LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Was Hayne right to quit the 49ers and chase Olympic Glory with the Fiji 7s?

Was Hayne right to quit the 49ers and chase Olympic Glory with the Fiji 7s?

Hayne quit because he was bored to tears of the NFL. The Olympics 7's thing was just good PR, because it wouldn't help the 9ers or his own image if he made a statement to say that he was bored to tears of the NFL.

It is a good decision to switch back to league now or to have a European adventure in European rugby before he loses his skills.

I think Hayne will be happy to just train with the Fijians for a few weeks and then go to the Olympics as part of the Fijian cheer squad because he is very unlikely to make the squad at such late notice. He doesn't even know the rugby rules yet and he doesn't have the fitness yet or the rugby 7's game sense to be in the 12 man squad ahead of some of their gun 7's players.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
I agree, I'm just saying it is silly to point out no NFL teams are listed. If they were they would be in trouble with the league.

Isnt that the same thing as the Broncos being interested in Kapernick? There was talk of a trade. Same could happen with Hayne except no one wants him
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Goatie:
I agree, I'm just saying it is silly to point out no NFL teams are listed. If they were they would be in trouble with the league.

Isnt that the same thing as the Broncos being interested in Kapernick? There was talk of a trade. Same could happen with Hayne except no one wants him

That is totally different though. That involves two teams talking to each other absent the player (until it hit negotiations), not a team talking to a free agent. No one is gonna call the 49ers about someone who is listed retired/reserve.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

That is totally different though. That involves two teams talking to each other absent the player (until it hit negotiations), not a team talking to a free agent. No one is gonna call the 49ers about someone who is listed retired/reserve.

Or who is a quitter
Hayne blew lol, he was never going to make it in the NFL. Dumb signing by Baalke, one of many. So much hype for somebody who sucked.
Originally posted by reno9er:
Hayne blew lol, he was never going to make it in the NFL. Dumb signing by Baalke, one of many. So much hype for somebody who sucked.

Yeah and he was the brightest thing about this team last year. Lol. Sucks to be a fan last year huh! 20/20 hind sight is a wonderful thing though. Thing that blows most is him quitting before he was cut. That sucks.
He weren't all that bad. All the hype did was put pressure on him to perform with no clue what he was doing. It was more a dumb decision by Tomsula to play him too much in pre season. Anyone half decent stiff from another sport could excel against 3rd string scrubs. Can't blame Baalke for signing him.
Or who is a quitter

Yep.

And if I see another "32 other teams rejected whoever" I am going to
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Yep.

Sunny won't like all those emojie's Rab
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Yep.

Well in this one rare case, the many emoji's are totally appropriate
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by suncoast49er:
Yep.

Well in this one rare case, the many emoji's are totally appropriate

Sweet

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Or who is a quitter

Lol agreed there
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Lol agreed there

It took a bit of work but finally lol
Hearing some jibberish with no proof and plenty of question marks re Heins. ( a bit like a convo at the local when you get a tip for the dogs at Dapto ).

It went something like his management/sponsors did a risk assessment on what would happen to the "brand" if he was cut/sacked/practice squadded as apposed to quitting. People remember negatively when you get sacked or cut but quickly forget if you leave on your own terms and can be spun in to a positive especially is the opportunity can be perceived as good.

All they had to do was convince the man himself. That part came down to his religion, family, and the ever smiling Fijians.

When you take a look at his recent photos that steel in his eyes are gone. May be the jet lag or reconditioning for 7s but he will never be the player we saw at his peak in 2013/14.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Will Hopoate had that same look before he went on his mission and although a strong A grader now you just can't help ponder ..How good
could he have been now if only he stayed and played
I'm sure he did what he did with the best of intentions but a shame to loose time in a short career of such a god given talent
Will Hopoate had that same look before he went on his mission and although a strong A grader now you just can't help ponder ..How good
could he have been now if only he stayed and played
I'm sure he did what he did with the best of intentions but a shame to loose time in a short career of such a god given talent

Good point. Guilt is a horrible man induced trait that many organisations create in people's minds.
Share 49ersWebzone