LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

PGA Tour thread

We shouldn't keep using the Tiger thread for the entire PGA. It made sense when he was the only thing that mattered in the PGA, but that time is long gone.

So Jordan Spieth now has back to back Majors to start the season. Will the Grand Slam be in his future?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So Jordan Spieth now has back to back Majors to start the season. Will the Grand Slam be in his future?

I doubt we will ever see anyone win the GS. But I like his chances better than anyone else this year.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I doubt we will ever see anyone win the GS. But I like his chances better than anyone else this year.

Definitely unlikely, but you start the season with back to back Majors and it's hard to deny the possibility.
Speith probably shouldn't have won yesterday actually. He choked big time on that drive on 17, but the 3W approach on 18 was a redeemer. Johnson's 3 putt

Definitely unlikely, but you start the season with back to back Majors and it's hard to deny the possibility.

50-1 at best. The pressure would be intense if he wins the British. I like Rory to win at St Andrews though. Long course and perfect for his game. Not saying Spetih cant win obviously because of course he can.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Speith probably shouldn't have won yesterday actually. He choked big time on that drive on 17, but the 3W approach on 18 was a redeemer. Johnson's 3 putt

So you agree with john? Spieth choked on 17 when it wasn't all on the line, but Johnson didn't when it was all on the line? Agree with all of it, some of it, or what?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

So you agree with john? Spieth choked on 17 when it wasn't all on the line, but Johnson didn't when it was all on the line? Agree with all of it, some of it, or what?

Once again you need better reading comprehension. I didnt say one WAS a choke and the other wasnt. I said that Speith's swing was equally as much of a choke or even more than DJs. "Everyone is all over Jordan's nuts today (and the guy is amazing) but his swing on 17 could have and maybe should have cost him the tourney. IMO, that was just as big of a choke job as DJs putt. But it will be forgotton because he was able to 2 putt on 18 and DJ wasnt."
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/164662-tiger-woods-thread/page51/#Gu1l3YzSeU7zvF0f.99

That swing by Speith was FAR more unusual than Johnsons putting stroke. He didnt have awful putting greens to contend with but had a pretty simple straightforward shot.

At least get what I say right if you are going to comment on what I say. I also said that people (especially those who havent played the game and dont understand) are too quick to just label someone as a choker when they dont succeed. It simply isnt always a choke job and I pointed out that DJ is 151st on tour in putts under 6 feet and just isnt a great putter. That showed throughout his round yesterday and not just on 18.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jun 22, 2015 at 6:36 PM ]
84/84 in 3 putt avoidance but its not a chokejob ...nobody is arguing that hes a terrible short putter but the 2nd putt had no business being more than a formality instead of a 3 footer. It was a chokejob plain and simple
Dustin Johnson was the Seahawks....

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
84/84 in 3 putt avoidance but its not a chokejob ...nobody is arguing that hes a terrible short putter but the 2nd putt had no business being more than a formality instead of a 3 footer. It was a chokejob plain and simple

You have never hit a putt just a little hard especially if trying to make it? I know I have. That was no easy putt

Were there nerves? Of course. I'm sure he was nervous as hell over that putt as most people would be. But, I dont think that was a gimmie 2 putt that everyone seems to think it was given the slope and bumpiness of the greens. Ask Rory. Ask Speith. Ask viirtually every guy out there missing putts left and right. It was not a typical PGA tour event with great greens.

Just think the CHOKE label is used way too much.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jun 22, 2015 at 7:03 PM ]
What I find funny is that everyone is calling DJs 3 putt a choke but not Speiths double on 17. How is one a choke and not the other? Not only did Jordan hit a shot that he would likely never make without some pressure but then 3 putted as well.
You have never hit a putt just a little hard especially if trying to make it? I know I have. That was no easy putt

Were there nerves? Of course. I'm sure he was nervous as hell over that putt as most people would be. But, I dont think that was a gimmie 2 putt that everyone seems to think it was given the slope and bumpiness of the greens. Ask Rory. Ask Speith. Ask viirtually every guy out there missing putts left and right. It was not a typical PGA tour event with great greens.

So Dustin makes a tough putt on 17 that he had to make but he can't 2 putt from 12 feet on 18? He was 84/84 including the rounds at Chambers Bay in avoiding 3 putts from that distance. He choked, it happens
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

So Dustin makes a tough putt on 17 that he had to make but he can't 2 putt from 12 feet on 18? He was 84/84 including the rounds at Chambers Bay in avoiding 3 putts from that distance. He choked, it happens

Golf is a tough game. The putt on 17 was just as big as the one on 18. If that doesnt go in he has no chance on 18 anyway. I dont think he doesnt choke on 17 and then chokes on 18. Sorry but I dont buy it.

You still wont answer my question though on Speith. Why isnt his awful swing and 3 putt on 17 NOT a choke but DJs 3 putt a choke?
Thoughts on the course? Trying a little too hard to be a European links course for my taste. Just a bit much. Kind of like the landscape didn't fit what they were trying to do.
Share 49ersWebzone