There are 247 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 17/18

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by 4ML:
What is going on with Juve & Chelsea?!?

Hm?

Ah just caught up with the scoreboard. Couple of upsets for sure. I can understand juves issues a little because they lost some good talent. Dunno whats up with chelsea.

Also, I see De bruyne went to man city for another record fee.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Looks like West Brom is closing in on Matt Phillips from QPR (I know nothing about him) and Victor Moses from Chelsea which would be a good get. Both are wingers and would help Rondon out.

Phillips has been on the works for a while now. Moses would be amazing so I doubt it happens. If we did get him though then sell Saido obviously
Draxler to Wolfsburg (nice get for Wolfsburg)
Anthony Martial to ManU (think he's talented but right now paid way to much)
Borini to Sunderland
Januzaj to Dortmund (loan)
Rumored: De Gea to Madrid and Navas to ManU
Chicharito to Bayer Leverkusen (hope he does well there)
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Aug 31, 2015 at 8:53 AM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Borini to Sunderland
Janzuaj to Dortmund (loan)

Draxler is a solid pickup, but he's no De Bruyne
Borini to Sunderland
Janzuaj to Dortmund (loan)

Draxler is a solid pickup, but he's no De Bruyne

Very true, but if you have to sell De Bruyne, at least Draxler takes away some of the sting.
why isn't Real happy to roll with Navas at GK?
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Idk, you know Perez, thinks shiny new things are always better. I think we should have rolled with Navas and saw what he had this season and could have gotten De Gea next year for free. At least Navas will get his chance with ManU. I wish him the best, he's been nothing but classy and just striving for a chance to prove himself.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
What is going on with Juve & Chelsea?!?

Hm?

Ah just caught up with the scoreboard. Couple of upsets for sure. I can understand juves issues a little because they lost some good talent. Dunno whats up with chelsea.

Also, I see De bruyne went to man city for another record fee.

Yea...Juve's struggles are understandable and I think they'll be fine. I fully expect them to get their act together and win Serie A title. Chelsea seems completely lost on defense and ManCity is looking really really good. Now they've added De bruyne - great signing btw - and Chelsea can't really afford to have too many setbacks so early in the season.

I expected Barca to start out slowly and they have but I thought they'd lose or draw couple of games early. La Liga officials handed them a really difficult schedule at the start of the season. First half is going to be tough for Barca IMO - but hopefully with infusion of summer transfers in Jan - it will get them back on track. Right now, they look disorganized on offense and defense is unpredictable.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Idk, you know Perez, thinks shiny new things are always better. I think we should have rolled with Navas and saw what he had this season and could have gotten De Gea next year for free. At least Navas will get his chance with ManU. I wish him the best, he's been nothing but classy and just striving for a chance to prove himself.

Not a fan of Perez - but I think he got this right. De Gea has potential to be a great great goalie. Navas is a very good goalie but De Gea is already as good. It's a great signing imho
lol Real lol

lol Real lol

Not true, MUFC and Real both showing receipt was sent in time. Going before UEFA tomorrow. They'll decide.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Honestly, I can't blame Real in this. LvG is very unprofessional and he's to blame for taking this to last hour. De Gea wanted to leave - Real offered them what he wanted but just to humiliate De Gea - he prolonged this. In the end, it came back to bite him. Yes, this hurts Real and De Gea as well - but if De Gea is to leave ManU next year for free - it hurts them the most.

I've never seen a more passive-aggressive manager in transfer period. He has no clue what he wants and what he wants to do.

At least they successfully over-paid for Martial.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 1, 2015 at 1:51 AM ]
Honestly, I can't blame Real in this. LvG is very unprofessional and he's to blame for taking this to last hour. De Gea wanted to leave - Real offered them what he wanted but just to humiliate De Gea - he prolonged this. In the end, it came back to bite him. Yes, this hurts Real and De Gea as well - but if De Gea is to leave ManU next year for free - it hurts them the most.

I've never seen a more passive-aggressive manager in transfer period. He has no clue what he wants and what he wants to do.

At least they successfully over-paid for Martial.

I agree. LVG knew from the get-go what we'd pay and that we'd include Navas. He's the one whi waited til the last minute to send the paperwork. He's been prolonging this from the beginning. Think his unprofessional ways are catching up to him now. Look how many players they've been rumored to be after this transfer period and really the only one they got was for an overpaid for Martial. Don't think players/agents want to deal with him.

On a side note, it's been confirmed that De Gea will stay at MUFC this season. Hoping we can still bring him in on a free transfer. It'd save us money and screw over MUFC for the way they've handled this whole situation.
And of course Moses goes to West Ham
Share 49ersWebzone