LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 17/18

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
lol don't the seahawks and 49ers swap players all the time?

Not the players either teams badly wants to keep or lose sleep over if they were to leave.

I did say top players and even top players can leave if their original team thinks they're a luxury and can't really afford.

That was not the case with the players Dortmund lost to Bayern - and we knew a year in advance that they'll be leaving for Bayern. I don't know - something about that doesn't sit right with me.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 31, 2015 at 7:40 PM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Wolfsburg over Bayern 6-5 (penalties) for the Super Cup

Apparently the Super Cup does not use extra time, they just go straight to penalties if tied after 90 minutes, which is kind of disappointing. With Wolfsburg scoring in the 88th minute I thought we were going to have a really exciting extra time period. Nope, straight to PK's, which I do not really enjoy.

Both Bayern and Wolfsburg looked pretty rusty. Several missed goal opportunities on both sides. De Bruyne missed a goal on an empty net lolz. Lots of just slighty off passing on both sides. Good warm up though. By the end of the game things were getting better.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Did get this gem from Neuer lol

https://twitter.com/lukezim/status/627552882661785600/video/1

And yes, he headed that away
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
It's only a friendly tourney, but it's still nice to lift a trophy at the end

Meh, we already lifted 2 this preseason. Helped Bayern that Benzema and Cristiano didn't even make the trip, and Bale didn't even play in this match. Kroos looked good though, can tell he really wanted to score versus his old team. Isco as always was great. Just don't know how Benitez can sit him this year, he's been our best player all preseason.

Lewandowski whiffing on an easy goal was bad, luckily he made up for it in the end. Costa looked really good for you guys, good signing by Bayern.

All in all, hope we meet up later in the CL.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Meh, we already lifted 2 this preseason. Helped Bayern that Benzema and Cristiano didn't even make the trip, and Bale didn't even play in this match. Kroos looked good though, can tell he really wanted to score versus his old team. Isco as always was great. Just don't know how Benitez can sit him this year, he's been our best player all preseason.

Lewandowski whiffing on an easy goal was bad, luckily he made up for it in the end. Costa looked really good for you guys, good signing by Bayern.

Yes...this! Please...please meet each other in the QFs.

What's up with ManU desperately tryin' to signing anyone they can from Real? Apparently they've tried to sign Ronaldo, Bale, Ramos, Pepe...

Will probably settle for Pedro - to replace Di Maria lol
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Messi.....
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Messi.....

Showing Neymar how to act on the field..lol

Seriously...wtf was that?!? I've never seen that from him before. I'm gonna give him some benefit of doubt and hope something happened before that. But...still that was pretty fukin' stupid - never expected him to behave like that.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 4ML:
Messi.....

Seriously...wtf was that?!? I've never seen that from him before. I'm gonna give him some benefit of doubt and hope something happened before that. But...still that was pretty fukin' stupid - never expected him to behave like that.

Yeah I've never seen him snap like that.....we all have our moments but damn dude....
Messi.....

Yeah I've never seen him snap like that.....we all have our moments but damn dude....

Apparently he was saying racial slurs towards Roma's player and the Roma player got sick of it and spat at him. Or somes**t like that.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Messi.....

Apparently he was saying racial slurs towards Roma's player and the Roma player got sick of it and spat at him. Or somes**t like that.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol I guess that may have happened but it seemed like the dude ran straight into Messi couple of times to stop him from making a run and didn't get called for a foul. Messi lost his cool and started walking towards him after a whistle. That Roma player lowered his head - then Messi thought of a brilliant idea of head-butting a bigger guy and grabbing his neck.

The altercation seemed more about unnecessary physical play from the Roma player in a fukin' friendly.

Though - there is no way to hear what they were saying to each other on TV - so it's possible...but at least as I was watching the game - it looked like Messi went potato because the Roma player ran into him pretty hard couple of times in a friendly.

What's up with ManU desperately tryin' to signing anyone they can from Real? Apparently they've tried to sign Ronaldo, Bale, Ramos, Pepe...

ManU forgot that they are Real's minor league team and has it twisted. They've lost their minds this season thinking they can get everyone at Real to come there. One offer they gave Real was De Gea for Navas + Ramos and still wanted 30 million Euros lmao.
lol I guess that may have happened but it seemed like the dude ran straight into Messi couple of times to stop him from making a run and didn't get called for a foul. Messi lost his cool and started walking towards him after a whistle. That Roma player lowered his head - then Messi thought of a brilliant idea of head-butting a bigger guy and grabbing his neck.

The altercation seemed more about unnecessary physical play from the Roma player in a fukin' friendly.

Though - there is no way to hear what they were saying to each other on TV - so it's possible...but at least as I was watching the game - it looked like Messi went potato because the Roma player ran into him pretty hard couple of times in a friendly.

was reading through some soccer forums earlier today to find out more about this, and apparently Royston Drenthe said he would always find it highly uncomfortable to play against Messi, not because he was so talented, but because he would always hurl racial slurs his way. I think the paper that was quoted was Marca, and I believe thats a Madrid based paper, so who knows if its true.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

ManU forgot that they are Real's minor league team and has it twisted. They've lost their minds this season thinking they can get everyone at Real to come there. One offer they gave Real was De Gea for Navas + Ramos and still wanted 30 million Euros lmao.

lol this. I honestly didn't know Van Gaal was this delusional. This is what he has always done - he insults the best players on his team...so they want to leave. To, replace them - he goes after bigger players...who will clash with him even more. It makes zero sense.

He is doing same s**t in summer now. Goes after players from big clubs...(like Bayern)...they tell him to f**k off already - so his obvious response is to - start bidding on players from the biggest club? lol...even ManCity fans are making fun of ManU tryin' to sign guys they have no shot at. He has no fukin' plan - just tryin' to keep his name in the media.
Share 49ersWebzone