LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Was Hayne right to quit the 49ers and chase Olympic Glory with the Fiji 7s?

Was Hayne right to quit the 49ers and chase Olympic Glory with the Fiji 7s?

Oh and then I tweeted 'Hayne go f**k yourself!'
[ Edited by 4x4niner on May 19, 2016 at 6:07 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
What's the "a" stand for?

Atlanta Braves

You look different there. How did a 49er fan get to follow a team on the other side of the country?
Originally posted by valrod33:
What's the "a" stand for?

Atlanta Braves

You look different there. How did a 49er fan get to follow a team on the other side of the country?

That's a picture of him in high school.

........idunno.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

........idunno.

Judging from that video and that speech Satan has more cred then Hayne
He can do what he wants to do. So yes.

Call me cynical but after reading this article i cant help but think that the reason Fijian Rugby has come calling Jarryd Hayne has more to do with leveraging his "celebrity" status to bring in $$$$ for Fijian Rugby than Jarryd's athelic ability or skills.

Also, I know sfa about rugby 7s or Fijian rugby in general. But some of the guys described sound like phenomenal athletes, their sparq scores would be off the charts. Baalke could do worse than return the favour by shopping for his next project from Fifi.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/meet-jarryd-haynes-freakish-new-teammates-on-the-fiji-sevens-side/news-story/31769168209f3c4853d2c453cc078bdd
Should we call him the Outback Satan?
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Should we call him the Outback Satan?

Morning 4x4. I see you're maintaining the rage. Carry on champ

• 220s
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LockyersLeftBoot:

Call me cynical but after reading this article i cant help but think that the reason Fijian Rugby has come calling Jarryd Hayne has more to do with leveraging his "celebrity" status to bring in $$$$ for Fijian Rugby than Jarryd's athelic ability or skills.

Also, I know sfa about rugby 7s or Fijian rugby in general. But some of the guys described sound like phenomenal athletes, their sparq scores would be off the charts. Baalke could do worse than return the favour by shopping for his next project from Fifi.

Said it all along mate, his making the squad wont be based on just what he offers skills wise on the field but what he brings to the team and if that gives them a better chance of winning.

NRL has been poaching them for years, eels signed Radrahdra from Fiji 7's having never played a game of league in his life. Think he played a total of 7 or 8 games of rugby league before he made his NRL debut.
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Good chance this is where it all started
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sydney-sevens-jarryd-hayne-surprises-fellow-fijians-20160205-gmmyz1.html

I've got a feeling he almost thinks he owes Fiji, he attributes his success to the time spent with Fiji during the 2008 world cup. From what I have read and heard during the 2013 world cup while representing Australia he spent every moment he could with the Fijian squad.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 220s:
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sydney-sevens-jarryd-hayne-surprises-fellow-fijians-20160205-gmmyz1.html

I've got a feeling he almost thinks he owes Fiji, he attributes his success to the time spent with Fiji during the 2008 world cup. From what I have read and heard during the 2013 world cup while representing Australia he spent every moment he could with the Fijian squad.

There is no doubt he feels a connection with Fiji but that doesn't make it ok for him to just bail on the 49ers Dream without expecting people would be less then happy with his flakiness .
The Unionists dont like league poaching in their fishing spot, by hayne joining sevens they hope to reroute the interest back to them but i believe its too late and it'll just facilitate the ongoing war of Union and League.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by 220s:

There is no doubt he feels a connection with Fiji but that doesn't make it ok for him to just bail on the 49ers Dream without expecting people would be less then happy with his flakiness .

Yep, its not the why but the how that is the hardest as a "fan" to digest.
Share 49ersWebzone