LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Jason Hill vs Jerry Sullivan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guys I am a life long Niner Fan who grew up in the Sunset and was in the endzone seats when Clark made "the catch" . I try to sit back and digest what's really happening before I make a comment but one thing I have seen over several season is Jerry Sullivan's favoritism . This guy puts rookie's and young recievers in the dog house and they disappear. Jason Hill has proved in real NFL game time play that he can produce. I am baffled how a young promising talent might get dumbed when Battle ( who is a gamer period ) and Bruce won't be on this team next year. So looking long term how do you not keep hill ? Next years roster will be Morgan, Jones, Crabtree (?) , then who spurlock(special teamer at best ), ziegler( i like but at best a 5th reciever ), battle (7yrs lots of injuries) , bruce (retired). If the niners continue to let third round picks ride pine we will Never return to the glory years. Jason Hill deserves to be a productive 49er ! And yes I did go to Sacred Heart so I am a little bias but you know I'm right !
Sullivan has not impressed me in the least.
Sullivan came and patted Hill after the TD. he wasnt smiling tho.
Originally posted by luckofirish:
Guys I am a life long Niner Fan who grew up in the Sunset and was in the endzone seats when Clark made "the catch" . I try to sit back and digest what's really happening before I make a comment but one thing I have seen over several season is Jerry Sullivan's favoritism . This guy puts rookie's and young recievers in the dog house and they disappear. Jason Hill has proved in real NFL game time play that he can produce. I am baffled how a young promising talent might get dumbed when Battle ( who is a gamer period ) and Bruce won't be on this team next year. So looking long term how do you not keep hill ? Next years roster will be Morgan, Jones, Crabtree (?) , then who spurlock(special teamer at best ), ziegler( i like but at best a 5th reciever ), battle (7yrs lots of injuries) , bruce (retired). If the niners continue to let third round picks ride pine we will Never return to the glory years. Jason Hill deserves to be a productive 49er ! And yes I did go to Sacred Heart so I am a little bias but you know I'm right !

Very nice post. Agree completely. Hill can and should play.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sulivan for all of his reputation as a good WR coach hasn't really developed any of them for the niners.
Originally posted by teeohh:

"yeah, yeah, yeah, yakity yakity yak.... do you not have eyes? Do you not SEE what I can do when you put me in the game?"
i think with the lack of crabs, b jones and now ziegler hurt, Hill makes this team!!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I met and ran with Jason Hill at the bay to breakers in SF. You could tell this guy was really proud to play with his hometown Niners. Now it's just sad to see how Singletary is basically running him out of SF.
Originally posted by jedi9er:

Very nice post. Agree completely. Hill can and should play.

I agree, but why did he let Bolding play? Dude has way less talent than Jason Hill, we could probably trade Hill for Boldin and their first or 2nd round pick. That would solve all of our problems lol

• Chief
  • Veteran
Jerry Sullivan is a failure and one of the worst members of the 49ers staff IMO.
Originally posted by maximill15:
i think with the lack of crabs, b jones and now ziegler hurt, Hill makes this team!!

I say the niners keep 6 WR's not counting Crabtree.

Bruce, Morgan, Battle, Spurlock, Hill, B. Jones. Then just dump one (or a DB) once Crabtree decides to sign.
Jerry Sullivan is garbage. Throw him to the curb.
Agree.

Jason Hill played well when he got his chance last season, he made some terrific catches, and besides Bruce I didn't see anybody else run better routes. It's sad how Jerry handles our young WR's, and how he hasn't been able to make any of our WR's good, never mind great...

I think it's time for Jerry to go, it seems like he is just over coaching these guys, let them play, they showed that they can perform at this level, take a step back, or get fired.

Where in the Sunset? I used to live on 40th and Irving back in 89 before I came to the East bay...
Share 49ersWebzone