LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Can the niners have a rugby team

Can the niners have a rugby team

We do now.
:(
This new PRO league seem to be a good thing. It will start in april so I could live with NFL from september to january, NFL draft and FA from january to april and then PRO league from april to june/july/august.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
This new PRO league seem to be a good thing. It will start in april so I could live with NFL from september to january, NFL draft and FA from january to april and then PRO league from april to june/july/august.
keeps footy a whole season longer
[ Edited by 4x4niner on Jan 16, 2016 at 9:39 PM ]
I hope they show it on cable aust. would like to watch the differing style and what kind of crowd numbers they will get.
I actually don't think the field at Levis is big enough for the world standard. Couple of metres short or something.

Would love to see American rugby get stronger - Same with Japan & Canada.
Originally posted by AUniner:
I actually don't think the field at Levis is big enough for the world standard. Couple of metres short or something.

if thats the case i think they can realign the in-goal area to be shorter in length on both opposing sides, rugby league fields in England differ in that way to the longer length in-goal areas of the australian ones, but under rugby union international rules the measurements in length and width must be adhered to around the world so that might pose a problem. But if soldier field is the same length as levi then should be no problem. Also yes when the new league or precisely union gets underway it will grow in popularity in the nfl off season.
[ Edited by 4x4niner on Jan 18, 2016 at 5:57 PM ]
Originally posted by 4x4niner:

if thats the case i think they can realign the in-goal area to be shorter in length on both opposing sides, rugby league fields in England differ in that way to the longer length in-goal areas of the australian ones, but under rugby union international rules the measurements in length and width must be adhered to around the world so that might pose a problem.

They could do the work but I would think it highly unlikely unless the World Cup Soccer or RWC comes to the US.
Originally posted by 4x4niner:

if thats the case i think they can realign the in-goal area to be shorter in length on both opposing sides, rugby league fields in England differ in that way to the longer length in-goal areas of the australian ones, but under rugby union international rules the measurements in length and width must be adhered to around the world so that might pose a problem.

They could do the work but I would think it highly unlikely unless the World Cup Soccer or RWC comes to the US.
if the new league proves to be succesful in the coming years then it shouldnt be a problem mounting a bid, i reckon in the 2020s would be a stage to get it.
April just around the corner C'MON JED PUT A TEAM IN THE NEW LEAGUE COMP!!
  • Jiks
It may work but it would take decades to get popular. Just like soccer. We Americans are too stubborn to give in to outside sports.

Originally posted by Jiks:
It may work but it would take decades to get popular. Just like soccer. We Americans are too stubborn to give in to outside sports.
understand that but to genuinely compete against the world would attract attention to beat the best.
Hey maybe JT can coach a 49ers rugby team? Yes? No? uh uh nooo wayyy!
Mcgoolies? Nah!
Hayne will be under contract for both niners and the SF rugby team.
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Hayne will be under contract for both niners and the SF rugby team.
yeah would be awesome, hayne playing for the San 49ers rugby team if yorkie puts a team in.
Share 49ersWebzone