There are 169 users in the forums

Was Hayne right to quit the 49ers and chase Olympic Glory with the Fiji 7s?

Was Hayne right to quit the 49ers and chase Olympic Glory with the Fiji 7s?

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Ok what are your views on Jarryd Hayne quitting mid dream to chase another dream?
I won't hold a grudge against him forever, but my current issues with him are...

1) He is a liar & this Olympic thing isn't his dream, it's an excuse. Israel Folau made similar excuses when he left AFL... Just admit the doubts grew too great so you decided to call it a day. Only a small minority are buying this new dream BS.

2) Not earning his keep & taking another man's spot on the Fijian 7s team, this is my biggest issue. If his dream truly was to play 7s, he should have quit the NFL earlier before returning to San Francisco & spent the season training with the squad. Jarryd has no runs on the board in RU & doesn't deserve this opportunity.

3) The media, particularly foxsports & affiliates are still persisting with their "Last Of The Dream-Chasers" hero worshiping circus.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on May 19, 2016 at 2:43 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
I won't hold a grudge against him forever, but my current issues with him are...

1) He is a liar & this Olympic thing isn't his dream, it's an excuse. Israel Folau made similar excuses when he left AFL... Just admit the doubts grew too great so you decided to call it a day. Only a small minority are buying this new dream BS.

2) Not earning his keep & taking another man's spot on the Fijian 7s team, this is my biggest issue. If his dream truly was to play 7s, he should have quit the NFL earlier before returning to San Francisco & spent the season training with the squad. Jarryd has no runs on the board in RU & doesn't deserve this opportunity.

3) The media, particularly foxsports & affiliates are still persisting with their "Last Of The Dream-Chasers" hero worshiping circus.

Karl Stefanovic, the Sydney Journalist, who did the 60 Minutes story on him was not impressed on the Today Show on Tuesday. You could see he was just shaking his head at this decision. He felt let down and had been backing him hard since he made the decision. It is not just us supports on the Web Zone who are not impressed.
Hayne is a loser,prob owns a Nintendeo Wii U and watches the Housewives of Bakersfield
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
I bet his next dream is to transition like Bruce Jenner
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Hayne is a loser,prob owns a Nintendeo Wii U and watches the Housewives of Bakersfield

Barry, when i grow up i want to be as cool as you.
Originally posted by Goatie:
I bet his next dream is to transition like Bruce Jenner

Originally posted by LockyersLeftBoot:

Glad i have inspired somebody
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Originally posted by LockyersLeftBoot:

Glad i have inspired somebody

I have some of your quotes as bumper stickers.
Karl Stefanovic, the Sydney Journalist, who did the 60 Minutes story on him was not impressed on the Today Show on Tuesday. You could see he was just shaking his head at this decision. He felt let down and had been backing him hard since he made the decision. It is not just us supports on the Web Zone who are not impressed.

Petero, Vossy & big Dell all echoed disappointment with Hayne potentially taking a young guy's spot in Rio without earning it.

Glory hunter if ever i've seen one.

I unfollowed him on twitter
Originally posted by valrod33:

Very wise decision young man,i recommend we all do this
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

What a Legend. You are my favourite HOFnow
While I know nothing about Rugby, I do understand sports, and yeah it seems like it's wrong to take another guys spot, but he has the right to retire, and he could have done it earlier, but it's better he did it now, and not if or when he made the 49ers 53 man roster, and cost a RB or another players job.

What a Legend. You are my favourite HOFnow

Share 49ersWebzone