LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Jarryd Hayne going to jail.

Originally posted by Zealot:
G'day Locky.

That one was a f**k up and a half hey. Look at the field position on that turnover.

Hey Zeal, yep i had forgotten a lot after the craziness of the last 8 months.

I found some clips while looking for that gif that reminded me why I'm here. The 53 yd run in first preseason game made me sit up and pay attention and there was a dead leg step he pulled on a run later in the preseason that made believe he could really be something special and different.

It all turned out s**te but whatever. Still glad im here. Looking forward to FA, the draft and next year.

Any news on whether Taumalolo is still keen for a crack at the NFL?
Originally posted by LockyersLeftBoot:
G'day Locky.

That one was a f**k up and a half hey. Look at the field position on that turnover.

Hey Zeal, yep i had forgotten a lot after the craziness of the last 8 months.

I found some clips while looking for that gif that reminded me why I'm here. The 53 yd run in first preseason game made me sit up and pay attention and there was a dead leg step he pulled on a run later in the preseason that made believe he could really be something special and different.

It all turned out s**te but whatever. Still glad im here. Looking forward to FA, the draft and next year.

Any news on whether Taumalolo is still keen for a crack at the NFL?

Yeah mate, there was plenty to like early in the piece but the train left the tracks a bit after that.

Definitely keen for those things too mate. Expecting positive change under this new regime for sure.

Haven't heard any more about Taumololo. Not sure whose court the ball is in now, whether he has to keep chasing or one of the teams who came to see his try out will reach out. See what happens.
Originally posted by JoNeo:
No comparison.The two returns are worlds apart in terms of pressure. OOps look at me jumping to Heines defense

Hayne probably wouldn't have scored either of those TDs (Certainly not the 1st), Neo. He lacked the explosive extra gear.

Only guys with extreme speed like Ted Ginn Jr could outrun the angles on that first sideline run.

He many have been able to score the 2nd, but Ginn had / has effortless speed, so you can't underestimate that factor, Hayne may have been run down.

I just don't agree he was the best return man the 9ers ever had. He may have been the best preseason return man ever, but that doesn't count for much.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
No comparison.The two returns are worlds apart in terms of pressure. OOps look at me jumping to Heines defense

Hayne probably wouldn't have scored either of those TDs (Certainly not the 1st), Neo. He lacked the explosive extra gear.

Only guys with extreme speed like Ted Ginn Jr could outrun the angles on that first sideline run.

He many have been able to score the 2nd, but Ginn had / has effortless speed, so you can't underestimate that factor, Hayne may have been run down.

I just don't agree he was the best return man the 9ers ever had. He may have been the best preseason return man ever, but that doesn't count for much.

Yeah SportO,I meant the catch/fumbling part of those clips.Jerry had the posse on top of him when the ball arrived.But it is very entertaining to see those electrifying fast guy's when they take off fur shur
Yeah SportO,I meant the catch/fumbling part of those clips.Jerry had the posse on top of him when the ball arrived.But it is very entertaining to see those electrifying fast guy's when they take off fur shur

You're right about that, Neo... But that's the difference between preseason & regular season games.

Let me know if you guys are thinking about doing the NRL tipping comp again.

I haven't followed the NRL offseason news at all, & have no idea what the form guide is going into 2017?
I'd be up for the tipping again.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
You're right about that, Neo... But that's the difference between preseason & regular season games.

I haven't followed the NRL offseason news at all, & have no idea what the form guide is going into 2017?

Haven't followed much but am keen to participate again SportO and Zeal please consider myself a starter if it takes off and cheers men

Haven't followed much but am keen to participate again SportO and Zeal please consider myself a starter if it takes off and cheers men

I'm in too.

Looking forward to getting whooped by SportO in another comp.
Originally posted by LockyersLeftBoot:
I'm in too.

Looking forward to getting whooped by SportO in another comp.

Cool, sounds like we still have enough for another comp...

Don't think I'll do as well this year, as I haven't really been following much.
New season starting soon folks! umm blokes! Gotta beat Sports arse this time!

• JoNeo
  • Veteran
And not to forget the impressive showing from Rabbits who came in halfway at a definite disadvantage and showed incredible football (NRL) intellect to do well
All good
And not to forget the impressive showing from Rabbits who came in halfway at a definite disadvantage and showed incredible football (NRL) intellect to do well
All good

Aww shucks. I'm blushing.

Well done to Sporto and Zeal on the NFL pickm. I think the was 3 Aussies in the top 30.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Aww shucks. I'm blushing.

Well done to Sporto and Zeal on the NFL pickm. I think the was 3 Aussies in the top 30.

Perhaps you mean Locky mate, as I don't think I finished in the top 30. Thanks anyway. I'm pretty happy with where I finished up all things considered.

Speaking of Parramatta products, if you blokes are interested in good Aussie craft brews try Riverside Brewing. Their 777 Imperial IPA and Black Peril Imperial Stout are pretty bloody good.
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
New season starting soon folks! umm blokes! Gotta beat Sports arse this time!

I got nothing this season, I swear...
Tweet from Jerry

For #paulkent to completely make up a story of me missing a game for a concert is nothing short of putrid, disgraceful journalism.
Share 49ersWebzone