There are 174 users in the forums

2015 NBA Off-Season Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Free Agency is just a few hours away...!!!

My predictions:

1. LeBron James: Re-sign with Cavs
2. LaMarcus Aldridge: 4-year max with the Spurs (Hope I'm wrong and he goes to Dallas or Lakers)
3. Marc Gasol: Re-sign with Griz
4. Kawhi Leonard: Re-sign with Spurs
5. Kevin Love: 5-year max re-sign with Cavaliers
6. Jimmy Butler: Re-sign with Bulls (shorter max deal)
7. DeAndre Jordan: 4-year max with the Mavericks
8. Brook Lopez: 5-year max with the Nets (worst signing of the off-season goes to Nets again)
9. Tim Duncan: Re-signs with Spurs for a $1.
10. Dwyane Wade: Re-signs with Heat
11. Draymond Green: Re-signs with Warriors (around 5-year 70M)
12. Brandon Knight: Re-signs almost max deal with Suns
13. Goran Dragic: Re-signs almost max deal with Heat
14. Greg Monroe: Shorter max deal with Knicks
15. Tristan Thompson: Re-signs with Cavs (around 5-year 60M)
16. Tobias Harris: Signs with Pistons or Celtics
17. Monte Ellis - Signs with the Kings
18. Paul Millsap: Signs with Rockets after they swing and miss on every other target
19. DeMarre Carroll: Re-signs with the Hawks
20. Rondo: I don't know who the f**k will want to overpay for him
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 5, 2015 at 1:44 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Let's get this baby rolling.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

I know man...seems that way right now. But, Magic got a stud in the draft to replace his production. Dude played in Spanish league and that's the 2nd best league in the World and has better competition than college hoops. IMO - he should have been picked in top 3. He reminds me of Klay Thompson (coming out of college) but with much better handle and ability to drive to the basket.
4ML.. Lets see some off the wall predictions. Everyone of those is chalk.
Yea this would make for easily the most boring free agency period of all time, esp considering this is one of the more stacked crops in recent memory. So I hope you're wrong! lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/report-warriors-interested-spurs-free-agent-belinelli
Offseason is the season of b******t and speculation...it's like when the NBA becomes a really long episode of Desperate Housewives

The Los Angeles Lakers have lost some of their edge in attracting top level free agents, but that can surely shift back in the next few years.

Shaquille O'Neal famously signed with the Lakers in 1996.

"It came down to the aura of Los Angeles," said Magic executive Pat Williams, according to the book "The Show: The Inside Story of the Spectacular Los Angeles Lakers."

"They don't have the same pull, but they do have the city, weather and off-the-court appeal," one executive said. "Also, Kobe is only there for a short time, then you can be the face of the team."

Said another executive: "The Lakers will always be a huge draw. They will be fine regardless. While losing Howard was not planned, they will still be in on anyone."

And said another executive: "They just need one big guy to go there, and the rest will follow. I expect [Russell] Westbrook and [James] Harden to join forces there when they become free. It definitely still has allure. It's still L.A., and they are still the Lakers. No free agent can question whether or not they will spend the money to win titles."

Westbrook is not eligible to become a free agent until 2016, while Harden isn't a free agent until 2018.

Both Westbrook and Harden were born and raised in the Los Angeles area.
4ml predicts the Lakers don't sign a single free agent. lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
4ML.. Lets see some off the wall predictions. Everyone of those is chalk.

Lakers sign errrrrybody

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
4ml predicts the Lakers don't sign a single free agent. lol

Which is funny considering Kevin Love is probably drooling over the possibility of the Lakers offering him a contract.

Yea thats why Love and Lebron were hanging out in LA. Both are hoping Lakers think they're good enough for an offer from the Lakers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some goddamn free agency news.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by jrg:

I know man...seems that way right now. But, Magic got a stud in the draft to replace his production. Dude played in Spanish league and that's the 2nd best league in the World and has better competition than college hoops. IMO - he should have been picked in top 3. He reminds me of Klay Thompson (coming out of college) but with much better handle and ability to drive to the basket.

but i want both! lol i think if he doesn't go to the Knicks, he'll stay in Orlando.

dipo, elf, tobias, vuc have a pretty nice thing going

come on back tobias!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Yea this would make for easily the most boring free agency period of all time, esp considering this is one of the more stacked crops in recent memory. So I hope you're wrong! lol

Like I posted in the op - I hope LaMarcus doesn't sign with Spurs and picks Dallas or Lakers. It's strictly based on what rumors were out there at the time of my post.
Not sure how many other teams will let Lebron be the team historian, plus de-facto coach AND GM, so I'll go out on a limb and say he stays in Cleveland.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jun 30, 2015 at 7:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone