There are 215 users in the forums

PGA Tour thread

rory would have smashed on these doots
Speith vs Early Tiger....

How do they compare?
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on Jul 21, 2015 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Like he did at Augusta and Chambers Bay?
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

How do they compare?

Speith isnt even #1 in the world yet. He is amazing but he needs to get to #1 and keep it before he can truly compared to Tiger. For a decade Tiger was the greatest player ever. Sadly, it didnt last as long as it should have.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

How do they compare?

Speith isnt even #1 in the world yet. He is amazing but he needs to get to #1 and keep it before he can truly compared to Tiger. For a decade Tiger was the greatest player ever. Sadly, it didnt last as long as it should have.

I can't remember the actual numbers, but they were talking about Jordan vs early tiger on the radio this morning. They were saying how through the first 3 majors, jordan is like -21 (or something like that). In I think they were saying 2000, though the first 3 majors, tiger was like -51.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Like he did at Augusta and Chambers Bay?

i'm just trolling.. i don't know sh*t bout golf lol
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Stalyn are you talking about career wise?

I was partially being facetious. Mick has a ton of meltdowns, but I think he just had the unfortunate luck of playing most of his tournaments against Tiger Woods in his prime. He has six runner-ups in the US Open (insane) and 10+ in his career I believe in majors, but he should have definitely won more championships and this is coming from someone who grew up rooting for him instead of Tiger.

Dustin Johnson's shot on 18 on Sunday was insanely bad and he couldn't recover. Of course this following his US Open meltdown too. Some guys are just more mentally tough than others when it comes to pressure and can't handle it like others. I just can't ever see DJ overcoming his inability to play calm when he's in the lead. At least his wife's hot
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

How do they compare?

I can't remember the actual numbers, but they were talking about Jordan vs early tiger on the radio this morning. They were saying how through the first 3 majors, jordan is like -21 (or something like that). In I think they were saying 2000, though the first 3 majors, tiger was like -51.

One thing that Tiger was better at (in my opinion) was making the clutch par putts. I mean, the guy virtually made them every single time. His short game was second to none and he often needed that given his stretches of suspect driving of the ball. Once Jordan gets the consistency with those putts.. look out.

But yeah.. the Tiger of 2000 was in another world.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Stalyn are you talking about career wise?

I was partially being facetious. Mick has a ton of meltdowns, but I think he just had the unfortunate luck of playing most of his tournaments against Tiger Woods in his prime. He has six runner-ups in the US Open (insane) and 10+ in his career I believe in majors, but he should have definitely won more championships and this is coming from someone who grew up rooting for him instead of Tiger.

Dustin Johnson's shot on 18 on Sunday was insanely bad and he couldn't recover. Of course this following his US Open meltdown too. Some guys are just more mentally tough than others when it comes to pressure and can't handle it like others. I just can't ever see DJ overcoming his inability to play calm when he's in the lead. At least his wife's hot

I think its legit to question DJ now given what he has done with leads in majors. As for Michelson, I really believe that the 18th at Winged Foot ,when he hit driver instead of 3 wood and called himself an idiot, was his only major choke. Phil was always the aggressive player with high risk/reward and I'm sure it cost him a few times but I dont think it was cuz of the choke factor.
Its going to be interesting to see if DJ can hang in there for 4 rounds. He is too talented to not break through and win a major at some point and this is a course that he has played well on in the past.

Johnson or Day is going to win this I think.

Jason Day. Spectacular golf.

How do they compare?

He is now. He looks like he is solidly the best player in the world too. He either won or was a serious contender in every major this year. He has every shot you could want and is a wizard with the flat stick.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

How do they compare?

He is now. He looks like he is solidly the best player in the world too. He either won or was a serious contender in every major this year. He has every shot you could want and is a wizard with the flat stick.

He has the best short game in the business right now but I wouldnt say he is "solidly the best player in the world". I think McIlroy, Day, and Speith are on a par. Day was the 54 hole leader in 3 straight majors this year and look out now that he has broken through. Rory and Day have the length to just overpower a course when they are firing on all cylinders.

Speith is amazing to watch and root for though. No one gets more out of his ability than Jordan Speith, no one competes harder, and no one is mentally tougher.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Aug 16, 2015 at 8:30 PM ]
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Jason Day. Spectacular golf.
Finally got one, will be interesting to see what happens now he has a major.
Speith's reign as #1 lasted.... 1 week. LOL
Share 49ersWebzone