There are 137 users in the forums

2015 NBA Draft Thread

Thursday, June 25th, 2015, 4pm PT on ESPN

1 Minnesota Timberwolves
– Lottery luck means Minnesota can take either Okafor or Towns to solidify the middle.
2 Los Angeles Lakers
– See above. Whichever elite big man is left after Minnesota picks is likely headed to L.A.
3 Philadelphia 76ers
– Philadelphia has one first round pick and a whopping five second round selections.
4 New York Knicks
– The Lottery didn't go as they wanted, but there will still be plenty of talent available at No. 4.
5 Orlando Magic
– In need of perimeter scoring, power forward Kristaps Porzingis could be the best bet.
6 Sacramento Kings
– The Kings could be in good position to find the ideal Cousins compliment in Cauley-Stein.
7 Denver Nuggets
– In need of shooters, the Nuggets will have a handful of interesting options in play.
8 Detroit Pistons
– Mario Hezonja or Winslow could be the way to go for a team lacking shooters.
9 Charlotte Hornets
– Do the Hornets go with a power forward again, or go for the shooter they need?
10 Miami Heat
– Miami's pick here depends on if Pat Riley believes Hassan Whiteside is the real deal.
11 Indiana Pacers
– In need of offense and a shooter, Devin Booker would be the ideal pick here.
12 Utah Jazz
– Utah will be looking to add some more offense, possibly in the form of a stretch four.
13 Phoenix Suns
– The Suns could be looking at a power forward, so there will be plenty of options.
14 Oklahoma City Thunder
– Finding a dependable backup for Russell Westbrook could be the way to go here.
15 Atlanta Hawks
– Should Atlanta be looking to protect itself from free agency losses? (From Brooklyn)
16 Boston Celtics
– Brad Stevens needs to add prospects on both ends of the floor to his stable.
17 Milwaukee Bucks
– The Bucks would love to add another scorer to their young stable.
18 Houston Rockets
– Is the possible backup point guard solution out there for Houston? (From New Orleans)
19 Washington Wizards
– Is there a right fit at this spot to go alongside the team's thrilling backcourt?
20 Toronto Raptors
– The Raptors need a shakeup badly, and will be looking for a youngster that can step up.
21 Dallas Mavericks
– Forever getting older, Dallas could use youth in the front and backcourts.
22 Chicago Bulls
– Will Chicago's new coach start molding his new team with a college face he knows well?
23 Portland Trail Blazers
– Do the Blazers need a contingency plan if LaMarcus Aldridge leaves via free agency?
24 Cleveland Cavaliers
– The Cavs are always looking for shooters who can create space for LeBron James.
25 Memphis Grizzlies
– Memphis might look to start replacing its aging big men with a project here.
26 San Antonio Spurs
– San Antonio is always reloading from odd places. Do they go overseas again?
27 Los Angeles Lakers
– After scoring big early, the Lakers will look to fill out the roster. (From Houston)
28 Boston Celtics
– The playoff berth proved that the rebuilding project is ahead of schedule.(From Clippers)
29 Brooklyn Nets
– This pick was swapped with Atlanta in the Joe Johnson trade. (From Atlanta)
30 Golden State Warriors
– Long-range shooters are always welcome here, as is a fast-paced player.

Resources
NBA.com Draft Site
NBA.com Mock Draft 2.0
DraftExpress
[ Edited by GameOver on Jun 18, 2015 at 9:06 PM ]
6 days until D'Angelo Russell is a 76er!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Knowledge:

What's going on with Embiid?!? Heard he had a set back. Was really lookin fwd to seeing him in summer league. Any chance of that now?!?
I hope the Jazz don't draft Dekker.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jun 18, 2015 at 9:41 PM ]

Word out of the Lakers organization is they are favoring Russell over Okafor. Rumors are rumors, but this is what they're saying.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

he's white. He's going to the jazz.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

• Jiks

I'd rather have Frank Kaminsky(sp) if we go racially motivated. That or trade up for Henzoja. Also be happy with Oubre, Turner, Johnson or Booker if we go BPA.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I'd rather have Frank Kaminsky(sp) if we go racially motivated. That or trade up for Henzoja. Also be happy with Oubre, Turner, Johnson or Booker if we go BPA.

I was just gonna post in the Jazz forum who everyone wanted. I didn't get to watch a lot of college ball this year so I wasn't really sure who BPA were at #12. I've heard a lot about Turner and Booker but I don't know Johnson or Oubre.

man i hope winslow falls to detroit. doubt it though
Originally posted by 4ML:

What's going on with Embiid?!? Heard he had a set back. Was really lookin fwd to seeing him in summer league. Any chance of that now?!?

No set back. Just says healing is slower than expected. was experiencing no pain. has been dominant in workouts. IMO i think they put this report out just so they dont have to play him in summer league
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I got a feeling the Suns are going to draft Frank Kaminski. I'm intrigued what a front court of len and Kaminski will look like?
Towns and Russell with both be on the Wolves, you heard it hear first
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Word out of the Lakers organization is they are favoring Russell over Okafor. Rumors are rumors, but this is what they're saying.

Then maybe Philly goes Mudiay?
Share 49ersWebzone