LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

FIFA officials arrested over corruption charges (update: Blatter resigns!)

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
No surprise Blatter won. Probably threatened the smaller countries with removal of FIFA funding unless they voted for him.

Ha, what a joke of a league. Amidst scandal and arrests, no time to postpone the election. Then elect the same guy who presided over the scandal for years.

Nfl is no better with Goodell. lol

Lol, not even the same thing. Goodell was given power from the union and owners to make his stupid decisions. He doesn't have a staff of folks stealing money to host games.

This. As much as I dislike Goodell, the NFL is no where near FIFA when it comes to corruption.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
No surprise Blatter won. Probably threatened the smaller countries with removal of FIFA funding unless they voted for him.

Ha, what a joke of a league. Amidst scandal and arrests, no time to postpone the election. Then elect the same guy who presided over the scandal for years.

Lol, not even the same thing. Goodell was given power from the union and owners to make his stupid decisions. He doesn't have a staff of folks stealing money to host games.

This. As much as I dislike Goodell, the NFL is no where near FIFA when it comes to corruption.

NFL has legal ways of "bribing" like tax abatements, other breaks and loopholes that aren't changed due to NfL buying off congressmen.

http://m.nydailynews.com/opinion/editorial-new-york-time-tackle-nfl-tax-status-article-1.1960022

LOL @comparing the NFL to FIFA
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

2 sports leagues with dictator-like head honchos that exploit their power and rule with an iron fist with no way for anybody to contest their rulings.......yeah, nothing similar there. lol
Headline news http://nypost.com/2015/05/31/soccer-stars-in-racist-orgy-with-thai-hookers/

"Soccer stars in racist orgy with Thai hookers"

My kind of party.

Ping pong show
[ Edited by blizzuntz on May 31, 2015 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

2 sports leagues with dictator-like head honchos that exploit their power and rule with an iron fist with no way for anybody to contest their rulings.......yeah, nothing similar there. lol

Goodell is only guilty of being judge and jury, and also giving out punishments as he sees fit. On top of that, the NFL is mainly the US, it doesn't really affect any other country (at least on an economic scale). FIFA is pretty much in every country on this planet. This has to do with money here, nothing to do with 4 game suspensions or that sort of s**t. As far as money laundering goes, rigging matches, nothing compares to FIFA.
Unmmmm FIFA corruption is on par with a politician taking bribes from the mafia. Gangsta s**t.

Roger looks like a puppy next to FIFA
sepp blatter to resign...

does the united state get any credit for this? lol
Originally posted by schmons:
sepp blatter to resign...

does the united state get any credit for this? lol

He's gone!!!!!!!!!!

I give the U.S. Full credit for this. Don't know about the rest of Europe though.
so any chance the 2022 world cup moves to the US after this?
[ Edited by schmons on Jun 2, 2015 at 10:04 AM ]

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
WHOA WHAT?!?!?
what a waste of an election lol

//
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by jreff22:
what a waste of an election lol

this, but who the f**k cares, blatter is gone!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i wish our justice dept went after some of the more important US white collar criminals like they did this FIFA bribery.
Share 49ersWebzone