LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Crikey it's the Cricket Thread

This is interesting re winning away in cricket - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42590656

Seems to show that it's no harder than before, the main difference now may be that there is no elite side like the Windies (70/80s) or Aussies (90/00s) who would smash everyone everywhere.
Originally posted by babarvaart:
This is interesting re winning away in cricket - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42590656

Seems to show that it's no harder than before, the main difference now may be that there is no elite side like the Windies (70/80s) or Aussies (90/00s) who would smash everyone everywhere.

Very interesting article, thanks for posting. I happen to agree with it and expressed some of it's main points in a recent post.

I still think that the top test teams have enough talent to win away but aren't given the time to adequately prepare for the conditions they'll face. As the article states, better competition in warm up matches would also help.
Originally posted by Zealot:
I still think that the top test teams have enough talent to win away but aren't given the time to adequately prepare for the conditions they'll face. As the article states, better competition in warm up matches would also help.

yep I agree with this, gone are the days of getting there 6 weeks before the first test.
Originally posted by babarvaart:
yep I agree with this, gone are the days of getting there 6 weeks before the first test.

Now Ravi Shastri has declared that more preparation time was needed for India on their SA tour. If enough coaches and players voice such opinions maybe it will happen down the road.
Now Ravi Shastri has declared that more preparation time was needed for India on their SA tour. If enough coaches and players voice such opinions maybe it will happen down the road.

Haha, that's like when they did not want to do DRS until they got a s**tty decision.

Not sure it will happen because money, longer tours = less tours = less money
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Damn that under-19 Indian team is something. Seems to have 1 world-class batsman and couple of 18 years old bowing at 90mph.

Bent everyone over the table (Australia twice) and didn't let up even after finishing inside. Domination. Rape mode.
Aus well on top against SA in first test at Kingsmead.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Well, this is embarrassing.
Originally posted by 4ML:

Definitely Australian cricket's lowest point since Trevor Chappell bowled underarm. Steve Smith should lose his job over this.
[ Edited by LockyersLeftBoot on Mar 24, 2018 at 2:29 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LockyersLeftBoot:

Definitely Australian cricket's lowest point since Trevor Chappell bowled underarm. Steve Smith should lose his job over this.

I don't know what they were thinking. I've to believe that it's almost impossible to get away with this these days with so many cameras focused on the players and the ball.

Maybe I'm wrong - maybe players do get away with this and therefore some are still trying

I don't know what they were thinking. I've to believe that it's almost impossible to get away with this these days with so many cameras focused on the players and the ball.

Maybe I'm wrong - maybe players do get away with this and therefore some are still trying

I agree mate. How one of the senior player group didn't go "Hang on guys, this stupid s#it. Pull your heads in" is beyond me. Bancroft will cop his punishment, as he should, but Smith, Warner anyone else that has their fingerprints on this mess should go too.

Smith can't play this off as an error of judgement. An error of judgement was looking at the player box when considering calling for DRS. This is a colossal fvckup and a massive black eye for Australian cricket.
Just...wow!

Appears that with SA likely to go 2-1 up, the "leadership group" has decided that cheating was the only way to stay in the game and series. Better to lose fair and square with humility than destroy your credibility and potentially risk your career over a game.
[ Edited by Zealot on Mar 24, 2018 at 6:45 PM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Just...wow!

Appears that with SA likely to go 2-1 up, the "leadership group" has decided that cheating was the only way to stay in the game and series. Better to lose fair and square with humility than destroy your credibility and potentially risk your career over a game.

Smith and the other cheats must be banned for life if Australian Cricket is to gain any credibility.
Smith and Warner have both stood down prior to the resumption of play on day 4. Sensational!
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
Smith and the other cheats must be banned for life if Australian Cricket is to gain any credibility.

Smith and Warner have both stood down prior to the resumption of play on day 4. Sensational!

Such a bad look for Australian sport . There is no hosing down the significance of this error in judgement.
Better to have lost with dignity. Now there is no winning, win or loose!
And bright yellow tape...Worlds dumbest
Share 49ersWebzone