There are 177 users in the forums

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
WTF got into Rubio? Did he finally develop a jump shot?

great game for him tonight
I think Byron stuck with the lineup that started the 4th too long. They were obviously struggling and he just left them out there to lose the lead. If he got Randle out there a little earlier I think he could've stopped the bleeding.
Meh
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think Byron stuck with the lineup that started the 4th too long. They were obviously struggling and he just left them out there to lose the lead. If he got Randle out there a little earlier I think he could've stopped the bleeding.

I agree. To me that made no sense. They were hard to watch. I know Kobe didn't have the best game but surprising to not see him take that shot.
Shoulda let Kobe get the shot. lol

• jrg
  • Veteran
Val is awake
Wait a f**king minute we lost? What happened in the fourth? I had to leave the house.
Originally posted by jrg:
Val is awake

Im at work
When Byron Scott is fired he can come work for the Niners

Motherf**k. Gave that to them at the end despite the fact they were giving us the game for the first 2.5 quarters. I suppose it was only right we returned the favor.

What the hell is our offensive scheme? Do we have one? It looks so scattered and there's way too much confusion about where guys are supposed to be. Very little ball movement. I don't think Kobe made his first pass until the 4th quarter.

D-Lo looked timid and non-existent on the court at times. To be expected. I'd like to see us find him more if we're going to not run the show through him when he's on the court. He's a great shooter. Work him off the ball. Otherwise, give him the ball and let him do his thing. He made some good passes, a couple of which our bigs weren't ready for. GET READY FOR THEM DAMNIT.

Not sure how I feel about the roster rotations. Huertas/Russell/Clarkson are all guys who should have the ball in their hands. Bryant/Lou/Young should be tried as slashers/shooters surrounding our ball handlers. Randle, loved his energy. Wasn't finishing but loved the energy. Hibbert was great on the glass, especially on the offensive side of things. Just needs to finish.

I want Kelly cut. I just don't like him.

Happy that Sacre got no PT.

Defensive rotations weren't actually all that bad. Rubio scorched us. But honestly, our freaking ISO-ball devolution of offensive basketball at the end was just terrible. Tough to watch and just confusing. I mean, we didn't have great ball movement in the first half but at least there was some PnRs, some cutting off the ball, SOMETHING. Kobe taking 13 3's? Don't get me wrong, some of them were open looks. But God damnit dude.

I know the score was close but man I can't help but think this was a more disappointing effort than the score may lead us to believe. It's an 82 game season though and we're just looking for progress game over game. Tonight we put the benchmark down. The bar has been set. Time to raise it.
Rubio was just amazing. If he can shoot like this consistently, then he has to be considered then one of the better PGs in the league.

Pretty upset with Kobe though, this is not the way he said he was going to play, and was much more of a play maker during the preseason. He doesn't need to shoot the ball 25 times anymore, and I hope Byron lets him know that AGAIN. 15 shots a game is more than enough.

And having Russel out there with Kobe and Clarkson doesn't make sense either. Russel needs to have the ball in his hands more, not only because he's our best passer out there, but he needs to develop.
@gameover

i was just happy that Byron let the players shoot 3s and was spacing the floor. i'm not gonna expect a Spurs like offense from Byron. but ya, hopefully we have more in our playbook then just iso, iso, iso, iso.
Yeah in a game where the young guys really showed up, Kobe looked terrible out there. He needs to play a lot more efficiently.

I wouldn't mind Marcelo starting actually and playing Russell on the second unit to create more for Lou and Young. I know he wasn't very efficient with the second line, I believe in time it'll work out.
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Oct 29, 2015 at 7:46 AM ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Yeah in a game where the young guys really showed up, Kobe looked terrible out there. He needs to play a lot more efficiently.

I wouldn't mind Marcelo starting actually and playing Russell on the second unit to create more for Lou and Young. I know he wasn't very efficient with the second line, I believe in time it'll work out.

well, you know Kobe won't come off the bench, so either Clarkson or Russel needs to. it sucked to see Russel play last night, the guy rarely got to touch the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone