LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Boxing or Soccer?

Boxing or Soccer?

Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think boxing requires more stamina and is more tiring when they are boxing. The breaks between round definitely help though. Over a 12 round fight and a fighter who throws a lot of punches I think you will feel a lot more exhausted than a soccer game.

You've played and experienced both, or are you just guessing?

I've played soccer as a teen at an elite level, competing in state and regional tournaments against some of the top teams in the country. I played midfielder too so that sucked cause you do run a whole lot but I've done the light sparring at the time I was at my peak conditioning shape and I would get more tired from the sparring than I would from soccer. Granted I was throwing a lot of punches but I also think it was a combination of also being hit that takes a toll on the body too.

Good input

It's good input from one side of the argument. I played at an elite level at soccer through childhood and teens, from traveling teams to Olympic development teams. I also did light sparring at my peak fitness and it was extremely tiring. The thing that is looked over is while I and ea were at peak fitness for soccer, we weren't even considered amateurs at boxing. Strapping on some gloves while in good shape doesn't instantly make you ready to do some real boxing. In the same way that a boxer can't just strap on some cleats and he's instantly able to run for 120 minutes straight, while maintaining proper stamina to control the ball and use your legs at a high level to do what you have to do with the ball. Anybody can just run around a field during a game, but actually contributing with proper skill is a whole different thing. The 2 sports aren't really comparable as they are so different from each other.
I think boxing requires more stamina and is more tiring when they are boxing. The breaks between round definitely help though. Over a 12 round fight and a fighter who throws a lot of punches I think you will feel a lot more exhausted than a soccer game.

You've played and experienced both, or are you just guessing?

I've played soccer as a teen at an elite level, competing in state and regional tournaments against some of the top teams in the country. I played midfielder too so that sucked cause you do run a whole lot but I've done the light sparring at the time I was at my peak conditioning shape and I would get more tired from the sparring than I would from soccer. Granted I was throwing a lot of punches but I also think it was a combination of also being hit that takes a toll on the body too.

Good input

It's good input from one side of the argument. I played at an elite level at soccer through childhood and teens, from traveling teams to Olympic development teams. I also did light sparring at my peak fitness and it was extremely tiring. The thing that is looked over is while I and ea were at peak fitness for soccer, we weren't even considered amateurs at boxing. Strapping on some gloves while in good shape doesn't instantly make you ready to do some real boxing. In the same way that a boxer can't just strap on some cleats and he's instantly able to run for 120 minutes straight, while maintaining proper stamina to control the ball and use your legs at a high level to do what you have to do with the ball. Anybody can just run around a field during a game, but actually contributing with proper skill is a whole different thing. The 2 sports aren't really comparable as they are so different from each other.

Good point, both sports are different، and we can agree that both require terrific stamina and endurance
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Neither
Originally posted by jimrat:
Neither

The answer "neither" doesn't apply to this question. The question is which sport do you believe is harder and requires more skill and endurance. Not which sport do you like more.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Neither

The answer "neither" doesn't apply to this question. The question is which sport do you believe is harder and requires more skill and endurance. Not which sport do you like more.

maybe he's saying neither sport requires endurance or skill ?
Just my opinion.

Soccer players are born with natural talent(Messi,Christiano)

Boxing you can teach them to be Superstars.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Just my opinion.

This and you can feed a boxer weak ass opponents to pad wins.
Soccers a sport for women.....
We Americans hate on sports that we suck at.

Step it up.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Sep 15, 2015 at 2:00 PM ]
Boxing > Soccer

Well....Tim Cahill plays soccer and when he scores a goal he runs to the corner flag
and shadow boxes it!
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Well....Tim Cahill plays soccer and when he scores a goal he runs to the corner flag
and shadow boxes it!

Lol thanks for that input
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Just my opinion.

This and you can feed a boxer weak ass opponents to pad wins.

Not true at all, some boxers are naturally gifted
and shadow boxes it!

no probs faith, check it out on u tube!
and shadow boxes it!

no probs faith, check it out on u tube!

Share 49ersWebzone