Matt Williams
Bonds
The 2010-Current SF Giants Team
1. Barry Bonds
1. Buster Posey
3. Madison Bumgarner
4. Jason Schmidt
5. Jeff Kent

Matt Cain, J.T. Snow, and Tim Lincecum are honorable mentions.
  1. Mays
  2. Posey
  3. Lincecum
  4. Bumgarner
  5. McCovey and Will the Thrill tied
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Mar 19, 2016 at 11:27 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
  1. Mays
  2. Posey
  3. Lincecum
  4. Bumgarner

Im curious to know what puts Lincecum over Bumgarner in your book?

Lincecum started off like such a legend, but the last 5 years hes struggled so badly, it hurt his legacy. Watching him go from the best pitcher in the game, to getting booted out of the rotation multiple times was hard to watch.

I think hes going to become the most accomplished pitcher to not be in the Hall of Fame. Its weird that him and Koufax are the only pitchers in history to have 2+ rings, 2+ CY awards, and 2+ no-hitters, but I dont think Lincecum has any shot at the Hall.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Not to answer for John but Timmy was like the Will Clark for their respective teams. The question is just who are your favorite Giants after all.
Originally posted by MuggD:
Not to answer for John but Timmy was like the Will Clark for their respective teams. The question is just who are your favorite Giants after all.

I understand, I was just wondering what put Lincecum over Bum for him.
McCovey
Jack Clark
Will Clark
HacMan
Posey

Others...Darrell Evans, Terry Whitfield, Chili Davis, Larry Herndon, Robby Thompson, JT Snow, Bumgarner
Will Clark
Barry
MadBum
Posey
In his short time here, Hunter Pence has made my list.
Will
Posey
Bum
Timmy
McCovey

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by MuggD:

I understand, I was just wondering what put Lincecum over Bum for him.

Ya im the same boat, bum is the man, but lincecum was THE FREAK. Him at his best was something very special. Not taking anything from Bum, he'll end up better, but I really enjoyed lincy for some reason
Originally posted by Niners99:
  1. Mays
  2. Posey
  3. Lincecum
  4. Bumgarner

Im curious to know what puts Lincecum over Bumgarner in your book?

Lincecum started off like such a legend, but the last 5 years hes struggled so badly, it hurt his legacy. Watching him go from the best pitcher in the game, to getting booted out of the rotation multiple times was hard to watch.

I think hes going to become the most accomplished pitcher to not be in the Hall of Fame. Its weird that him and Koufax are the only pitchers in history to have 2+ rings, 2+ CY awards, and 2+ no-hitters, but I dont think Lincecum has any shot at the Hall.

Simple. He was the star of the 2010 team that finally ended my misery as a Giants fan. He was the best pitcher in baseball and a rock star in SF. I dont know if Bum will ever become as popular as Timmy was in his prime years. But I did put them 3-4. Not like its much of a difference.
Originally posted by reno9er:
Will
Posey
Bum
Timmy
McCovey
No Mays? WTF? You are old enough to have Mays on your list. What the heck is wrong with you. LOL
Originally posted by reno9er:
Will
Posey
Bum
Timmy
McCovey
No Mays? WTF? You are old enough to have Mays on your list. What the heck is wrong with you. LOL

It was a close call between McCovey and Mays, but McCovey to me was always San Francisco. Love Mays but he was a hero in New York before he ever played here. No question Mays talent wise was better, right up there with Ruth for all time. But Willie Mac was something special to the fans, before he left and after he came back.
Bonds
Posey
Bumgarner
Cain
Jt snow
Share 49ersWebzone