LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

The Rugby Union General Discussion thread

To the high court they go...
Australia Vs New Zealand
Go the All Blacks!
1st half was the best for the ABs haven't seen that in ages! But the wallabies crawled back to make it 34-54 win to the ABs. Beale showing slick control at the second half comeback, kuridrani solid 8n his straight runs. Kurtis Rona for wallabies made his debut try. Folau in his beast mode but just not there yet.

As for the ABs, everything went their way especially on the wallabies mistakes. Passes and spacing were the errors either too early or late. Missing some old heads, but good on the rookies.
Just watched Hansen's remarks, he did not look satisfyingly happy, more like questioning on did he choose right with the rookies and did they make an impact when they came on, well..that's my take on it.

Cheika on the other hand, probably expected his team to perform on set pieces and defense improvement for next weekend.
Aussie rugby is in a bad way, 4x4. Both on the field & off the field, tbh I feel the fix is a long way off.

The Bledisloe will be likely gone for another year after this weekend. Making it what, 14 years?

Fans are giving up on the game in OZ with hardly anyone watching the wobs play on TV. It's a sad state.

I'm hoping South Africa really push us, because the Rugby Championship will be a completed dud if the don't.

I miss the Lions Tour already. The rugby was brilliant. Sadly we might not see any truly competitive rugby until we travel up north again.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Aug 24, 2017 at 1:19 AM ]
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Just watched Hansen's remarks, he did not look satisfyingly happy, more like questioning on did he choose right with the rookies and did they make an impact when they came on, well..that's my take on it.

Cheika on the other hand, probably expected his team to perform on set pieces and defense improvement for next weekend.

I'd say the 2nd half performance from NZ was a case of the classic big lead switch off. It happens in every sport...

Put it this way, AUS fought back hard & scored a lot of points in the 2nd, but the margin was still 20 points at FT.

I don't think the Wallabies have a hope in hell this week...

Reasons:

Playing in NZ, on a dry track, under the roof.

Facing a NZ team that would have got a rev up for their performance in 2nd half.

Playing a NZ team that has the chance to wrap the Bledisloe up for another year.

Facing a NZ team the same week possibly their greatest ever player Colin Meads passed away. (You know the ABs will be out to win it for Pinetree.)
Well, Wallabies fans should be proud of that performance in the 2nd test. Hopefully they can continue to play like that throughout the remainder of the season.

Brilliant game

PS... Beale totally dominated SBW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also...

Sublime second half secures Women's World Cup for Black Ferns:

The Black Ferns are world champions once again.

A dominant second half display saw them wrestle the title off England as they beat the defending champions 41-32 in the Women's World Cup final in Ireland on Sunday.

It was their fifth title following on from 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010.

... Congratulations to the NZ Womens Rugby Team. Champions once again.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Sep 1, 2017 at 4:06 AM ]
The start to the 2017/18 Aviva has been outstanding. Close games every week.

(WK 1)

(WK 2)

(WK 3)

(WK 4)

(WK 5)

(WK 6)
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Oct 8, 2017 at 6:20 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone