LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 17/18

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by jrg:
Talks of STL getting a soccer team. Guess I gotta get into soccer?

Just start watching games and you'll start learning and loving it
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 4ML:
Btw...this still shocks me - Leicester City at the top of EPL in Feb. I thought they'll fall off by now.

Yeah it looks like they are for real haha.

Bayern with a win today, but you expect that over one of the bottom teams. Lost Javi again to a knee injury, but Joshua Kimmich looks to be a huge up and coming talent. He played at RB today while Lahm moved to mid, and he was excellent.
Vrabbit, what do you know about Adalberto Peñaranda? Know he plays at Granada, but I admittedly have never seen him play. Apparently broke Messi's La Liga record for youngest foreign player to score a brace. Saw he signed with Watford and was loaned back to Granada. Andrew Gaffney, La Liga writter for Yahoo Sports, says it was a great signing for them. Is he the future star for the Venezuelan National Team?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Btw...this still shocks me - Leicester City at the top of EPL in Feb. I thought they'll fall off by now.

Bayern with a win today, but you expect that over one of the bottom teams. Lost Javi again to a knee injury, but Joshua Kimmich looks to be a huge up and coming talent. He played at RB today while Lahm moved to mid, and he was excellent.

I didn't know who Kimmich was - just read up about him a little on the web and looks like a very good signing.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
So finally it's official. Pep to ManCity. ManC vs. Real vs. ManU vs. Chelsea in summer transfer period is gonna be fun to watch.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Janitor:

I didn't know who Kimmich was - just read up about him a little on the web and looks like a very good signing.

He has been mostly getting sub work while he learns. With all the defensive injuries though it might be time for him to show what he's got.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
So finally it's official. Pep to ManCity. ManC vs. Real vs. ManU vs. Chelsea in summer transfer period is gonna be fun to watch.

How many billions this year
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Vrabbit, what do you know about Adalberto Peñaranda? Know he plays at Granada, but I admittedly have never seen him play. Apparently broke Messi's La Liga record for youngest foreign player to score a brace. Saw he signed with Watford and was loaned back to Granada. Andrew Gaffney, La Liga writter for Yahoo Sports, says it was a great signing for them. Is he the future star for the Venezuelan National Team?

Got to see the kid play vs Real Madrid, it was only one game, but I thought he played very well. Looks like he has a bright future.
Tim cahill axed from the chinese club shangai shengua just after signing a 3 month contract extension. Apparently the new coach gregorio manzano has no plans for cahill in his team. Well manzano hope you burn your pasta in the wok you f**k!!!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Tim cahill axed from the chinese club shangai shengua just after signing a 3 month contract extension. Apparently the new coach gregorio manzano has no plans for cahill in his team. Well manzano hope you burn your pasta in the wok you f**k!!!

Whoa, someone who follows Chinese super league? We're branching out in here!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Lol wtf Chinese league?
Its called chinese superleague CFL foundf 2004 teams 16. Shanghai shenua had a 10 mill contract with tim cahill which was renewed but the new coach axed him dont know why piss me off! Teams can be relegated to the domestic chinese FA.
New update, he aint jumping out of the wok yet, will be staying to join another! Hopefully he chooses the southern tigers, guangzhou evergrande fc, only team to win twice 2013/15 also first ever asian club to compete at the 2013 fifa club worldcup tourney.
4x4, I'm going to assume you're an Aussie? Seem to be a big Cahill fan.

On a side note, the Chinese League went crazy this transfer window signing players for huge money. Puts MLS to shame. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10169919/chinese-super-league-transfer-window-all-you-need-to-know-about-footballs-fastest-growing-economy
It will eventually if not override every sport
that pays the big dosh. And yes a hayne fan. Also interesting will ferrell part owner of LA FC. Thats just gonna make laughs to the bank.
Share 49ersWebzone