LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

2015 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by Knowledge:
I will quit being a Sixers fan if they draft Porzingis

#fact

Suns apparently like him a lot. If a Bledsoe deal did go down, locally, that is the guy that people are reporting that the Suns most covet.
Its so tough to judge most prospects and their translation to the NBA, but Euros in particular... man they are hard to judge. Some look great on paper, they have size, they all can shoot, but they can't translate to the NBA. Athleticism is probably a factor and pussiness may be another variable.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Its so tough to judge most prospects and their translation to the NBA, but Euros in particular... man they are hard to judge. Some look great on paper, they have size, they all can shoot, but they can't translate to the NBA. Athleticism is probably a factor and pussiness may be another variable.

I actually think one variable we forget to look at when judging foreign players is culture shock. They leave their family, friends, and completely engulf themselves in a world that's not like the one they grew up in. They have to learn a slightly different game (in the sense that how we approach the game, the players they'll be playing against, the media, etc) too. I think at that point it's mental and they just lose focus or mentally aren't disciplined enough to make the transition.

It's a lot easier said than done. Especially when remembering these guys are freakin kids. 18-24 years old?!?! Kidding me...lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

#fact

Suns apparently like him a lot. If a Bledsoe deal did go down, locally, that is the guy that people are reporting that the Suns most covet.

i wouldnt mind Porzingis at like 7 or 8...but not at 3

#fact

i wouldnt mind Porzingis at like 7 or 8...but not at 3

He isnt getting past 5 and I think the Knicks take him at 4 if Philly doesnt take him.
Originally posted by GameOver:

I actually think one variable we forget to look at when judging foreign players is culture shock. They leave their family, friends, and completely engulf themselves in a world that's not like the one they grew up in. They have to learn a slightly different game (in the sense that how we approach the game, the players they'll be playing against, the media, etc) too. I think at that point it's mental and they just lose focus or mentally aren't disciplined enough to make the transition.

It's a lot easier said than done. Especially when remembering these guys are freakin kids. 18-24 years old?!?! Kidding me...lol

Good point... May be easier in a smaller market for these guys.

#fact

give Bledsoe to Sac! We will be happy to take him for the 6th pick!

Good point. On the flipside, I'm amazed by some of the kids these days. These days, kids get what used to be advanced training from a younger age. They have access to more resources from a younger age. And some are second-generation players like Steph and Klay, so they grow up knowing exactly what it takes. A lot of things are second-nature for them. It's like the next evolution of "coach's son": the "pro's son." For example, I think Porzingis' parents both played basketball (at a lower level) and his older brother played professionally in Europe.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
bring Houston that Notre Dame PG, PLEASE!!!

Did he declare? I thought the ND PG that most were talking about is Jerian Grant, I'm a Irish fan, and loved Grant's game with the Irish. Might be wrong, Jackson may have been a Senior, I haven't paid attention to the draft lately.

Yeah Jerian Grant, I assume he announced since he is listed on every draft site for NBA

Oh yeah I thought you meant the Jackson kid, cause of the video below the post I replied to. I want Grant badly for my Rockets at 18, but news is Sergio Lull is close to coming over to the Rockets from Spain I think or Greece. He is a big name overseas, and was a 2009(I think) 2nd rd pick of the Rockets.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Oh yeah I thought you meant the Jackson kid, cause of the video below the post I replied to. I want Grant badly for my Rockets at 18, but news is Sergio Lull is close to coming over to the Rockets from Spain I think or Greece. He is a big name overseas, and was a 2009(I think) 2nd rd pick of the Rockets.

oh man you are right, thats embarassing lol

Originally posted by zonkers:

Good point. On the flipside, I'm amazed by some of the kids these days. These days, kids get what used to be advanced training from a younger age. They have access to more resources from a younger age. And some are second-generation players like Steph and Klay, so they grow up knowing exactly what it takes. A lot of things are second-nature for them. It's like the next evolution of "coach's son": the "pro's son." For example, I think Porzingis' parents both played basketball (at a lower level) and his older brother played professionally in Europe.

Yup, well said. Both sides of the coin are equally incredible. To think someone like Anthony Davis is 22 and has all the responsibility that he does (for himself, his team, his family, his career/future, the organization's success, being a professional on/off the court) is insane. 22 years old I was doing some stupid s**t and Anthony Davis has little room for error. Can really barely be a "youth" anymore just given the nature of the world we live in today and how he could be one camera phone video away from being a top story on ESPN for all the wrong reasons.

And people are surprised how some folks that come into the League fail despite having all the physical tools necessary. As much as we give them s**t for getting paid, these guys are put in extraordinary circumstances at a very young age.
1 more day
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Who is we going to take?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Who is we going to take?

Kevin Pangos
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need a PF to rotate with Draymond.
Share 49ersWebzone