LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Which rugby/league players could possibly excel in the NFL? Lets have the discussion

Seems any time this topic comes up people are quick to quash it and say "lets just focus on hayne", but for those of us who are intrigued by exploring the idea here is a thread.

My top candidate, especially if he was younger, has to be GI, even more so than hayne who would have been second on my list. You can say tuivasa sheck this and Israel Folau that but seriously no one has a highlight reel like this, including hayne-

The things he can do are freakish by any standard anywhere ever. Might go in and out of games and go missing on occassion but that just seems all the more perfect for the NFL. I actually think he could be a Tight End or outside linebacker, his choice.

I have a lot more to say on the topic but just want to open the discussion for now.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
ANOTHER RUGBY THREAD

I didn't realise there was 1 thread per sport in the other sports subforum.
You should have posted the related links:

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/15144/which-rugby-players-have-the-skills-to-join-jarryd-hayne-in-nfl
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/rugby-world-cup/rugby-world-cup-2015-jarryd-haynes-nfl-agent-jack-bechta-scouring-for-nfl-recruits-20150922-gjspxr.html

Originally posted by jrg:
ANOTHER RUGBY THREAD

He does have a point, when the dust settles & we find out who is here long term & who drops out...

We should probably tidy up the Rugby code threads & have a Rugby League General Thread & a Rugby Union General Thread... Only starting a fresh one when the new season rolls around.

Similar to the Soccer 15/16 Thread & College Football Thread…
I'll go with a younger Michael Jennings at RB... (RL)
Also younger Digby Ioane at RB... (RU)
Both shorter than Hayne, but still powerfully built...
Both in my opinion have better acceleration off the mark & faster feet in tight traffic...

Their ability to learn the game, who knows?
But both have better natural abilities that suit the position, imo.
This is a very specific topic not really related to the actual codes of rugby or their seasons or teams so would be out of place in any general rugby thread. If you're not interested in the topic don't join in. Pretty simple.
[ Edited by Tonedog on Sep 25, 2015 at 9:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Tonedog:
This is a very specific topic not really related to the actual codes of rugby or their seasons or teams so would be out of place in any general rugby thread. If you're not interested in the topic don't join in. Pretty simple.

I said when the dust settles by which I basically mean in the future... Unfortunately on this forum it is Rugby related as only people who know Rugby can answer the question... It would fit perfectly fine into a general discussion thread, as they're basically misc threads where anything goes...

Right now we have the following threads in Other Sports:
RL Finals
RWC
NRL Mic'd up
Brief intro to Rugby (I asked for this to be turned into the RWC thread, but someone else made a separate thread.)
Manly Sea Eagles
League v Union

If we didn't have so much clutter it wouldn't be an issue...

However it's still not really an issue, I was just suggesting in the future we should be mindful of such things...

Also I answered...

Michael Jennings (RL)
Digby Ioane (RU)
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Sep 25, 2015 at 10:36 PM ]
ANOTHER RUGBY THREAD

Its not.
  • FAS33
  • Veteran
Rugby League and Union is for girls. NFL is where it's at.
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:

Right now we have the following threads in Other Sports:
RL Finals
RWC
NRL Mic'd up
Brief intro to Rugby (I asked for this to be turned into the RWC thread, but someone else made a separate thread.)
Manly Sea Eagles
League v Union

If we didn't have so much clutter it wouldn't be an issue...

I will probably change the NRL finals thread into "The Rugby League Thread" when finals are over for more of a general league discussion

On topic... Id like to see RTS and Micheal Jennings have a go.. Greg Inglis in his earlier days... If NFL fans like big hits, stiff arms and guys trucking over people.. GI is the man

[ Edited by growlzee on Sep 27, 2015 at 4:11 AM ]

quote=FAS33]Rugby League and Union is for girls. NFL is where it's at.

Hey fas have u ever played the game, league or union? Maybe u can play in the female competition and I'll bet they'll kick ur arse and leave u for dead u wouldnt last 5 minutes and youll be huffing and puffing for breath or having a heart attack as it is an endurance sport and not a 5 second game with a drinks stop after every play.
[ Edited by dazlendazle on Sep 27, 2015 at 4:18 AM ]
Originally posted by J_Train:
ANOTHER RUGBY THREAD

Its not.

It actually is. Merge this with same identical thread in the PL or vice versa.
Roger Tuivasa Sheck age 22 fullback for the Roosters, speed freak agile awesome stepper.
  • FAS33
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dazlendazle:
Originally posted by FAS33:
Rugby League and Union is for girls. NFL is where it's at.

Hey fas have u ever played the game, league or union? Maybe u can play in the female competition and I'll bet they'll kick ur arse and leave u for dead u wouldnt last 5 minutes and youll be huffing and puffing for breath or having a heart attack as it is an endurance sport and not a 5 second game with a drinks stop after every play.

Yeah I play inside center for my team. Just taking the piss lol
Second rower number 4 uuummm many years ago when i had a 6pack instead of a couple of cartons.
Share 49ersWebzone