GI Joes vs Barbie while talking about girls monthly. That's only when Jack doesn't ground him though.

Michigan just upped his pay to 7 million a year so there's that.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Jiks:
Good coach, but his inability to act as an adult, even a pre-teen, will always be his demise. I give him another 3 games before his bridges are totally burnt and he wants out.

And for those who say this is "no biggie, you're a hater", google Harbaugh temper tantrums, and you'll see even though you should remember. You don't see many grown men act like this when things don't go their way. Once or twice, I get it. But acting childish approximately every 34 minutes(I've time it out), shows he's an immature temper tantrum "that's mine" toddler. That's why him and Bobby Knight are best friends tbh. They get together for sleep overs and play GI Joes vs Barbie while talking about girls monthly. That's only when Jack doesn't ground him though.

Michigan just upped his pay to 7 million a year so there's that.

I don't know what Michigan is thinking, they could have mutually parted ways with Harbaugh and hired Tomsula

Michigan only raises Championship banners, not Bowl games.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I don't know what Michigan is thinking, they could have mutually parted ways with Harbaugh and hired Tomsula

Have not been National Champions in nearly 20 years and haven't even been Conference Champions in nearly 10 years. They have been reduced to being Ohio State and Michigan States b***hes as of late.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by Tman:
I lol'ed when Jim Rome pwned him

As did I

But why the hell did Harbs randomly decide to take a shot at Rome?

Because the QB whisperer is all class and definitely not on the spectrum

What did he say about Rome. I remember back in the day he called into Romes show at one point.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Have not been National Champions in nearly 20 years and haven't even been Conference Champions in nearly 10 years. They have been reduced to being Ohio State and Michigan States b***hes as of late.

Times are finally changing! Go big blue

well that is obviously why they hired Harbaugh. lol

Anyways, hardly a storm off.

They have a good team this year, but brutal conference schedule. @ Mich State, @ Iowa, @ Ohio State.

If Harbaugh can get the team to 10 wins, will be a big turning point for the program. Will be the first time since 97-98 that Michigan had back-to-back 10 win seasons.

If he stumbles, his tenure may simply resemble Brady Hoke's tenure (who also had a great 1st season and some great recruits).
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
They have a good team this year, but brutal conference schedule. @ Mich State, @ Iowa, @ Ohio State.

If Harbaugh can get the team to 10 wins, will be a big turning point for the program. Will be the first time since 97-98 that Michigan had back-to-back 10 win seasons.

If he stumbles, his tenure may simply resemble Brady Hoke's tenure (who also had a great 1st season and some great recruits).

lol overreact much? He gets a chance to recruit across a few years, right? I mean he won without his own players last year.

I have faith in Harbaugh. I don't have faith in Iowa being legit though I do like a lot of their players. Desmond King is my favorite corner next year over Jourdan Lewis. Michigan State lost a lot of talent and Michigan beat them last year except for a dumb punt and Ohio State well they are great and I'm looking forward to the game meaning more than bragging rights this year.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

lol overreact much? He gets a chance to recruit across a few years, right? I mean he won without his own players last year.

huh? What am I over reacting about?

Brady Hoke had a great first season, and then won 8 games the next season and things went south from there.

Its not uncommon for a new coach to take over a team in CFB and in their 1st year have success with the other past coache's players. And then as they recruit their teams actually do worse. Its a myth that coaches need "their own players" to really succeed.

Urban Meyer took over a team he didn't recruit at Ohio State and kicked ass from the get-go.

I'm a supporter of Harbaugh, but I'm also not stupid. One year success isn't impressive. Its consistent success that matters. If he stumbles in year 2, his program will lose momentum, he will lose out on some big recruits and it will impact the program. Back-to-back 10 year seasons on the other hand rises the program to becoming a perennial contender.

Harbaugh inherited a team that was pretty talented but under performed big time, Hoke had some great recruiting classes. Its not like Harbs took over Eastern Michigan or something.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM ]

huh? What am I over reacting about?

Brady Hoke had a great first season, and then won 8 games the next season and things went south from there.

Its not uncommon for a new coach to take over a team in CFB and in their 1st year have success with the other past coache's players. And then as they recruit their teams actually do worse. Its a myth that coaches need "their own players" to really succeed.

Urban Meyer took over a team he didn't recruit at Ohio State and kicked ass from the get-go.

I'm a supporter of Harbaugh, but I'm also not stupid. One year success isn't impressive. Its consistent success that matters. If he stumbles in year 2, his program will lose momentum, he will lose out on some big recruits and it will impact the program. Back-to-back 10 year seasons on the other hand rises the program to becoming a perennial contender.

Harbaugh inherited a team that was pretty talented but under performed big time, Hoke had some great recruiting classes. Its not like Harbs took over Eastern Michigan or something.

You are putting Harbaugh, who has had great success in the NFL and college (Stanford) in the same boat as Hoke? I mean, you can make that case with almost any team and new hire if you wanted. I think Harbaugh has proved to be a good coach. I am pretty sure he gets more than 2-3 years to decide if he is just another Brady Hoke.

I agree its tough because he has to play Ohio State and Michigan State though. But hell, he has MSU beat last year if it wasn't for an incredible play at the end of the game.

TLDR - basically even if he wins 9 games this year, you can't label him Hoke.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Aug 18, 2016 at 11:14 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

But Harbaugh has never raised a banner, maybe they should have hired the other Jim (Tressel).

But Harbaugh has never raised a banner, maybe they should have hired the other Jim (Tressel).

That's a low blow. On many levels. I still hate sweater vests.

One of the perks of being an Ohio State fan is I get to hear Harbaugh get roasted for being an overrated clown, in start contrast to the constant nostalgic slurping of his nethers seen on this forum. BTW, only time QB whisperer ever had a good offense was with Andrew Luck at QB. Jot that down.
One of the perks of being an Ohio State fan is I get to hear Harbaugh get roasted for being an overrated clown, in start contrast to the constant nostalgic slurping of his nethers seen on this forum. BTW, only time QB whisperer ever had a good offense was with Andrew Luck at QB. Jot that down.

you mean Ohio State guys roast Harbaugh? I never would have guessed. lol. I wonder if SF fans roast Pete Carroll?

I am not a Harbaugh guy, but you guys crack me up. Dude is immature as f**k, but the dude wins.
Share 49ersWebzone