LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 145 users in the forums

Did the Golden State Warriors ruin basketball?

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
it's just another phase.

we had the fancy dunking stage (from the MJ vs Wilkins duels)
the fancy dribblers (from the And1 era).....the era when everyone forgot about the midrange jumper.....
now this era.

That's what I don't understand now lol. For the past 20-30 years, everybody has been b***hing about how guys cantt shoot anymore and all they want to do is dunk or do fancy dribbles. Now when they are shooting, it's ruining the game.

assists are a sexy stat.
Naw. People are just getting better at shooting.

Back in the 90s, unless you were the big guy, you were basically just launching shots anyway. Who the f**k runs a post game and pick and roll in street ball?

If you play organized ball you will learn all that stuff and your coach will bench your ass for launching Curry style threes.
haha....bunch of sour grapes in this thread......lol
Disagree, because I think the Warriors have never made basketball more fun to watch. If other players want to shoot too, they can put in the time like Steph and Klay have.
Wtf thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard.. theyre just hating
Well most of them went too far, but the discussion has some merit.

a. The younger players who are stars will do what they want on the court, and nobody can tell the stars not to do it. I am talking the 14-18 year olds who are being watched and heavily recruited. The travel team all-star kids.

b. The center position is becoming obsolete. Even guys like Shaq say it wont come back to the dominant post big man type player unless a kid from up above says he wants to be a post player. Big men now a days want to be versatile and shoot, not sit in the paint.

c. If the warriors and the game continues to focus on 3 point shooting, younger players will evolve to that as well.

d. It happened years ago with dunking.

But really teams just need to focus more on defense. Defense in the NBA is a joke. Also, there are only a handful of good teams. That is what will ruin the game. Barkley said the other day that if the warriors aren't playing the Spurs, Clippers, or Cavs, there is nobody who wants to watch an entire NBA game. That is more important than the Warriors shooting at a record pace.
No, the game was ruined by the street ball style of play that came in the Iverson era.

The NBA became more about alley-oop dunks and shoe brands at that point. Now its a bunch of kids who didnt stay in college long enough to learn proper fundamentals wearing those idiotic spandex t-shirt jerseys.
The object of the game is to put the ball in the hoop.

Hasn't changed as far as a I can tell. If 'pundits' wanna bag on the way the Warriors do it, let em. They are just making themselves look like chumps.
smh.. this sh*t is getting out of hand lol.. I hope steph reads this stuff

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-sports-abominations-3-pointers-lincicome-spt-0306-20160305-column.html
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by boast:
started back at the beginning of the 21st century when the refs started taking over playoff games for a certain LA team with two superstars contracted to Pepsi and many other corporate NBA sponsors.

here we go again. everything is a f**king conspiracy...

stuff it Hyde. we already know refs like Tim Donaghy were throwing games. don't be f**king ignorant.

they were doing it for everybody, not just the lakers. Donaghy even said that he had games where we wouldn't call fouls for Shaq.

Oh god, Hyde is a bandwagon Laker fan also? Jesus this guy....

Can you get off my dick already? I'm not sure wtf your obsession is with me, but it's f**king wierd. GTFO perv!

p.s. dont even know who the hell u are. must be a butt hurt alex smith fan that i offended?
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Mar 7, 2016 at 2:34 PM ]

The Euro's have changed the way the NBA game is played.
Gimmick offense
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
basketball pretty much sucks now but its not the warriors fault.
Can you get off my dick already? I'm not sure wtf your obsession is with me, but it's f**king wierd. GTFO perv!

p.s. dont even know who the hell u are. must be a butt hurt alex smith fan that i offended?

Ha, this dude got mad.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
basketball pretty much sucks now but its not the warriors fault.

It's because the league has watered-down talent. Only five teams are really competitive.

If they wanted to improve the quality of the NBA product, they would get rid of 14 teams, and shorten the season to 60 games.
Share 49ersWebzone