LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

The Rugby Union General Discussion thread

Chiefs just didnt bring it, Canes full of redbull, and Im still gonna believe whoever takes tonights 2nd semi will be walloped. Dissapointed with the crowd numbers, good sufficient atmosphere, but plenty of yellow space, maybe the chief fans went home early?
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Last season I liked some of what Hayne was achieving but the media was driving us all mental especially fox.... And they are still,true to form.

I am speculating that if Hayne and his mangers had dealt with the media properly and given them so much room speculate that it would be no where near as bad reporting. The agents involved and Heinz I reckon just stoked the fire to sell merchandise etc.

That dribbler that lived with Jerry through it all must be a proper douche bag.

His preseason was outstanding & it rightfully earned him a spot on a depleted 49ers roster... However it was essentially the job interview stage, he still had heaps to prove to remain with the 53.

Unfortunately that preseason performance sent our already rabid local media into overdrive... From that point on his media coverage has almost been unbearably.

He is continually digging the hole deeper.

It is putting Union and league in perspective for me since a few teams have been falling over themselves to sign the dribbler. Although Waratahs were smart or did not want to pay what he wanted.

League boof heads are showing their true colours. I doubt whoever picks him up will get value for money now.
^^You mentioned the above in the "Hayne Quit Thread," Rabbits...

I have no problem with RL clubs falling over Hayne, he earned that with his performances on the field... To rugby union & NFL clubs he is an unproven commodity & in no way deserves preferential treatment.
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Chiefs just didnt bring it, Canes full of redbull, and Im still gonna believe whoever takes tonights 2nd semi will be walloped. Dissapointed with the crowd numbers, good sufficient atmosphere, but plenty of yellow space, maybe the chief fans went home early?

I ain't even mad, 4x4... Happy for the Canes tbh.

Now they just need to go out & win the damn thing next week.

C'MON CANES!!!
Originally posted by Zealot:
Now all we need is Mundine to chime in with an, "I done told y'all I was the greatest ever athalete!" (sic)

Lol, Zeal... Truth is he has better claim to it.

The main reason I can't stand it is because in his own words he has played "8 minutes" of football the past two years... There is no way in hell he should be put over other dual sport/code athletes on anybody's list.

Israel Folau was in the same boat until he proved himself a force in rugby... Now you have no choice but to take your hat off to him. Elite in two sports.

Mike Pyke who was a Canadian International & European club rugby union player, came to Australia & played six years / 110 games in the AFL... He's the type of guy the title dual sport athlete should be reserved for.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Jul 30, 2016 at 3:27 AM ]
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Now all we need is Mundine to chime in with an, "I done told y'all I was the greatest ever athalete!" (sic)

Lol, Zeal... Truth is he has better claim to it.

The main reason I can't stand it is because in his own words he has played "8 minutes" of football the past two years... There is no way in hell he should be put over other dual sport/code athletes on anybodies list.

Israel Folau was in the same boat until he proved himself a force in rugby... Now you have no choice but to take your hat off to him. Elite in two sports.

Mike Pyke who was a Canadian International & European club rugby union player, came to Australia & played six years / 110 games in the AFL... He's the type of guy the title dual sport athlete should be reserved for.

Yep, that's why I posted and what worries me, ha!

No question on those other two. Hats off to the both of them.
Yep, that's why I posted and what worries me, ha!

No question on those other two. Hats off to the both of them.

He needs to pick a sport... League or Union & stick at it, play well & achieve something.

This free publicity he has been receiving is angering a lot of people.

Majority of comments I see around the interwebz share that same sentiment.
Perenara vs tjanties. Both sides fast and mobile at the front, highlanders kicked too much for realestate instead of holding the ball and grinding the lions off their feet, hungry are how they played unlike the landers who were passengers until the last 5 minutes.
Perenara vs tjanties. Both sides fast and mobile at the front, highlanders kicked too much for realestate instead of holding the ball and grinding the lions off their feet, hungry are how they played unlike the landers who were passengers until the last 5 minutes.

That travel factor was always going to be too much for the Highlanders... In consecutive weeks they travelled to (South Africa / Argentina / New Zealand / Australia / South Africa) ... Considering NFL teams often complain about the travel factor to London or from the west coast to the east, it was an amazing effort to make it that far.

It will be interesting to see whether the Lions tactic of resting all their starting players for the game in Argentina & sacrificing home ground advantage for an extra week's rest & one less game of long distance travel, pays off?

Another interesting note is the Lions have beaten all the NZ teams they lost to earlier in the season, during this finals series.

They lost to the Hurricanes 50/17 in South Africa ealier in the year.

Although apparently a team that travels across the Indian Ocean for a final has never won.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Jul 30, 2016 at 8:44 PM ]
Canes to take them out and lift the cup!

God, I want this to happen so much for Wellington (Canes) fans... Wellington is like the Cleveland of NZ, they suffer so much with disappointment.

Hopefully this is their time... Lions have to travel, but have had an extra week's rest... Both teams are in fine form.

Canes need to draw on the energy of the local support.

Canes defence has been outstanding though, no tries in the past two weeks. And you know they say defence wins championships.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All Blacks team has been named, but I'll put it up after the final (When the Canes players are included) ... SBW will be back after RIo.

Wallaby team named too... I'll put it up later today. (Edit... My bad it is only the train on squad, the final squad will be announced next week... I'll post that one when it is released).
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Aug 3, 2016 at 6:10 AM ]

Why are there no Aussie teams left in the super comp?

I see you didn't bother entering tips last week, 4x4... I picked both winners & this week we are both picking the same team so let's just call me the overall 2016 SR tipping champ... Shall we

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They all had a bad year, Rabbits... It's as simple as that, none of the Australian teams deserved to be anywhere near the final.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Aug 3, 2016 at 6:03 AM ]
2016 - SR - SF - Results

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2016 - Super Rugby - Final - (AEST)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My tip...

Go Hurricanes
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Aug 3, 2016 at 6:04 AM ]
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:

I see you didn't bother entering tips last week, 4x4... I picked both winners & this week we are both picking the same team so let's just call me the overall 2016 SR tipping champ... Shall we

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They all had a bad year, Rabbits... It's as simple as that, none of the Australian teams deserved to be anywhere near the final.
I did sporto, im sure i did my tips...somewhere?
I did sporto, im sure i did my tips...somewhere?
Okay Hurricanes
Highlanders

Hurricanes to win the Grandfinal.
32-27
Sorry, 4x4... May bad, I apologise...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4x4 - QF (3/4) - SF (1/2) / Total - [4/6] -//- (Lions got you twice, 4x4... They play at altitude which is a huge advantage for them).
Sport - QF (4/4) - SF (2/2) / Total - [6/6]
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Aug 4, 2016 at 1:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone