There are 117 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: 2015 & 2016 NBA Finals Thread - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Warriors over Cavs in 5.

I agree. Without Love and a limping Irving, I cant see a Cavs win. Irving will be exposed on defense with a bad leg trying to gaurd those shooters.

Agree as well. LeBron is amazing, but the Cavs are not healthy. I also think the Warriors have soundly defeated better competition, and are the better team overall.

Warriors in 6. Could go 7 due to the greatness of LeBron, but the Warriors have been the best team since opening day and will win it.
Gotta remember, Lebron is a great defender too. They will probably put Lebron guarding Curry. That will be interesting to see how Curry plays when he has Lebron on him.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Gotta remember, Lebron is a great defender too. They will probably put Lebron guarding Curry. That will be interesting to see how Curry plays when he has Lebron on him.

I'm sure they will at times, but that makes Irving a big liability against the wings. He's going to have a hard time with a bad knee fighting through screens to guard Klay, and Barnes can score over him. They can't stick LeBron on Curry for long, only short stretches.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Warriors in 6.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hope Klay is alright for game 1.
Originally posted by mayo49:

word. tho i think the long layoff helps the cavs more than the W's. in the end i hope the old addage that TEAMS win over superstars carrying a team pays out...Go W's!!!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by mayo49:

word. tho i think the long layoff helps the cavs more than the W's. in the end i hope the old addage that TEAMS win over superstars carrying a team pays out...Go W's!!!

Plus the Cavs have the handicap of having a random, totally confused guy in a suit for a head coach. He might as well just nap in the locker room, because the games wouldnt turn out any different if he was out there.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Plus the Cavs have the handicap of having a random, totally confused guy in a suit for a head coach. He might as well just nap in the locker room, because the games wouldnt turn out any different if he was out there.

Good point. Kerr > Blatt, and I think that will make some difference in this series.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
That knee he took was pretty vicious. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes the full 7 days of the concussion protocol time.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
so lebron is THAT good huh? Weren't the cavs pure s**t before lebron came back?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I wouldn't say they were pure s**t,

But they definitely needed Lebron to get over that hump.

But here's the thing though, like i've always shown support to lebron, but i really don't like how he decided to proceed into his career.

and i'm talking about forming that team in Miami, easiest way for him to get a championship because he gave up on Cleveland, and now that he's got his championships, then he's jus like well i'm coming home, and try to win one for you guys, but if i don't at least i got those 3 in Miami.

This guy will never be better than Kobe or Jordan.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Good point. Kerr > Blatt, and I think that will make some difference in this series.

Superstars carry teams to the playoffs because few gameplan you as intently during the 82 game season but in a 7 game playoff series whether it be in game or game to game adjustments is where coaching shows up the most. CLE never won with Mike Brown even though LBJ carried them to the playoffs with 60 win seasons. LBJ had to go to Riley and Wade to learn how to win. That will help him his second stint in CLE but I don't know if LBJ can carry Blatt over Kerr. We will soon find out
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Pretty much

Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
I wouldn't say they were pure s**t,

But they definitely needed Lebron to get over that hump.

But here's the thing though, like i've always shown support to lebron, but i really don't like how he decided to proceed into his career.

and i'm talking about forming that team in Miami, easiest way for him to get a championship because he gave up on Cleveland, and now that he's got his championships, then he's jus like well i'm coming home, and try to win one for you guys, but if i don't at least i got those 3 in Miami.

This guy will never be better than Kobe or Jordan.

Sports radio and analysts keeps talking about this is the worst team Lebron has taken to the finals yet (thats because of a hurt Irving). With Irving playing 20-30 mins, the rest of the team is nobody.

Lebron had to force so much s**t over the course of the playoffs, which is why is %'s are crap. They won, but played very inefficient basketball.

Warriors will be spreading the ball like crazy. Warriors in 5 or 6. Too bad Irving is hurt. This finals could have been epic.

BTW warriors favored hard in Vegas, like -275 hard.

edit: BTW, I am conflicted. I will be rooting for the Warriors because its the bay, and a lot of my friends are Warriors fans. But I love Lebron more and more everyday because people have such an irrational hate for the dude.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on May 28, 2015 at 6:32 AM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Pretty much

Sports radio and analysts keeps talking about this is the worst team Lebron has taken to the finals yet (thats because of a hurt Irving). With Irving playing 20-30 mins, the rest of the team is nobody.

Lebron had to force so much s**t over the course of the playoffs, which is why is %'s are crap. They won, but played very inefficient basketball.

Warriors will be spreading the ball like crazy. Warriors in 5 or 6. Too bad Irving is hurt. This finals could have been epic.

BTW warriors favored hard in Vegas, like -275 hard.

edit: BTW, I am conflicted. I will be rooting for the Warriors because its the bay, and a lot of my friends are Warriors fans. But I love Lebron more and more everyday because people have such an irrational hate for the dude.

We call that last bit the "Alex Smith Effect."
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
WWEnba

lol
Share 49ersWebzone