There are 256 users in the forums

The Official San Antonio Spurs 2016-2017!!!

Originally posted by Joecool:
Spurs need to beat the better teams. As of now, their point margin is fake.

Funny....I came in here just to ask the Spurs fans a question that this answers.

The Spurs have been amazing, there is no question about that. However, I wonder if this record is a little misleading in the sense that the Spurs have lost to pretty much every good team they have faced. I know the regular season is different than playoffs, but it has to be a little concerning for Spurs fans. While the Warriors have been getting upset by the Milwaukee Bucks of the world, they have been taking care of business against the top teams with relative ease.

Interesting to see an actual Spurs fan see that not beating better teams might actually be a problem.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Funny....I came in here just to ask the Spurs fans a question that this answers.

The Spurs have been amazing, there is no question about that. However, I wonder if this record is a little misleading in the sense that the Spurs have lost to pretty much every good team they have faced. I know the regular season is different than playoffs, but it has to be a little concerning for Spurs fans. While the Warriors have been getting upset by the Milwaukee Bucks of the world, they have been taking care of business against the top teams with relative ease.

Interesting to see an actual Spurs fan see that not beating better teams might actually be a problem.

Yeah, I don't think we can win any 1 game series but I do think we may be tough in a 7-game series against any team not named the Warriors.

Yeah, I don't think we can win any 1 game series but I do think we may be tough in a 7-game series against any team not named the Warriors.

You will definitely be a tough out come playoff time. But barring a miracle finish by you guys and a collapse by my Warriors, you squaring off with the Thunder in round 2 would be really interesting. I could definitely see OKC winning. Not saying I would bet on that, but it could happen.

You will definitely be a tough out come playoff time. But barring a miracle finish by you guys and a collapse by my Warriors, you squaring off with the Thunder in round 2 would be really interesting. I could definitely see OKC winning. Not saying I would bet on that, but it could happen.

Didn't think Leanord would make this much of an impact not playing.
Rip red mamba
Man, we keep losing slightly before or after the Warriors lose. Just can't catch up.
Hope we can redeem ourselves vs the Clippers tonight.

Hope this is redemption week.
  • OKC: Check
  • Clips: Check
  • Warriors: ?!!
[ Edited by Joecool on Mar 16, 2016 at 8:20 AM ]
Aldridge has become a different player since the first game against the Warriors when he didn't show up. Ever since that game, he has been playing more aggressive and been a bigger part all around.

I just think he still won't be able to handle Draymond or Draymond will be able to handle him. Going to be a huge test on whether or not we can compete/beat the Warriors: can Aldridge come out aggressive and have success vs Green.
f**k!
f**k!

Makes the win over the Warriors meaningless.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Ouch.
One day later:

f**k!!!
Thanks Spurs! I think loss pretty much locks the #1 seed for the Warriors. Seems so unlikely that San Antonio can make up 4 games with just 12 to go against a team with a 63-7 record. Spurs-Thunder matchup in Rd2 could be epic.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Thanks Spurs! I think loss pretty much locks the #1 seed for the Warriors. Seems so unlikely that San Antonio can make up 4 games with just 12 to go against a team with a 63-7 record. Spurs-Thunder matchup in Rd2 could be epic.

Going to be a fun playoffs to watch. Just a note: so much is talked about how the Warriors beat the Spurs in SA in the playoffs but not much is being talked about that the Spurs also beat the Warriors in Oakland during that same series.
[ Edited by Joecool on Mar 22, 2016 at 2:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone